Chronicals of Narnia Movie

page 1 of 1 18 total items

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Cancel

Just wanted to know if anyone had palns on seeing "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" when it came into theaters. I grew up reading C.S. Lewis' "Chronicles," and they were one of my favorite series (just after Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" and just before Alexander's "Prydain Chronicles"). I'm stoked that someone's taken the initiative to put them into film format.
Of course, I also read the "Chronicles" critically in an academic setting when I got older, so I'm rather ambivalent as to how the movie will portray the Christian allegorical aspects of the books. I'm afraid Disney will leave them out all together or worse, gloss over them so that people miss the significance of a certain event!

Just like to know how ya'll think. See you at the movies! (*~.^*)

Signature

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Cancel

lol I remember reading the books along time ago (possibly when i was in primary school). I really loved the stories and it's probably one of the few Fantasy stories I really enjoyed. I'm not sure a Disney film would really do the books justice since book adaptations usually make me wanna puke ^^ (The Harry Potter movies are all anal leakage compared to the books)

i doubt I'd goto the cinema to watch it since I'm living on a Uni student budget.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

Cancel

i didnt know they were making a narnia movie is there a site and right now i have been going through the books for the first time i cant believe i didnt read these books when i was 10 or 12 years old right now im on the last book

walkure245

walkure245

MagiBlue

Cancel

I'm really glad that they remade the movie. ^_^ I've seen all the old movies that were created and the graphics were horrible. >_> So I was happy when they announced the remake. Yeah! I love all the stories. XD Peter is so cool! I remember reading book 2 in middle school and didn't pick it up again until last summer when I bought all the book for the series. I'm definitely going to see it. >_<

Signature
Created by my best friend, Kitten

Cancel

I don't know. The book was great, but sometimes they make the movies really crappy.

I <3 Super Smash :). Join the Super-Smash-Bros-Melee group!

• May 09, 2005
Cancel

they already have a lion the witch and the wardrobe movie but i cant wait to see the new one come out!!

• May 10, 2005

red-planet31

red-planet31

The ONE and ONLY...

Cancel

When did they make a movie on the lion, the witch and the wardrobe?!!!! I love the Chronicles of Narnia. I've read all of the books more than once. Hehe. They're making a movie? Who's making the movie?

Signature Image

• May 10, 2005

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Cancel

they're updating it!? *gasp* i LOVE the chronicles of narnia... i used to watch the old movie versions when they'd play on kqed! my favorite group of children would have to be lucy, edmund, susan, and peter... eustace kinda got on my nerves, but my favorite book was Voyage of the Dawn Treader... sorry rambling... ^_^' does anyone know who's gonna be in the movie?

Signature Image

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

Cancel

Hehe, I'm still reading the series! But yes, I'll be looking forward to it!! XD I think there was already a TV series based on the books. But this recent one is great news! Naw, I really don't think Disney will ruin anything! Though, that's just my opinion and I'm a little biased as I love Disney's works. ^_^'
See you at the movies then Sylvacoer-san! XD

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Cancel

I didn't know they had it complete... Should be good, should teach those harry potter pansies what true fantasy fiction is about.

~ Save Bandwidth! Use a text siggy instead!

My Latest Walls:

Ethereal Summoner ~ Yuna & Valefor
Sunshine Girl //make you happy?

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

Cancel

i've seen the making...and i looks a bit childish to me..like harry potter
i think reading the book is better

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

• May 10, 2005
Cancel

^ Indeed.

I wonder why they decided to do The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe? They could've started with the first book and ran through the whole series. Say, did they touch on the Creation of Narnia in the movie? You know, just to explain things like the lamp post and the talking animals.

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Cancel

Quote by Revue^ Indeed.
I wonder why they decided to do The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe? They could've started with the first book and ran through the whole series. Say, did they touch on the Creation of Narnia in the movie? You know, just to explain things like the lamp post and the talking animals.

Yeah, you'd think they'd do "The Magician's Nephew" first to get the chronology straight, but then, C.S. Lewis wrote that book sixth - sort of like how Lucas made episodes 1-3 of Star Wars twenty years after episode 4-6! (*^.^*)
i think it'd be okay if they did it like that, provided the don't screw up "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"!

Signature

Cancel

Can't wait for the Movie!!!! End of this year !!! December 2005 !!! Woop woop!!! Still waiting for the trailer to be out :) Really looking forward to see it :)

• May 15, 2005

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

Cancel

I am really looking forward to this one, I have seen the trailer and it looks quite well done. I don't know how well they will get the undertones for the series, but we can only wait to see. I grew up with this series, and so am really interested in how they are going to do this. ^^

Signature
Ava/sig both made by Kuai.

selimangagirl

selimangagirl

la luz de la luna

Cancel

I will go to see the film, because I read the books and I love them.

Tenner

Tenner

Nice Guy

Cancel

Quote by selimangagirlI will go to see the film, because I read the books and I love them.

Same here... it will be an all new experience though since I forgot basically all about these books (read them aaaaages ago). But I'm expecting some sublime and awesome moments of extreme nostalgia. X)

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

Cancel

I want to see the film as well. I've only read the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe and have seen some of the cartoons/live action films- guess that makes me a poser. The trailers look good, but we'll see how it does. I wonder if Disney will make rides from the movies then.....

Signature Image

• Oct 16, 2005

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.