Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which is better *Poll* - Minitokyo

Which is better *Poll*

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

comprogrammer

comprogrammer

Changing in the Light

Which is better a lie that draws a smile, or the truth that draws a tear?

Signature Image

1mm0rt4l

Consummate Sniper

I'd have to go with truth ( the smile is not worth it if you had to lie to bring it there)

Signature

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

I'd like to know the truth, than be lied to... ppl are always lying to me...sick of it. >=(

Why do you kill the joy of death?

I think context is important here. There are circumstances when a pleasent lie is better than the cold truth.

Like telling a 5 year old that yes, there is a Santa Claus.

Obviously, not all of these will fit into the same category. Which thus brings the importance of context.

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

The truth that draws a tear, truth hurts but we have to face it. I hate liars, even they can make me smile

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

the problem with the lies is that eventually it will draw the tear anyhow when the truth is discovered.

I am invincible!

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

Lies are just plain bad...either way it will turn out bad. So face it head on so you have nothing to be ashamed of..^_^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Truth is always better than a lie

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

Quote by 1mm0rt4lI'd have to go with truth ( the smile is not worth it if you had to lie to bring it there)

I agree with 1mm0rt4.

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

Haia

Haia

:.:Dies Irae:.:

I have to go with the Truth.........I know I lie too much but I only lie about things that I know won't bring fake happiness to someone I care about...I hate fake............and I would also like people to tell me the truth...I would rather cry of what things are...than be happy of what things are not...

Signature Image

...I don't think that much of lies..even if a person has made a mistake etc..the fact that they've managed to pluck up the courage to tell you straight off counts for a heck of in my books...

Lies will bring tears eventually, the smile is only temporary.
I know from experience.

vode

vode

Banned For Inactive

Quote by FizzyboyLies will bring tears eventually, the smile is only temporary.
I know from experience.

same.. happened b4... lies will brings tears

--o'.'---o

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Truth is always better.

Quote by vode

Quote by FizzyboyLies will bring tears eventually, the smile is only temporary.
I know from experience.

same.. happened b4... lies will brings tears

Yup, that's right.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I agree with Fizzyboy.

Not counting the small stupid, meaningless lies, I once lied about something important.

I thought I was doing a service. But in the end, I just hurt her even more by doing it. And that hurt me more than anything.

So don't lie. However painful the truth maybe, it needs to be known. A lie is only a temporary veil. It will vanish eventually. Don't hurt the person more by lying.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

i guess i have to go with the bitter truth than to be lied. because the truth will set you free. even though circumstances sow that at the end you will possibly be hurt, at least you know the truth. and the truth will always be revealed in the end so there is no use of hiding it.

lying will never put a smile on anyone, it only hurts.

Quote by EternalParadox
So don't lie. However painful the truth maybe, it needs to be known. A lie is only a temporary veil. It will vanish eventually. Don't hurt the person more by lying.

yeah dont lie!

I say the truth that draws a tear because even if a lie feels better it's not the truth and people need to know the truth sometimes.

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Even if it made them cry, it is my duty to tell them the truth. I cannot feed them lies because then I would be giving them false happiness. Once they finally learned the truth, since all truth eventually comes out, they will cry even harder because I lied to them.

I always want people to tell me the truth, and not spare my feelings.

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Quote by LordStyphonI think context is important here. There are circumstances when a pleasent lie is better than the cold truth.

Like telling a 5 year old that yes, there is a Santa Claus.

Obviously, not all of these will fit into the same category. Which thus brings the importance of context.

This is closest to my thoughts on the topic. Sometimes a lie is more beneficial than the cold hard truth, but it really depends on the circumstance. An extreme might be if someone is dying (read a car accident with only moments to live), wouldn't it be more reassuring to hear that you're going to be fine especially from a loved one than to hear that you're a gonner? Those last few moments would probably be easier to face with a smile than with grim reality. Just a thought and I'm sure everyone would have their own feelings about such a situation.
In a general sense though, I'd probably err with the truth if it caused only a temporary hurt over a lie that could amount up to a far greater hurt.

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

loner7148

loner7148

evil intent

truth... tell it and leave it... ...

~abashed, the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is~

knightstar3

knightstar3

already there...

Quote by BorisGrishenkothe problem with the lies is that eventually it will draw the tear anyhow when the truth is discovered.

I totally agree with BorisGrishenko. lies will eventually draw tears somehow.

Signature
member of COLORFUL WALLIES!
member of Hoteru-no-Shiki

ayane-heine

ayane-heine

::__ToMaTO__::

i prefer truth.. although some truths may hurt people.. i rather listen to the truth than being deceive.. :D

__* Fresh Feelin 4eva *__
Signature

There is a proverb: better bitter lie, than the sweet truth. Whether it is correct, all is difficult to tell depends on a concrete situation. To tell the truth and to cause thus a pain or to smile, knowing thus, that you have told not the truth.... I do not know Likely the person should act so it feels it. If you know, that that can that to happen then it is necessary to think. Sometimes there are such situations when it is better than boxes than the truth

EVERY MAN TO HIS TASTE

satan123

satan123

Supreme ruler of HELL

i'd prefer truth.....it is better as sweet language may doom us.....

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.