Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Does Anyone Bother To Pay Any Attention To You? - Minitokyo

Does Anyone Bother To Pay Any Attention To You?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Does anyone bother to take the time to ever pay attention or even listen to you?

Back in the day, my mother used to be quite ignorant with me many years ago when she was completely stressed out from work, and entirely busy from time to time. I can somewhat relate to that.

To end things quickly - of course, despite both of us being busy, we seem to be fine now, and we try to find some free time to get to talk to each other through all means of possible communications virtually almost every single day over here, so all is well.

===============================

Ultimately, do you know a person from within your family, your school, and / or your workplace who clearly does not wish to bother to listen to you at all, and would you even care?

Do you find being ignored, very annoying at times - that you wish to catch their attention somehow or resort to even fighting back?

Also, do you sometimes feel as if you are being ignored by somebody you know about, even when you least suspect it?

And finally, do you believe that by not bothering to listen to certain people that you clearly wish to avoid over here - a good thing to necessarily use, nonetheless?

[Don't attack anyone from around the community here personally though, please.] Thank you for your responses.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

aeiifreakazoid123

aeiifreakazoid123

Obey the 10-year-old teacher!

Ya my mom is like that. When me and my mom argue, I try to make a statement and then she interupts me and tells me her opinion. I know the point in an arguement is to get an advantage, it's just that it's very rude to interupt.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

saki's family matters are weird and complicated .. ==;; and it's not one of those lies that ppl make to attract attention .......
but being the babiiee of the family ... my family members listen to me ... but .... they don't at the same time ....

they listen ... but they dont really ..... listen listen .... they just listen to make me happy ... but they dont take it to heart ......

same with my friends and school ....

it's my personality to act like the youngest .. >.< but that doesnt mean that no one should listen to meee and understand meeee .. >.< it's annoying ....

me: " i think that the world sucks .. "
them: " ... awww .. do you want candy?"

==;;

oh .... we don't have to listen to everyone ...... that's okay .... like .. if you don't like someone's idea or something ... instead of listening to them and complaining .. just dont listen ...

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

Yeah, a lot of people tend to ignore me. I only have a few friends that I would be willing to let them know what's wrong or get their attention. There are some people I just don't really care anymore though. :\

lunacrystal

lunacrystal

Am I alive?

no not really but my secret is if you annoy them they will listen! :o

this happens to me a lot. i kno why, but i dun mind. im screwed anyway

loner7148

loner7148

evil intent

i get all the attention i ask for... key word is ask... ... ...

~abashed, the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is~

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

This doesn't happen to me, but this happens to ppl in my class though. Like today, a student A was misbehaving, then the teacher told student A to go the counselor. Later the teacher told student B to go also. Then student B was arguing with the teach saying he didn't even talk, but the teacher wouldn't listen to student B. This happens all the time in my class.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

streamside

streamside

deranged.

Quote by CelessaSo ultimately, do you know a person from within your family, your school, and / or your workplace who clearly does not wish to bother to listen to you at all, and would you even care?

No... but there are times when my friends tend to ignore me when I'm speaking - it's either when they're laughing out loud or daydreaming during History class.

Quote by Celessa
Do you find being ignored, very annoying at times?

Hell yeah.

Quote by Celessa
Do you sometimes feel as if you are being ignored, even when you least suspect it?

um... not really...

Quote by Celessa
And finally, do you think that not bothering to listen to certain people that you wish to avoid - a good thing, nonetheless?

Um... I really can't say so, because I don't avoid people, people avoid me! mwahahaha joke... Seriosly... well... a person I'm trying to avoid... hmm... if he's got a voice like one hell of a sound system, if he's talking, it would be hard not to hear it, ne?

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu

"A journey of a thousand miles...
is better in a car."

My mom basically raised my lil brother & I by herself, so she had a lot on her hands. She paid enough attention to both of us though, so I'm in no position to complain whatsoever. We used to tell her so much useless crap, I would stop listening every once in a while too XD So yeah, people usually listen to me. Not sure why, cause half of the stuff that comes out of my mouth is random :sweat:

Be Free and Masturbate

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

my parents and grandparents always listen to me. Sometimes people in my class don't listen to what I have to say. I know my art teacher feels that way. Sometimes she says something, and the students don't listen to her, and she says, " I feel like I'm talkng to myself." But usually people listen to what I say.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

arcxero

arcxero

Cast In The Name Of God.

I used to be ignored by most of the people I interacted with IRL and it used to bother me quite a bit. Nowadays, I really just don't care.

To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.

Growing up, I was ignored a lot. My parents were always working. My sister was so busy with her friends and my brother was to young to talk to. I hated it. It is not a great feeling. Today, we all have a great relationship with each other.

Signature Image

* : )

angel16

Angel of Beauty

Well it also happened to me in the family, my mother sometimes ignore me thats why i h\just go to my friends for they are the people who i am sure will not ignore me... But that doesnt mean that i hate my mother for that I just try to understand her for a lot of reasons.

Signature
Dont be Afraid, Im your Angel...

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

well people only listen when they're hearing good points XD
People tend to ignore just because they don't agree about it .
so can't really blame them for not listening >.<

thelunarmage

thelunarmage

I'm getting too old for this...

Quote by Celessa
So ultimately, do you know a person from within your family, your
school, and / or your workplace who clearly does not wish to bother to
listen to you at all, and would you even care?

Only my little sister, but she has great reasons for not wanting to listen to me. I can be very annoying to her by my own admission. However I do care that she occassionally ignores me because she's my favourite sister.

Quote by Celessa
Do you find being ignored, very annoying at times - that you wish to
fight back?

Depends. If I'm in the mood to annoy the heck out of my sister I'll fight back by bothering her until she gets all shouty on me.

Quote by Celessa
Do you sometimes feel as if you are being ignored by someone, even when
you least suspect it?

Sometimes. My friends might be off in another world when I occassionally chat to them, which can be annoying since they'll ask me something that I just gave them the answer to.

Quote by Celessa
And finally, do you think that not bothering to listen to certain
people that you wish to avoid - a good thing nonetheless, here?

Another depends. I think of it as a hopefully subtle and gentle way to let someone know that I don't want to associate with them, but it can still be hurtful doing it this way. If I have enough courage to, I might simply tell them that I need to be somewhere else and walk away.

Sometimes being ignored can be a wonderful bliss, especially at work. Being left alone to do your work means less distractions and not having to explain yourself to others or held accountable for every facet of your work. Well, just my humble thoughts on it anyway.

Phantom: You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now, the music of the night! - The Phantom of the Opera

Proud member of: Oldsters |MegatokyoFC | GameThreadSociety | Goddess-Fanclub | Dub-Lovers-Group | ChrnoCrusade | MT-Singles-Club | Minitokyo-Australia

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

I have been ignored before but only when i constantly nag people haahha j/k but seriously if i am doing something to be ignored i must have been doing something to deserve it, i call it like i see it. If i am bothering a person just say it y ignore a person when u can just tell the person they bother u and stop doing whatever they are doing so they can stop. If a family member is doing something to another member of my family they just say (tactful) hey can u quit it it's annoying or something along those lines best to be honest than ignore a person.

I don't think i am being ignored and if i am what can i say but whatever floats your boat i guess ahaahha.

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

"And finally, do you believe that by not bothering to listen to certain people that you wish to avoid - a good tactic to use over here, nonetheless?"

^I use this. It's bad, you should deal with things and people who bother you head on but, if its just them ignoring me ... Who needs them.

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

Ace7388

Ace7388

Pervert

Most people are paying attention to me when I talk, usually I get pretty loud when I'm in my close-knit of friends, but I also don't talk much. I talk when I have to say something important. The only times I find me being ignored is when I'm trying to interrupt a conversation between two of my other friends.

Signature

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Yeah Most Ppl Listen To Me When I Talk..... At Sum Otha Times They Don't

But after My Mum Get's Home From Work I Wouldn't Dare Try To Talk or Even Say A Word

Lenne

Lenne

Warrior Girl

My father is like that somtimes,and sometimes my friends are like that to.But mostly I get the attention. :)

Signature
My latest work:Best Friends

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

My dad doesn't listen to what anyone has to say, even if he has the wrong idea about some situation. It's like talking to a fzcking rock.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

Friends-wise, yea they listen pretty well. But they say when I get "philosophical" they tune me out (it happens so many times) But I think it's because they never really get what I'm trying to say, because I speak so metaphorically. Sometimes, I really can't help doing that because I'm a writer and when I speak, I speak as if I'm writing a story or a poem but that's off the subject.

My mom, never listens to me. Sometimes, she'll listen but when she gets really pissed, she doesn't pay attention at all and worst, she blames everything on me and I hate it so much. Like, I try to give her encouraging words, and she just drowns me out, almost like shutting the door in my face, which is something I've gotten used too...

I think my co-workers are about the only people who listen to my ideas, why? Because they actually care to hear everyone!! They're about the only ones (outside of my friends) who really know that I can have good ideas!! Yea sometimes, they annoy me but, it's really good that they listen to me and what I have to say, as oppose to just shutting me out.

I actually, really don't care if anyone listens or not, because I tell people things for their benefit, not for my damn health. If they don't listen, it's on them when something goes wrong. I try to be the best person and listen to everyone else but I don't get the same gratitude...it's ok though, because I won't be like my mom, or my friends (at sometimes ^^). I'll always help and listen to others.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

me? well...i'm usually being ignored or something. my mum ignores me sometimes, but more often not. it's the classmates that's doing all the ignoring :sweat:

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.