Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Reasons to stop watching GSD after 28 (MAJOR SPOILERS) - Minitokyo

Reasons to stop watching GSD after 28 (MAJOR SPOILERS)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Cheapo

56K Lagger

When my friend told me that i shouldn't stop watching it becuase of one gundam, i've compiled a list of reasons for him. If anyone can give me good reasons to continue watching, please post!!

Reasons to stop watching Gundam Seed Destiny after ep. 28:

----->SAVIOUR GOT TURNED INTO A CUBE!! <------ (i find that enough of a reason to stop, but...)
Shinn is still alive
Shinn went SEED mode and still CANNOT touch the freedom driven by UNSEEDED kira (if shinn can't touch him in SEED mode, how will shinn EVER defeat kira??)
Jonas is still alive
The Orb's carrier ship got sunk
The Orb's captain got killed by shinn
Auel died (abyss was a good gundam)
Lacus goes away
Cagalli cries half the ep.
Lunamaria got totalled
Fragmentation missiles which almost destoryed the Minerva only got fired once.
Athrun being totally helpless for yet another ep.
Athrun got cubed while shinn somehow manages to blow up like 3 Orb ships and the carrier.

I think that's more than enough reasons to stop at 28.... oh, someone please post to me if anything good happens, like Athrun getting a new gundam that looks as cool or better than saviour, ------>SHINN DYING<------, Everyone goes to space and have lots of battles, or Cagalli going back to Orb and go neutral again.

~anime is my food~

raxis

raxis

+kusuha 4ever+

Quote by CheapoShinn went SEED mode and still cannot touch the freedom driven by
UNSEEDED kira (if shinn can't touch him in SEED mode, how will shinn
EVER defeat kira??)I think that's more than enough reasons to stop at 28.... oh, someone
please post to me if anything good happens, like Athrun getting a new
gundam that looks as cool or better than saviour

i think shinn-destiny(seed mode : on) >> kira-freedom(seed mode : off) XD
asuran's new gdm : infinite justice
kira's new gdm : strike freedom!! :D

Now that's just going too far.....sure a whole bunch of dissapointing stuff happened (especially concerning Lunamaria's marksmanship skills) but that's no reason at all to stop watching this series. As far as rumors go, Athrun probably won't get a new gundam, but episode 30 will most likely show Shinn getting owned by Kira....and we all know he's going to get the Destiny gundam afterwards. Anyhow....we'll just see what happens

Cheapo

56K Lagger

hey, i'll watch ep 30 just for the sake of putting the shinn getting wasted part on repeat and watch it over and over again, other than that, i'll stop right here!!

~anime is my food~

Claude

15th Division Taichou

well fonzie and cheapo, athrun DOES get a new gundam! it's Knight Justice which is both better AND cooler than Saviour! ..though i hav no idea when he will get it :nya:

The series has passed the halfway mark and personally it's getting better wit each episode!
i personally loved episode 28 as kira pwned athrun (since athrun was acting like a stupid shinn-style-thinking person for the last few eps which kinda pissed me off especially how he treated cagalli durng their secret meeting together wit kira and milly <forgive me athrun fans! XO> ) i tot it was fitting to let athrun think over about his recent actions by disabling him from further action.

Fear my Zanpaku-to, 'Rengeki'!!

If i'm dodging, i won't let him cut me
If i'm protecting someone, i won't let her die
And if i'm attacking, I'll cut you!!

- Kurosaki Ichigo, Bleach

raxis

raxis

+kusuha 4ever+

Quote by Claudewell fonzie and cheapo, athrun DOES get a new gundam! it's Knight
Justice which is both better AND cooler than Saviour!

The official site updated with new official names for the new Freedom and Justice : Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice
http://www.gundam-seed-d.net/mechanics/main5.html

Claude

15th Division Taichou

gack, ure fast raxis-san!
thx for the info update! :D

Cheapo

56K Lagger

hey, is infinite justice the gundam in the OP?? i saw a trianglur flying thing in space so i thought it mighta been a new gundam or something.

~anime is my food~

reasons to continue watching:
shinn's alive and kicking *** and will hopefully kill kira

about shinn vs kira:

kira was in freedom, in HiMAT mode, it would have to have better maneuvrability, hence dodge shinn's attack. Shinn was in blast impulse (not for close range), hovering upside down above water, moving backwards. He is in a very difficult position to mount a counter attack against Kira.

plus, you're basing all this on ONE javelin swipe.

This is turning out to be just like Gundam SEED....only a few eps quicker.....and what could Kira possibly do to deserve a new gundam?

Haven't seen Destiny yet so what's this? Is Kira evil now? Who is the bad guy?

Btw, what do you mean Lacus goes away? They've broken up?

raxis

raxis

+kusuha 4ever+

Quote by Cheapohey, is infinite justice the gundam in the OP?? i saw a trianglur
flying thing in space so i thought it mighta been a new gundam or
something.

flying thing in space??
http://img181.echo.cx/img181/3295/f057a8706kq.gif
it's shinn's new gdm, destiny :)

Cheapo

56K Lagger

a few, he took a few sweeps. 2. he was using a javelin (close enough??) He sucks if he can't get in a better position for a more effective attack, ON SEED MODE i might add. i mean he did fine against abyss, and Athrun had to make Kira block. That clearly states how much shinn sucks at driving his gundam. after having watched the originial seed, Kira and Athrun has a much better seed mode where they can act rationally and fly their gundams properly. eg. the freedom vs providence, in seed mode, kira manages to fly up and destory the providence with a broken freedom, by that a freedom with many parts missing.

-edit- raxis, it's in the part after that, approx, 3 scenes after, when the zaft gundams all fly off into space and u get a trianglur one left in the foreground on the right hand side.

~anime is my food~

Claude

15th Division Taichou

mind posting a picture? i've rewatched the OP and i didnt catch a glimpse of Infinite Justice

Cheapo

56K Lagger

sorry i don't know how to take screenshots...sorry!

~anime is my food~

Quote by Cheaposorry i don't know how to take screenshots...sorry!

If you have DVD, the software you're using ought to have a screen capture.

Otherwise, pause the action (w/ Pause button), press PrtSc button on your keyboard, open MS Paint and paste. This may or may not work,

Btw, is someone going to answer my question above?

Cheapo

56K Lagger

well.... i got it in my photoshop atm, but it acts strangely.... i can't cut and paste it nor can i resize it.....

No, kira is not evil, the bad guy is still the blue cosmos and lacus ran off into space again leaving kira on earth.

~anime is my food~

Claude

15th Division Taichou

Quote by volrath77Haven't seen Destiny yet so what's this? Is Kira evil now? Who is the bad guy?

Btw, what do you mean Lacus goes away? They've broken up?

alrite, here goes
Kira is the epitome of goodness (trying to stop fights)
the bad guy? stil unclear but for now the Blue Cosmos leader Djibril
Lacus and Kira didnt break up, Lacus simply went back to Plant to investigate wat's goin on there

Besa

Abyss

You shouldn't complain that much,really I'm disappointed in some parts of GSD,
especially since Auel died >=( ,but that's no reason to stop watching GSD.

Signature Image

@ Claude & Cheapo:

Hey guys, thanks for the info. I haven't watched GSD yet because I want to watch all 50 in single sitting (I'm waiting until the boxed set DVD comes out). I did that with SEED - yeah, watched all 50 eps. in 1 marathon session. Whooo....that was tiring but worth it.

Anyway, I digress. Thanks again guys! :D

Cheapo

56K Lagger

gahh, all i know is that it's within the last 10 seconds of the OP, after you get the flash of toomi, then you get the destiny flying, then you get chartacter fade in, and finally the gundam scene, on the right hand side.... maybe different version??

i'm not disappointed in SOME parts, i'm disappointed in MANY parts......especially since saviour got turned into a cube....

~anime is my food~

Claude

15th Division Taichou

Quote by volrath77@ Claude &amp; Cheapo: Hey guys, thanks for the info. I haven't watched
GSD yet because I want to watch all 50 in single sitting (I'm waiting
until the boxed set DVD comes out). I did that with SEED - yeah,
watched all 50 eps. in 1 marathon session. Whooo....that was tiring but
worth it.
Anyway, I digress. Thanks again guys! :D

oooo...i did the same wit gundam seed too! feels great wtachin it like tat cuz u dun hav tat annoying anticipation for the next 20 mins of GSD which will only occur in the next 7 days :D

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

Why stop? c'mon, They're going to get new gundams, and the story becomes more interesting..

Pride comes before the fall

destati

Yuusha-Oh

Quote by CheapoReasons to stop watching Gundam Seed Destiny after ep. 28:
----->SAVIOUR GOT turned INTO A cube!! <------ (i find that
enough of a reason to stop, but...)

Irrelevant. Everyone knows Athrun's going to get a new gundam anyway, and Saviour will live on in model kits. It'll almost certainly be repaired by the end of the series anyway.

Quote: Shinn is still alive

He's the main character! He's not going to die until the end of the series, and probably won't die at all.

Quote: Shinn went SEED mode and still cannot touch the freedom driven by
UNSEEDED kira (if shinn can't touch him in SEED mode, how will shinn
EVER defeat kira??)

Freedom >>>> Impulse. Seed Shinn <= non seed Kira. Not that hard. And this is the first time that anybody has dodged one of Kira's attacks in the series. That's pretty damn good.

Quote: Jonas is still alive

Which gives him time to change. Hopefully, Todaka's last words will make him realize what the right course of action is.

Quote: The Orb's carrier ship got sunk

All the personel from the Takemikazuchi are going to the Archangel, which sets the stage for a military coup in Orb.

Quote: The Orb's captain got killed by shinn

Shinn killing the person who was kindest to him after he lost his family is ironic. He's become what Athrun warned him about: a destroyer. This'll probably come back later, and he'll realize his mistakes and change for the better.

Quote: Auel died (abyss was a good gundam)

Gundam is built around war. People die in wars. Deal with it.

Quote: Lacus goes away

No, she went to PLANT. If you think she's not going to play a major role anymore, you're crazy.

Quote: Cagalli cries half the ep.

Everything she tried to prevent happened. Her countrymen are fighting in a war that contradicts all of Orb's ideals. No matter how hard she tries, she can't get them to stop. Her boyfriend is on the other side shooting down her countrymen. I'd be pretty down too.

Quote: Lunamaria got totalled

Zakus are MP suits. And you see quite clearly in the ep. 30 preview that she's fine.

Quote: Fragmentation missiles which almost destoryed the Minerva only got fired once.

Maybe they only had enough ammo for one volley. And what the hell does this have to do with dropping the show?

Quote: Athrun being totally helpless for yet another ep.

He's fighting fricking KIRA in fricking freedom. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. Furthermore, he's undecided about having to fight Orb, as you can clearly see when he flashes back to his not wanting to fight Orb scene.

Quote: Athrun got cubed while shinn somehow manages to blow up like 3 Orb ships and
the carrier.

Again, he's fighting KIRA in freedom with the vastly inferior Saviour. Shinn is fighting...Auel for half the episode, then grunts, then beating on ships that can't even hurt him. Do you know how superior Kira in Freedom is to everything Shinn fights? Sting in Chaos, the best pilot of the EA trio, gets taken down in one attack. Yeah, it's REAL surprising that Shinn scored more kills.

Quote by Cheapoa few, he took a few sweeps. 2. he was using a javelin (close enough??)
He sucks if he can't get in a better position for a more effective
attack, ON SEED MODE i might add. i mean he did fine against abyss, and
Athrun had to make Kira block. That clearly states how much shinn sucks
at driving his gundam. after having watched the originial seed, Kira
and Athrun has a much better seed mode where they can act rationally
and fly their gundams properly. eg. the freedom vs providence, in seed
mode, kira manages to fly up and destory the providence with a broken
freedom, by that a freedom with many parts missing.

Kira attacked Shinn ONCE and missed. Shinn attacked Kira ONCE and missed. The only reason Kira blocked against Athrun was that he didn't want to fight his BEST friend. When he got serious, Athrun was screwed. I fail to see how being the first pilot to dodge one of Kira's attacks shows that Shinn is a crappy pilot.

Quote by Cheapoit's in the part after that, approx, 3 scenes after, when the zaft gundams
all fly off into space and u get a trianglur one left in the foreground
on the right hand side.

This shot?

http://img79.echo.cx/my.php?image=bscap0000qt.jpg

The one on the left is Saviour. From the left, it's Saviour, Luna's Zaku, Impulse, and Rey's Zaku.

You can see Infinite Justice behind Athrun in the scene before that, with Athrun surrounded by girls.

Quote by Cheaposorry i don't know how to take screenshots...sorry!

Download BSPlayer. Hitting 'p' takes screenshots.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.