Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Vectors Lately... - Minitokyo

Vectors Lately...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

I'd write this on all the vectors I've seen lately, but some people would consider it spam so I'll post it here.

I am so impressed with the vectors that have been uploaded recently. Some of them look so much like the original art it's scary. I am so pleased with the amount of talent we have on Minitokyo, and I would like to encourage people to keep up the good work :D It's looking great!

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Thanks Nuri! XD
Yeah, everyone's been taking a stab at vectoring and turning out to be really good at it. You're good at it too.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Only a month or so before I get my hands on Illustrator and I can have a bash too XD .
*strokes Saiyuki scan to be used*

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

ultimate540

ultimate540

Innocence Fleeting

I've never tried illustrator....I'm guessing it takes a bit of time (understatement I'm sure) to get used to it and actually turn out something worthwhile...

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

hear Nuri ^^ congrats to all amazing vector artists who are submitting their hq work here :]

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Hmmm... my thoughts on this :
vectors become popular these days because it produces super high-quality images to be made into a wallpaper, or for other purposes such as custom posters, wallscrolls, etc. Sometimes it can be wayy much better than the original scanned material...

I myself doing vectors because sometimes screenshots can look good as wallpaper material :D
Yeah, and if the original artist doesn't issue the original artwork for that pose and/or composition, we might as well make it ourselves... lol...

oh, and a tip from me to all who wants to do vectoring : you can also use Photoshop to make vectors... although... yes... it wouldn't be as good (and crisp) as Illustrator, but if you do it properly, it will produce similar result... I think it's easier in some way... ^_^'

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Thank you very much. :) Although I submitted one vector so far, I do have another one coming. Next time, however, I will post a link to the original scan.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Minitokyo scared people away from my latest vector with the horrible thumbail. :(
But your right, I've been seeing some amazing vectors from members here. Such high quility. ^_^

KEEP UP THE awesome STUFF!

Signature

destati

Yuusha-Oh

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is a vector?

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Well i just have 3 vectors on my gallery,and each time i learn something new thanx to the comments,im using Photoshop cause when i try to use the Illustrator,i just went crazy cause there is a difference between those programs.

And i agree with KorganoS,sometimes u can find a good wall material from a screenshot or a scan that have a bad quality,so for that,u can make a vector for it,is the twice of work,but when u see the final result,that hard job is all worthy.

K I R A B O S H I !

irix

irix

quam sidera multa, cum tacet nox

Quote by KorganoSHmmm... my thoughts on this :
vectors become popular these days because it produces super
high-quality images to be made into a wallpaper, or for other purposes
such as custom posters, wallscrolls, etc. Sometimes it can be wayy much
better than the original scanned material...
I myself doing vectors because sometimes screenshots can look good as
wallpaper material :D
Yeah, and if the original artist doesn't issue the original artwork for
that pose and/or composition, we might as well make it ourselves...
lol...
oh, and a tip from me to all who wants to do vectoring : you can also
use Photoshop to make vectors... although... yes... it wouldn't be as
good (and crisp) as Illustrator, but if you do it properly, it will
produce similar result... I think it's easier in some way... ^_^'

yeah, when you didn't have any good material scanned or maybe you don't have a clear image you only can do a vector... for me it's more easy use the pen tool in Illustrator than in Photoshop for the artline, but it's more easy put the colors with photoshop... ^^
...and yeah, there's many people with talent in this type of works! keep the good working!!! XD

ayanechan

ayanechan

- lost existence -

myu~! vectors! i have noooo idea on how to do vectors in illustrator :X but i intend to learn soon. vectoring can widen your walling materials :3 some screenies are really nice and would be great to capture it's essence with good quality to boot ^.~

Signature

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

lol, I thought you were going to rant about them not being good enough XD
well personally I think there's way too many, and the vector category should be part of the doujin-wall-abstract-scans, not the series :/

PANDAgirl

PANDAgirl

LURK.er

Vectors...it's cool and stuff, but sometimes I don't think they should be in the doujinshi section for some reason O_o But that's just me, I shouldn't say anymore ^^; Cuz if I do, something always happens.

BTW, I think vectors are cheap ways to get leveled up ;___; I mean, what ever happened to your own, original work? But who am I to complain O_o I vector as well, I just don't submit them.

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by candy-chanlol, I thought you were going to rant about them not being good enough
XD

my thoughts exactly >_<

anyway, yeah, I've seen so many vectot lately and most of em are done quite very nicely. and I personally like vector since they can look alot better than any scans. ^_^

Kazuya-chan

Kazuya-chan

Mourner Melody

thanks Nuriko-chan , anyway , next time i will post the link to the original scan , and i will keep it up...

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

Hmm, I never really looked into the vectors images.... ^_^'
Guess right now it good time to start as any. (Maybe I should get into it too....)

Learning little by little.
Signature

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Yeah I haven't uploaded any vectors yet but I might. Usually I vector the pic then wall them. In fact Im spending more time vectoring...I guess it's fun and interesting. Im very influenced by the Vector Diva Tama Neko. XD

Quote by ded113Im very influenced by the Vector Diva Tama Neko. XD

Hehehe~ totally. XD The first few vectors I ever saw (well.. make that the first few dozen..) were by her. ;) Inspirational, to be true. ^_^' <-is slow. I haven't technically vectored yet, per se, but like Korgie and Rsk, I use the Photoshop pen tool a lot (but for me, it's regular colouring). *cheers to nuri and everyone else* XD Here's to fine art and a high-quality future!

melfice

melfice

Dark

Thinking carefully... almost all the gallery items i have posted are original vectors of mine (yes, they were vectorial pictures before they were painted). I'm glad there are so much talented artists here also so, thanks Nuriko (for the part which touches me...) and also i'd like to encuourage people to post more vectors, and original ones, like mines!

Signature

Angelette

Angelette

[Q^_^]-O

tama-sama!! xD Vector queen O_O xD You can't get better than her...

Signature

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

Quote by PANDAgirlVectors...it's cool and stuff, but sometimes I don't think they should
be in the doujinshi section for some reason O_o But that's just me, I
shouldn't say anymore ^^; Cuz if I do, something always happens.
BTW, I think vectors are cheap ways to get leveled up ;___; I mean,
what ever happened to your own, original work? But who am I to complain
O_o I vector as well, I just don't submit them.

I only agree with the first part of this post, being that Vectors shouldn't be a part or subcatagory of "Doujinshi".

The second part I take personal offense to, as I have worked very hard on my best Vector piece (and still will be working to on it), my Yohko Yamamoto vector. It's not like I can work on this when I'm not in the mood, or have no free time because of work. It's currently ranked #4 most favorite submitted item in my gallery and took a heck of a lot more time and effort to do than the 3 scans ranked ahead of it.

I guess I'm just a little frustrated that scans that took maybe a minute or so to make the digital file of get more recognition than personal works or vectors that take a heck of a lot more time, effort and concentration.

edit later: Sorry. Didn't mean to lower moral of this thread. I do think it's a great thing that there are so many people are trying their hand at vectoring and asking for other's advice. That's one of the best things I like at MT.

melfice

melfice

Dark

Maybe it would be wise to create a category for them, isn't it? though is hard to tell when an image is a vector or not... ^^U

Signature

^_^'
Aha... Last I heard, the Vector Category set up shop months ago. Wah, I agree with KorganoS on the vectors being better than the scans. Just take a look at this one. I mean, wow!

Yeah, I also think that it shouldn't be under Doujinshi 'cause vectoring is just manipulation of the original material (just like in wallpapers! *heart*).

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.