Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 adwares...what do you use to get rid of them? - Minitokyo

adwares...what do you use to get rid of them?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

dMp

dMp

^___________^

it just came to my attention that my computer has been infected with many adwares. i'm planning to do a clean format and installation over. no matter what program i use to remove these ads they always come back.
anyone know a good program that can get rid of adwares for good?

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Spybot - http://security.kolla.de/
ad-aware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

run those two programs and it wil help get rid of most spyware, adware, and other malicious files =3

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

Yeah! I use ad-aware, nice program.

Earn money reading e-mails here

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Ad-aware actually gave me more problems than it solved.
Spybot is my favourite. :)

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

for some reason ad-aware doesn't quite work for me...i'll give spybot a shot

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used adaware and still had pop-ups and other crap. I'm trying spybot. thx

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

Spybot is probably more effective.. it's easier to use and oh so simple to update. However I always run both concurrently to make sure my computer is squeaky clean :P

Signature Image

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

I am using both and can't complain. So to solve your problem, considering you think formatting is a solution, turn the computer off and hire some guru to fix it.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

I use 4 programs: CWShredder, Hijackthis, Spybot Search and Destroy and Adaware. CWShredder makes sure there isn't anything to get in the way when your scanning wiht adawre and spybot. Hijackthis gets rid of stuff in your browser such as searchbars and crap. And run adaware and spybot to get rid of the rest. I used those 4 to get rid of a lot of crap.

You could try using a different web browser like firefox and disable everything in IE and max out its security settings. I did that a while back and I haven't gotten any spyware/adware for quite some time. I belive it has a lot to do with the security problems that internet explorer has, mainly activex. I can still go everywhere I need to with fiirefox and it has some nice features that IE doesn't.

Ad-aware and Spybot...

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

I just use my Slackware distro, and I never have problems with adware.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

dMp

dMp

^___________^

lol...i've been using spybot and adware....and it seems that they couldn't get rid of this adware for good. as soon as i launch IE the adware is automatically detected and found again. it never goes away. i even went to the registry and changed the value and it still changes back. i even deleted the entry in the registry and it still comes back. i don't know what the heck is going on with this one. it gets really annoying when these stupid pop-up ads opens up to tell you that you are infected with spyware/adware repeatedly.

Vequinox

Vequinox

Funkalicious

Hey, dMp, I had a similar problem once, so I went to some forums and they helped me out: http://forums.spywareinfo.com/
Good luck!

fenrir00

fenrir00

Random Otaku

I used spybot, but its not updating anymore for some really odd reason. I'm going to have to use some of these other progs myself to see if I can't fix my own 'puter.

If only we forever had the chance for another day...

Then the pain from the past will fade away.....

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

use adware and make sure u got teh teh most recent updates for it

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

I have Ad-Aware but rarely get the chance to use it. That's because there are no spyware on my PC.

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

yeah if you use adaware, try to update it every time you use it so you have the most current searchlist

then it's awesome ^_^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Spybot, i agree. It works wonders and what's more it's free and often updated

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

i use norton and ad-aware

I use ad-aware 6

i use Sygate and AVG

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i use adware and get latest update patch before scanning, and that seems to get the job done...although there are some spyware that's undetectable or is able to reinstall itself after every clean...my friend has a spyware called "profiles byte" that makes his homepage profilesbyte.com and changes his aim profle everytime he uses aim...he tried everything and it doesnt seem to work, so god damn those stupid ass companies >_<

wow... thank u.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.