Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 anyone get sleep paralysis? - Minitokyo

anyone get sleep paralysis?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

'sleep paralysis' might sound weird to people who've never heard of it.. it did to me when i first heard about it but there are people who become 'paralyzed' in their sleep. It never happened to me before, but apparently you can see everything around you but u cant move or talk, and i hear sometimes it feels like you're being pushed into the bed or lifted into the air, etc..
it seems like a frightening experience. some people i know have had some SCARY experiences with sleep paralysis. Sometimes people see those who've died already, some don't see anything, some see ghosts.. its quite fascinating to hear ^^

I'm just curious as to whether if you've had these kinds of experiences, and what it's like.

great now im going to have trouble falling asleep later after thinking up these scary sleep paralysis stories.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

In the past, yes. I don't do that anymore though. It freaked me out when I was little however...

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

I had it happen once when I was younger and it was a rather disturbing experience. It only lasted a few seconds but it felt like a lot longer.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

reallie now O_o neva had those xperience, dun think i wun too thou. does sleeping while feeling urself falling down count? i had dat xperience once while sleeping and it waz kinda scary o__o;

Signature

rocknroll-isgo

rocknroll-isgo

Holy hole in a donut, Batman!

Actually I used to have that almost every night about a year ago. Just sort of went away after a while. It was like being awake, but drowsy. My eyes were closed so I couldn't see anything, but I could feel everything around me: the bed underneath me, covers atop, ect. And I had a strange numb/tingly feeling across my whole body. Also, it felt as if I couldn't breathe. No matter how hard I tried I could fully wake up. After a while, I would "break out" of it, I guess you could say, and sort of jolt out of bed --- like breaking free of chains or something.

Scary stuff... glad I don't suffer from them anymore. XP

Signature Image
{----------------------------------------------------------------{Antique.POP}

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by Starfirereallie now O_o neva had those xperience, dun think i wun too thou. does sleeping while feeling urself falling down count? i had dat xperience once while sleeping and it waz kinda scary o__o;

No, this is different. It's like being awake but not being able to get up. You sit for a small time in a daze before you realize that you are stuck. Then you try to get up but your body just won't respond right.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

outofphase

outofphase

Xenophile

yeah, it's happened to me a few times. it's really freaky because you get that feeling that there's something else there that's magically keeping you from moving, sometmes you even hear things. What weirds me out the most is trying to talk, because you can't. it might seem strange to a lot of people, but if you're with someone generally you might try and say something to them in that kind of a situation. you know, strange wraithe like abductors from another dimension, yeah, might want to tell your loved one to run or something ~_^.

Signature
www.outofphase.tk -Online Manga, Sketchbook Gallery, and how to Draw Tutorials

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

Quote by rocknroll-isgoActually I used to have that almost every night about a year ago. Just sort of went away after a while. It was like being awake, but drowsy. My eyes were closed so I couldn't see anything, but I could feel everything around me: the bed underneath me, covers atop, ect. And I had a strange numb/tingly feeling across my whole body. Also, it felt as if I couldn't breathe. No matter how hard I tried I could fully wake up. After a while, I would "break out" of it, I guess you could say, and sort of jolt out of bed --- like breaking free of chains or something.
Scary stuff... glad I don't suffer from them anymore. XP

Quote by outofphaseyeah, it's happened to me a few times. it's really freaky because you get that feeling that there's something else there that's magically keeping you from moving, sometmes you even hear things. What weirds me out the most is trying to talk, because you can't. it might seem strange to a lot of people, but if you're with someone generally you might try and say something to them in that kind of a situation. you know, strange wraithe like abductors from another dimension, yeah, might want to tell your loved one to run or something ~_^.

wow so people do get these things.. i have a friend that used to get sleep paralysis 3-4 times a week on average and would see these visions of people she knows or knew, or just devilish visions.. its just so freaky to hear but fascinating at the same time. at one point she would even get it when she'd fallen asleep sitting up. and another friend whose house is built on what used to be a graveyard and it happens to her a LOT. and im just gonna stop here cuz im scaring myself.
I wonder how these things happen though.

"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

cmkmstephens

cmkmstephens

ARrrrrrrggg!

I have that too, maybe once every couple of months, usually happens for a couple of nights in a row. Bloody Horrible.

Signature Image

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

I havent has this happen to myself, but there was a discussion about this on a forum I used to visit (Zophar's Message Domain). sounds like it can be scary, but if you know how to deal with it, then you can get through it without panicking too much.

Besa

Abyss

I have that,but not that often z__z

Signature Image

ohmygoshainuyasha

ohmygoshainuyasha

Don't make me think.

Hmmm... I'm not sure. It might have...

I have it. Yeah it's a little scary. Usually I do it when I having a bad dream.

Signature

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

wow I'm surprised that people keep reponsding saying that they've had this before.. it seems like the people I know who have it more often are still scared of getting sleep paralysis again. I would've thought that you somehow get used to it more over time..? but maybe not.

I used to get it a long time ago, but not anymore *thanks God*.

Thank God I'm not the only one who has gotten these things. The first time it happened to me was quite interesting. The first time I had my back to the door while lying down. Then I felt someone presence to the back of me. I wanted to turn around and see who it was but I couldn't. My whole body was numb and it started to get frightening. I couldn't even talk. Then something told me that if I turned around I was going to die. It was then that I herd a woman scream and that completely knocked me out so I went back to sleep ( I think she saved my life). The thing I notice was that it was morning but that was a friegtning experience for me. But that wasn't the only time it happened though cause it happened again (this time without the whole ghost thing) I couldn't move my body again and yet my eyes were wide openned. I tryed so hard and yet my body wouldn't even move. Then I tried calling for help as lound as possible but all that came out was a little squeak. Then I herd a woman scream again and I was once again knocked out. This happened about three more times (this time without the screaming) but still scared as hell feeling and then it eventually stopped.
But to anyone who hasn't had this experience, do not laugh, because its a very wierd and scary feeling.

In order to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. This is the first law of equivalent exchange

natsuki-hime

natsuki-hime

"There's no place like alone"

well no i dont have sleep paralysis at the moment, but before i did experience this, thnkfully i dont have it nemore.

Signature Image
A big ThankYou 2 k1ru 4 the sweet siggy here.

When I was younger, a lot. Now? Not at all. Used to freak me out until I got used to it, then it stopped.

Last time I almost suffered from that, I stayed calm, I simply decided to wake up and I woke up. I guess I'm starting to control that. Didn't experience a real case since.. well, quite a long time.
What I did notice is that it usually happens between 5 and 7 o' clock in the morning. And what's worse, it isn't the darkness that makes me have those kind of nightmares; it's the light! Moonlight or sunlight. They both give me nightmares in the morning.

Finalzero0000

Ninja Commander

I am not sure if this counts but one time a saw a flash and for a few moments my body was locked in position for a few moments. I don't recall seeing anyone in my experience though. I was unsure if I was ever going to move again. I had to struggle in order to move parts of my body. Now I am back to normal. That was one crazy experience.

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

This condition started 5 years ago for me. I still suffer from it though it only been happening to me no more than 2 times a year and its always before the hours of dawn when I find myself waking up from this freaky experience. I would feel numb, can barely move and cannot speak. Strangely, I'm not scared. It only last about 30 seconds or less and then I go back to a peaceful sleep.

Signature

Oh is that what its called..yeh i have had that b4..it happened the night after my grandfather passed away..and no one had noticed he died O_o..anyways, i woke up coz i heard noises in my room..so i tried to move on my side coz i was unconformatble..but then i couldnt move and i could see wierd things in my vision (well it was at night so couldnt see much but then things in my room started to have outlines in either red or white)..so lay there for around 20secs not being able to move..my face felt pulled back..my ears where ringing...and then i prayed to god lol..im not religious or anything..but then i was able to move again...then next morning someone called our house and said my grandfather passed away..and mum thinks he had something to do with that.

\(^o^)/

This 'paralysis' occurs when you are in a deep sleep state. IIRC during deep sleep, the body itself shuts down, maintaining only vital functions like heartbeats, breathing, etc. Voluntary movement functions are hence not possible. So even if you were somehow awoken, you'd quickly find yourself unable to move - simply because the body is in 'off' mode. I have experienced the same thing once or twice too.

Everyone goes through a deep-sleep stage - but few are ever awoken from this slumber (and realising they were 'paralysed'). :D

Cheers!

p.s. What an old thread...

eveningsky

eveningsky

Blue Blooded Warrior

i had it.
it was about a year ago, i woke up and my fav song was on the radio, i was going to tape it but i couldnt move. i felt numb and kinda dry. i couldnt move at ALL!
it was really freaky, it wore off after the song finished about 2 minutes later.

I feel the tears pour down my face. I feel so alone, so out of place.
Is it always going to end this way?
When you can feel pain, you know that your alive. But what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.