Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New MT Skin Contest? - Minitokyo

New MT Skin Contest?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I realise it's not coming up to Summer everywhere, but I was thinking there could be a Summer inspired MT skin contest in the same way that there was a Winter one. Would be nice to have a warm feeling skin to look at :) .

I'd be happy to help out and wanted to know what the rest of you thought.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Asahi

Asahi

gone

mmh.. without me. its nothing for me... i am to busy for my own new skin so i am for mt too :nya: but maybe some people like the idea .. i am sure :)

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

it seems to be a good idea...since i know how to do skins know... :)

retire

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

a new skind design contest . that'll be interesting
maybe giving the options for members to change their fav type of skins.
eg: from specific anime , or style ^_^
that'll be cool i geuss.
Honestly I found the marble eyes girl we have now is a bit too much XD
and the white is nice but

adding extra options will make mt more interesting &^_^
u got my support here ^_^

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I thought it would be nice as we could maybe offer the new layout as extra incentive for lvl.50 or something. Just an idea :) .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

Argh.. XD And down here, it's coming up to winter. Just like last time. ^_^' It was like 40 degrees and I was skinning a winter thing... <lol> Personally, I'm slightly too busy with uni to skin. ^_^' But.. gah.. I really miss it. And a contest always sounds nice to my ears. XD

br3nna

The Orange One.

That sounds like fun ^_^ Unfortunately, I still have no idea how to make a skin... as you can see on my page it's all... weirdlike. ^^'' I downloaded the skin package, but... yeah. @_@

Makhan

Makhan

Eccentric Angel

No chance of me getting in, then... ::sigh:: XD Naahh, I just need some more practice and brushes. I've actually thought that minitokyo ought to have more than just the default browsing skin for a long time now, though I've never said anything. I remember the winter skin from when I first joined, that was pretty nice... It does get repetitive seeing the same... er... how did that one guy put it? "Big-headed anime gurl," or something like that, everyday, :lol:

Signature
New Wallpapers: Monochrome Etude
Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I'm sure there would be more skins, but if there were too many, the alternate ones would be less special :) .

Holt

Holt

pffft

I think most people are too busy with exams to concentrate on making good skins (I know I am) so maybe it should wait till the holidays :P
Nevertheless I think it's a great idea but how would people show their works?
And setting it as a thing for level 50+ will discourage artists below that level from taking part since they can't even use their own creations. I really think there shouldn't be a level minimum.

Signature Image

Nemontine89

Nemontine89

~Stoner~

Oooh, let's have a skin contest XD
It'll be a nice change instead of the plain blue one. I dunno, I think a change every season or two is a great idea. Maybe it'd be better to wait one more month so exams are over. Great idea tho, Aa-chan :D

Signature
	Image Woof? XD

THE-DARK-PRINCE

THE-DARK-PRINCE

Only God can judge me

Wooooow, I agree with your idea...
It's will be fun...
However, the problem that i don't no how to change my skins but maybe i will learn by time...

http://img40.echo.cx/img40/6132/untitled17sh.gif

..........(((~ If u have no past, u have no present and no future ~)))...........

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

No need for a contest. If you want a summer themed skin for the website then simply request one to be made and established into Minitokyo.
The "contest" which you and many have suggested is merely an excuse to get the themed skin up.
No need for a contest or a skin. If the skin looks bad, then they better include the option being able to change it to the regular ones.

Quote by Aa-chanmaybe offer the new layout as extra incentive for lvl.50 or something

Certainly not. This will simply mean more segregation between members. This discrimination will increased should one include more and more forms of parting levels. Consequently, more complaints shall arise about leaving out the minorities that cannot access such things.
I wouldn't want this discrimination like... "Me pro, you noob". Me high level, you noobie. I have more submissions and posts, you take a hike".

Sidetrack there. Hm...

...gomen

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I was just under the impression that it might be a nice thing to do as I gather the Winter contest was a success ^^ .

Kei-kun

Kei-kun

Loving Mizuho

Ah well, wouldn't hurt. I guess it would serve as more practise for those who want to waste more time on Photoshop. ^_^ hehehe... that is if they're not CG or designers. :P

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

Hey not a bad idea I like it. ^__^

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

The MT Xmas skin replaced the default userskin for all members, no matter if they were using the blue skin or white skin. Instead of that, adding winning skins (plural?) into the list of available skins seems to make more sense.
The other option that requires no contest at all is to allow our individual userpage skin to be our individual site skin as well, such as the system on AnimePaper's community.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Thanks for the reply, it clears up the way it worked last time.

As for the idea of using the userpage layout as the theme, that sounds like a good idea.

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

That sounds like a really fun idea. I would love to join. Maybe you can have a FEW winners...like maybe 3 so that we can have a choice for summer. :Þ

anji

anji

Retired waller

That contest sounds really cool. Maybe I would participate. :)
I'd like to have a new skin option. But like it was said it should be a skin available for everyone or at a low level.

Administrator of ~ French-Tribu

toru07

toru07

Guardian of the Deep Abyss

Wow.... mt skin contest!!! Too bad I cant join, I only have 2 weeks summer break and I already have plans including creating a new skin for my userpage. No time to create another one..... and the way I create skin is way hard, you don't even want to know how..... I dont even use photoshop or something like it because I dont have one. I'm not good at it either. :D

Signature

Ow! Ow! Ow! I think that's a great idea! So then everyone gets to look at a Summer Minitokyo!

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

New skin! Yea! though i daubt i will be mich use at creating one... it was hard enough to come up with one from my user page...

Signature
"Rules are there to make you think before you break them."

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Yeah, a new skin for the season wouldn't be bad at all.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.