Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New MT Skin Contest? - Minitokyo

New MT Skin Contest?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Tantaga

Tantaga

Will Eat Your Children

That would be nice. I wasn't able to particpate in the Winter design conest last time ... really wanted to though. I was expected a Spring design contest, but nothing happened. Waited a bit, still nothing. I've been wondering if they would ever do something like that again. So, maybe a Summer design contest would make up for the lack of any MT wide contest that have been absent for oh so long.

Signature Image

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Maybe Aa-chan wants a skin for every season.... and every holiday.... and every event.... sounds fun.

But I don't think I'm good enough to join in contests.

Signature

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

its really a sensible idea! i like the suggestion by Aa-chan. i support that **carries a banner of support**

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ayanechan

ayanechan

- lost existence -

sounds like a sugoii idea! :D *supports aa-chan* but i might not be free enough to join T.T well, if it's actually held, gluck to everyone on the contest :3

Signature

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I wouldn't mind it. I can't do customs yet (not high enough level and I don't know how XD ) so I think it would be nice to have a diff. skin. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

I really like the idea of another MT theme (2 is not enough! :-), but please, please, not such a high level! maybe somewhere between 15-30 would be good.

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

Quote by calisqoa new skind design contest . that'll be interesting
maybe giving the options for members to change their fav type of skins.
eg: from specific anime , or style ^_^
that'll be cool i geuss.
Honestly I found the marble eyes girl we have now is a bit too much XD
and the white is nice but

adding extra options will make mt more interesting &amp;^_^
u got my support here ^_^

Me too!!! 101% supports!!!!! ( cos i'm too lazy to build my own....)

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

sign me up ppl... that would be great!!
maybe this time there will be more response...
anyway cool idea Aa-chan! and congrats on the elite membership.. keep those comments going... I remember now making your first layout...

bucket-shot: i am really sorry *sings winterwonderland songs*

I like it...I wanna paritcipate!!!
Maybe my level will stand in the way :( .

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Skinners are gonna love this contest... maybe they can get more incentive.

Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Quote by Kei-kunNo need for a contest. If you want a summer themed skin for the website
then simply request one to be made and established into Minitokyo.
The "contest" which you and many have suggested is merely an excuse to
get the themed skin up.
No need for a contest or a skin. If the skin looks bad, then they
better include the option being able to change it to the regular ones.

Quote by Aa-chanmaybe offer the new layout as extra incentive for lvl.50
or something

Certainly not. This will simply mean more segregation between members.
This discrimination will increased should one include more and more
forms of parting levels. Consequently, more complaints shall arise
about leaving out the minorities that cannot access such things.
I wouldn't want this discrimination like... "Me pro, you noob". Me high
level, you noobie. I have more submissions and posts, you take a hike".
Sidetrack there. Hm...
...gomen

doing this will make other members work harder >.< "hopefully"
making a better mt community >.>

ozma255

ozma255

Vectorman!

That's a great idea, varity is not such a bad thing, 3 to 4 MT skins to choose would great I guess but making them available above a certain level is not such a good idea in my opinion. :)

Signature

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Quote by ozma255That's a great idea, varity is not such a bad thing, 3 to 4 MT skins to
choose would great I guess but making them available above a certain
level is not such a good idea in my opinion. :)

I know you may think I'm saying this because of my level, but it's a nice incentive for members to be active, knowing that they have something to aspire to. I think a certain level restriction is a good thing.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Ying

Ying

I'll Be Back!

That's an great idea Aa-chan! It would be fun to be able to change to a third maybe more colorful skin. I'd love to help out but got so much to do right now....Gomen ne.......-_-

Signature Image

Where there's Yin there's always Yang

lunacrystal

lunacrystal

Am I alive?

i would do it but...i dont know how to make a skin

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

WoW! \(^o^)/ It's a nice idea, Aa-chan! XD A new skin!! XD
I like to see a new skin with different colors. :)
*Supports too* :D

Well, honestly, I don't what skins is... ^_^' :sweat:

Signature
Member of: ~Make a friend~ ~Serenity~ ~Japanese~ ~FinalFantasyFans~
I'll see you all around, people! :D

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Quote by TimanaWell, honestly, I don't what skins is... ^_^' :sweat:

It's the background colours and pictures for the Minitokyo site itself. The default is a dark blue, and then when you reach lvl.35, you can use a white/silver one.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

The other problem with the contest is that nobody voted last time. Out of a userlist of some 50,000+ members, I don't think there were even 1,000 votes. Even if you only consider 10% of MT active (ie 5,000 users), that's less than 20% turnout!

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I didn't know that statistic and I'm not sure how you'd manage to get the number up. How was it advertised last year?

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by Aa-chanI thought it would be nice as we could maybe offer the new layout as extra incentive for lvl.50 or something. Just an idea :) .

GAHH! Lv 50?
i can't pull that off especially since i'm not able to make walls >.<

p.s. I barely broke the Lv 30 mark...

A MT skin contest sounds really fun, it would be great to see a summer layout during the summer since it's coming up for me soon.

Signature Image

charaznableamurorei

charaznableamurorei

patron saint of doujinshi

Heh, congrats, btw, Aa-chan, on the promotion! Oooo, 'couldn't resist helping out........!

Quote by Tama-NekoThe other problem with the contest is that nobody voted last
time
. Out of a userlist of some 50,000+ members, I don't think
there were even 1,000 votes. Even if you only consider 10% of MT active
(ie 5,000 users), that's less than 20% turnout!

... worse still for the MT Character Classes Contest... (*sigh...)

But anyway, maybe it should be all about the fun of making the art, and not much emphasis on whether people would vote or not, right?

Quote by calisqodoing this will make other members work harder &gt;.&lt; "hopefully" making a better mt community &gt;.&gt;

Oooooo! You know, based on a very quick read on http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10961/ ... last year's comp seemed to emphasized on individual talent/prowess/et al...

Can I suggest some guidelines (wooo, fast becoming a fav word of mine!) or rules or sorts for the proposed comp? So that the comp would not only highlight individual work, but collaborative effort (which means increasing participation levels among the membership?) Sorry, I'm kinda bored today, and forced to work on a Sunday....

Proposed Added Fun Guidelines:

(1) Team Concept of Entrants
Ummmm, what about for this comp, why not try involving more people by making the entrants enter the contest via teams? Ummm, like Team Cute-Girl-Leechers (for those into cute girls and stuff) and Team Bishies-or-Bust (for those who'd love their bishies! ^^) or Team Philosophical Poseurs (for those who want a more formal look on the skin)

Can I suggest the composition of the teams?

a. Skin Designer/s ---- of course, who would actually make the designs
b. Conceptualizer/s -- can be the skin designer/s herself, or some other MT member
c. Slogan/Caption Maker/s -- oooo! How about to involve the other MT non-artists, why don't they contribute to the team by suggesting a catchy short poem or caption to be placed on the skin? ^^^^^
d. Doujinshi/Abstract Artist --- oooo! Now this is tricky! How about making a rule that only abstract act or doujinshi art are to be used for the skin? So that that would involve not only the skin maker, but also other quarters of artists in MT who are practically being marginalized because of the popular taste thing? (emphasize doujinshi artists and abstract art artists... gomen for incoherence... I see boss' wife coming!

(2) No Use of Scans in Skin - Abstract Art and Doujinshi Only
Suggesting this, so that other Minitokyo artists who should deserve more recognition --- abstract artists and doujinshi -- can participate, kk?

Oooo! I'll try to contribute more stuff to this...... ^_^

Signature Image
Sig crafted by Yune of the MTSign-AvCrew! Based on artwork by Keough! Vamonos, MT artistes!

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Ooooh, plenty to read over here ^__^ . Thanks for dropping by chaz, it's much appreciated.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.