Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best Gundam Wing Pilot? - Minitokyo

Best Gundam Wing Pilot?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 76 total items

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Heero, the Lord of Explosions XD He tries to blow something up (as well as himself) how many times in that series?

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

BlackSun

The Melodies of the Battlefield

If being able to use a mobile suit in GW is the topic no question that each and everyone of the guys here including Zechs and Treiz are gifted. But if we were to break their attitude in utilizing the suits, I think Heero will place on top here are my in depth analysis on the pilots downsides.

Heero Yuy - not sociable (I like this attitude) and tends to act on his own without prior notice to superiors.
Chang Wu Fei - He's got too much soldiers pride that tend to work negatively for him. No matter how much training he has gone through, his immature self tend to overestimate his philosophy in life that ends up blowing in his face.
Trowa Barton - A lost soul searching for home that he found in a circus, He may be one of the craftiest when it comes to infiltration but deep down inside he yearns to belong in a society where war is not present. He even remarked "I've become nameless again"
Quatre R. Winner (I may be wrong here) His gentleness is a sign of weakness and at the same time concience of the whole Gundam Wing Pilots. His abused soul did led the way to Wing zero.
Duo Maxwell - aside from the fact the he is very noisy, he is one of the pilots that Act first and think later kind of guy. far too many times his decisions were contradicted by many.
Zechs - Two personalities? need I say more?
Treiz - I think he too has Wu Fei's problem but on a mature scale, but he has some points that are undeniably correct when it comes to the Arts of War.

There you go! I vote for Heero since his faults are somewhat minor when it comes to all of them. Sometime it's not how good you are, but how you make up for your short commings..

Heero Yuy!

I think for a proper analysis all information of the boys including that from Episode Zero must be analyzed and one must take into account their abilities outside the mobile suits. One can't base things on personality and not take into account the episode zero. Black Sun's reply from 2008 in that respect clearly also shows they'd not yet read episode Zero. Wufei wasn't meant to be the pilot for Shenlon and a lot of his behavior is tied directly to his past as described in episode zero. He was at age 14 married off to a woman he couldn't get along with well, but respected tremendously for her fighting spirit. In the end she died saving his life and TREIZE was indirectly responsible for her death and the attempt to destroy the people of L5 which led to Mei-ran's death. Taking that into account and the fact that Wufei is a scholar and not a fighter originally and he only took up the gundam and started fighting for justice that he until then never believed in AFTER Mei-ran died and the fact that SHE called herself Nataku and Wufei believes her soul to live in his mobile suit one can hardly claim he is immature when he never got the chance to be a child in the first place as is the same with Duo who grew up on the streets and never got to be a kid.

War killed everyone Duo loved and as such Duo who was only 6 and later 9 when these events had happened and he lost the people he considered his brother and parents respectively Duo has taken up the fight against war with the outlook only a child could have; that war is bad and that people who want war are therefor bad. Duo calls himself the god of death for the simple reason that everyone who comes close to him inevitably seems to end up dying. Duo's reasoning in this again is childish. The federation killed everyone at Maxwell church...Duo stole a suit from the federation there for to his child like logic Duo felt as per his own question in episode zero that he was responsible for their deaths. Duo has retained this child like logic through the episode Zero and was as such in the anime portrait as the loud and obnoxious one, but in truth if you read the manga you'll find that he simply reasons with the logic of a child. 'I believe in the god of death because I've never seen any miracles, but I did see lots of dead people.' as he said in his episode ZERO when asked by the church Father why he did not believe in God, but did in Shinigami the god of death. In that same way he dubs himself the god of death because he kills people. Duo fights street style and anything goes. His attitude is mostly just bolstering, because if your enemy gets mad he'll make mistakes and Duo knows how to take advantage of that just as much as Wufei did while facing Noin in series.

Heero is far more complex when you read his episode Zero. Heero does what he feels is the right thing to do. He was given the freedom by J to do so as per Episode Zero's later chapters which are harder to find online than the actual episode zero pilot backgrounds. Heero is in fact in the manga seen ready to shoot himself through the head as payment for taking the life of the little girl and her dog from Endless waltz's memory flash. J then gave him the choice to forget operation meteor and go to earth and do as he felt was right or go through with killing himself or follow the original operation meteor after all.

Quatre I imagine has to have the lousiest deal ever in terms of family. In Episode Zero he starts out a spoiled brat simply because he believes his father can just make more of him through test tubing and it's not until he meets the maguanac that he learns to have pride in his existence. However I believe this also stems from his lack of much love. 29 sisters and a father and no one ever told him his mother died giving birth to him. I doubt that went over well with his sisters and I can easily see them hating on him and causing his inferiority complex at the beginning of ZERO. This also to me is a reason why Quatre while griefing and under ZERO's influence reacted so violently especially when if you check the manga of gundam wing the death of Iria and of Quatre's father take on a whole different and much more painful meaning to him.

Zechs I believe doesn't have dual personality issues he simply just doesn't feel he deserves to be a royal of a peace loving family with all that blood on his hands.

Trowa, is simply a person trying to find his identity and doing the only thing he knows to do.

I believe however that who is best comes down to having them fight one another.

Heero, strength and stamina, but not much tactics. I think he'll end up losing to Duo and also to Quatre who are both more clever. Quatre with his tactics and Duo with his street wise fighting. I think Trowa will in the end burn out from all the moving about and when pitted against Wufei who as a master in martial arts can easily anticipate his moves I believe Wufei would win. I think in the end if Quatre is pitted against Duo he'll lose because Duo will move most unpredictably and in the end I believe the fight would come down to Wufei with his skill and patience, and Duo's street wise anything goes style with his unpredictability. If Wufei can fight long distance I think he might win if he acts fast and strikes true, but if he misses anything goes and if Duo gets in close range its over for sure. I think purely on fighting prowess that Duo will win because he will use any advantage he sees and anything can be a weapon for a street brat AND Duo knows how to punch people's buttons and get them aggravated meaning they'll start to fight sloppily.

My opinion is that all pilots are on an equal skill level, but in the end it comes down to wit and how well one predicts ones enemy which is why I know Duo will most likely get out on top with his wit and unpredictable fighting style.

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 76 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.