Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 girls wearing revealing/seductive clothing? - Minitokyo

girls wearing revealing/seductive clothing?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next » 221 total items

Quote by WildCArd7

Quote by fooblued

Quote by Kuzain
The double standard that a woman should be allowed to dress in a sexy
fashion and still be considered more than just a "place to stick it"?

Saying that women are at fault for rapes if they dress a certain way is
a double standard.

I completely agree!

LinearX, Sorry dude, you are going to lose this one.

totally agree

yes but dressing in a way society calls properly might reduce risks

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by unicorn2006When it comes down to it, isn't it basically to attract sexual attention..?

I wouldn't call it attracting sexual attention. They probably just want attention because they are afraid of approaching other guys themselves. These days, I generally don't pay much attention to what people wear, but as long as they are nice and fit my description of a good personality, then I will bear no animosity towards anyone.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by WildCArd7

It doesn't. Men rape to feel control over a woman (or another man), not because she's wearing a miniskirt.

LinearX, while it's true that society helps create a rapists, the difference between a rapist and a woman who dresses herself is that a rapist violates someone in one of the worst ways possible and the woman just dresses herself.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by WildCArd7
yes but dressing in a way society calls properly might reduce
risks

It doesn't. Men rape to feel control over a woman, not
because she's wearing a miniskirt.

of course were talking psycos, normal men wouldnt jeje i dont judge looks bu other people do some times there are limits that, u can break but they have consecuences like it or not

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by WildCArd7
risks

It doesn't. Men rape to feel control over a woman (or
another man), not because she's wearing a miniskirt.

Studies have actually shown that more women get raped in loose clothing because it is easier to take/rip off, and having hair pulled into a ponytail because it's easy to grab. So really women who are at the greatest risk aren't the ones dressing "sexy" but going out for a jog or dressed down.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I stated my position on rights and common law. It's okay to disagree with it, but I still think it's a double standard.. Let the law punish the sexual offenders, notify neighborhoods of their presence, etc... but you have to roll your eyes if a girl dresses like a hooker in a bad part of town. This also depends on if you're speaking on moral grounds or on the grounds of common law. No girl should be raped even if she ventures out in public naked. However, she might expect to be raped if she wanders into the ghetto like that.

Kuzain, it's hard to say why a sexual offender does what they do. Psychologists are still trying to figure them out. The worst is when they get off the hook on a plea of insanity. I think they know what they're doing and are responsible. However, I state the girl also knows what she is doing, and what it may increase the risk of.

Important to note is that most rape cases involve fully dressed women. Again, psychologists and law enforcement just isn't sure what triggers sexual offenders. However, skimpy clothy is basically proven to increase minor sexual harassment and unapproved sexual contact.

Quote by fooblued

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by WildCArd7
risks

Studies have actually shown that more women get raped in loose clothing
because it is easier to take/rip off, and having hair pulled into a
ponytail because it's easy to grab. So really women who are at the
greatest risk aren't the ones dressing "sexy" but going out for a jog
or dressed down.

R u saying that a Nun is more o posible victi, than a miniskirt user?

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by fooblued

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by WildCArd7
risks

Studies have actually shown that more women get raped in loose clothing because it is easier to take/rip off, and having hair pulled into a ponytail because it's easy to grab.

Those were actually just urban rumors that are partially propigated by the myth that sexy clothes cause rape.

Snopes.com is an urban myth website and I'm sure they have more information on this urban myth.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by WildCArd7

It doesn't. Men rape to feel control over a woman (or another man), not because she's wearing a miniskirt.

mm well yea I do think there's that control issue there, but also girls become victims because they're attractive. And these are the cases in whch the offender and the victim usually dont know each other. The cases where rapists want control usually involves two people that know each other.

Quote by melmachine18

Quote by unicorn2006When it comes down to it, isn't it basically to attract sexual attention..?

I wouldn't call it attracting sexual attention. They probably just want attention because they are afraid of approaching other guys themselves. These days, I generally don't pay much attention to what people wear, but as long as they are nice and fit my description of a good personality, then I will bear no animosity towards anyone.

i think this is giving too much credit to girls who dress seductively. they obviously know that it attracts attention.. and the whole point of being seductive all just points us in the direction of.. yes, sex. so i think it's possible to argue that girls dress like that implicitly knowing the sexual suggestions that follow it. and truthfully in my opinion, usually the girls that dress like that aren't the ones that are too shy to approach other guys

Quote by LinearXI stated my position on rights and common law. It's okay to disagree with it, but I still think it's a double standard.. Let the law punish the sexual offenders, notify neighborhoods of their presence, etc... but you have to roll your eyes if a girl dresses like a hooker in a bad part of town. This also depends on if you're speaking on moral grounds or on the grounds of common law. No girl should be raped even if she ventures out in public naked. However, she might expect to be raped if she wanders into the ghetto like that.

ha... good point

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by fooblued

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by WildCArd7
risks

or dressed down.

Those were actually just urban rumors that are
propigated by the myth that sexy clothes cause rape.
Snopes.com is an urban myth website and I'm sure they have more
information on this urban myth.

Well sexy cloth are dont cause Rape or hasarasment but sure it has some influence on a rapist haraser, if i were a haraser i haras the girl in a mini skirt, not the one not wearing one.

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Quote by LinearX

Important to note is that most rape cases involve fully dressed women.
Again, psychologist just aren't sure what triggers sexual offenders.

Very true, but no violent act (outside of self defense) is justifiable. If a homosexual rapist started to target men doing yardwork in just thier shorts, would it be justified? Because it was sexually attractive to the attacker?

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by unicorn2006

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by WildCArd7

mm well yea I do think there's that control issue there, but also girls become victims because they're attractive. And these are the cases in whch the offender and the victim usually dont know each other. The cases where rapists want control usually involves two people that know each other.

No. For one thing, most women are raped by men they know. This means that by your own logic, most rapes are based on power.

For another thing, rape has nothing to do with attractiveness. All types of women get raped. From seven year old girls to 80 year old great grandmothers. From ugly girls to pretty girls. From hooker to religious conservative mothers of five. From rich to poor. Rape is a hate crime against women committed by a man who wants to feel powerful, not by a man looking for sex. Rape is about violence, not getting off.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Quote by fooblued

Quote by LinearX
Again, psychologist just aren't sure what triggers sexual
offenders.

Very true, but no violent act (outside of self defense) is justifiable.
If a homosexual started to target men doing yardwork in just thier
shorts, would it be justified? Because it was sexually attractive to
the attacker?

I agree on that but it still dosent justify why women, mostly teen girls dress so skimpy it a risk to their health or a least increases the chance of a rape, harasment, judgement, etc...

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by WildCArd7

Quote by fooblued

Quote by LinearX
Again, psychologist just aren't sure what triggers sexualoffenders.

the attacker?

I agree on that but it still dosent justify why women, mostly teen girls dress so skimpy it a risk to their health or a least increases the chance of a rape, harasment, judgement, etc...

They dress that way because they should be allowed to and because society pressures them to do it. Considering kids are also willing to do drugs that harm their health a lot more often than harassment I don't think it's that surprising that they'd give in to pressure about clothes.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

Quote by WildCArd7

Quote by fooblued

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by WildCArd7
risks

or dressed down.

R u saying that a Nun is more o posible victi, than a miniskirt user?

actually, there are cases of nuns being raped, just because a person isn't showing skin doesnt mean their safe, some target their victims based on fetishes

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Quote by KuzainNo. For one thing, most women are raped by men they know. This means that by your own logic, most rapes are based on power.
For another thing, rape has nothing to do with attractiveness. All types of women get raped. From seven year old girls to 80 year old great grandmothers. From ugly girls to pretty girls. From hooker to religious conservative mothers of five. From rich to poor. Rape is a hate crime against women committed by a man who wants to feel powerful, not by a man looking for sex. Rape is about violence, not getting off.

^^ yes rapes are committed more often by men that the victims know. But in this case in which we're talking about people who go out seductively dressed, the 'random rape' case is more relevant. If the issue in rape is just having control, it shouldn't even be brought up here since it has nothing to to with the original purpose of the thread. But 'random' rapes do happen because the victim is found to be attractive by the offender.

i dont even know why everyone is so focused on the topic of rape..

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Quote by Kuzain
For another thing, rape has nothing to do with attractiveness. All
types of women get raped. From seven year old girls to 80 year old
great grandmothers. From ugly girls to pretty girls. From hooker to
religious conservative mothers of five. From rich to poor. Rape is a
hate crime against women committed by a man who wants to feel powerful,
not by a man looking for sex. Rape is about violence, not getting off.

I could not have put it better myself. And I want to make it clear to LinearX that I still think chicks who dress slutty are stupid if they think that's going to get them anything, but sexual attention. I'm not talking about miniskirts, but women who put on a bra, tubetop for a skirt and high heels to go to the store.... are pretty blatenly dumb as a powdered brick.

Quote by foobluedVery true, but no violent act (outside of self defense) is justifiable. If a homosexual rapist started to target men doing yardwork in just thier shorts, would it be justified? Because it was sexually attractive to the attacker?

I think you answered your own question in a way - there is no way to justify violent crime. However, transferring blame 100% to either victim or perp is a classic case of Fundamental Attribution Error. We sometimes have preconceptions about who we want to 'win' and bend our thoughts around how we view the world, good/evil, etc. It's usually subconcious and involuntary.

This is a good discussion. I hope I've made it clear I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion - we're different so we're going to have different views. Getting them out there is what makes message boards interesting!

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by WildCArd7

Quote by fooblued

Quote by LinearX
Again, psychologist just aren't sure what triggers
sexualoffenders.

the attacker?

I agree on that but it still dosent justify why women, mostly teen
girls dress so skimpy it a risk to their health or a least increases
the chance of a rape, harasment, judgement, etc...

They dress
that way because they should be allowed to and because society
pressures them to do it. Considering kids are also willing to do drugs
that harm their health a lot more often than harassment I don't think
it's that surprising that they'd give in to pressure about clothes.

Doing Drugs or anything on preasure is no excuse, or dosent change the fact they are responsible for doing it.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by unicorn2006i think this is giving too much credit to girls who dress seductively. they obviously know that it attracts attention.. and the whole point of being seductive all just points us in the direction of.. yes, sex. so i think it's possible to argue that girls dress like that implicitly knowing the sexual suggestions that follow it. and truthfully in my opinion, usually the girls that dress like that aren't the ones that are too shy to approach other guys

Then answer this: How come in New York City do you see almost all the guys approaching the girls? Where you live, the same things may not apply, so of course you may have a different viewpoint of the situation.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Quote by melmachine18

Quote by unicorn2006i think this is giving too much credit to girls who
dress seductively. they obviously know that it attracts attention.. and
the whole point of being seductive all just points us in the direction
of.. yes, sex. so i think it's possible to argue that girls dress like
that implicitly knowing the sexual suggestions that follow it. and
truthfully in my opinion, usually the girls that dress like that aren't
the ones that are too shy to approach other guys

Then answer
this: How come in New York City do you see almost all the guys
approaching the girls? Where you live, the same things may not apply,
so of course you may have a different viewpoint of the situation.

well its very true weve all seen diferent cases, no one knows what goes on o a rapist head.

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by unicorn2006

Quote by KuzainNo. For one thing, most women are raped by men they know. This means that by your own logic, most rapes are based on power.

^^ yes rapes are committed more often by men that the victims know. But in this case in which we're talking about people who go out seductively dressed, the 'random rape' case is more relevant. If the issue in rape is just having control, it shouldn't even be brought up here since it has nothing to to with the original purpose of the thread. But 'random' rapes do happen because the victim is found to be attractive by the offender.
i dont even know why everyone is so focused on the topic of rape..

No, random rapes also happen out of control and without regard for attractiveness. Rapists who rape randomly are usually insane and harbor a great deal of resentment towards women or feel emasculated by them. To regain control or to "get back" at womankind they rape...randomly...without regard for who's attractive.

Sometimes they have a "kink" but that usually isn't based on attractiveness either. Usually it's related to age and situation and general characteristics like race, hair color, occupation, ect. These cases are also very, very remote.

If you haven't worked in a field like law enforcement specially dealing with sex crimes or rape counseling you probably should not make blanket statements like this.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

LinearX, there are situations where there is a victim. When a persn is hurt because of circumstances beyond thier control. It just is black and white sometimes, not most of the time. But as a knowing victim of said violent attack. I can say that I could have done nothing to prevent it. And I was not dressed in a manner that invited it.

i wouldn't look down on girls who dress in sexy or revealing clothing, as they are entitled to their own sense of fashion or taste, but i would like to say that we girls need to be careful about the signals that we send to the boys... i have seen that some singaporean girls dressing like the japanese high school girls with the knee length socks , short skirts and the sailor uniform style. i have worn such clothing myself, being a female student in japan, and i feel that it is not wrong to dress like that. but the way we dress must also be influenced by our knowledge that what we dress like might send unsavoury signals to the opposite sex, so please be mindful of what signals you might send out to others...

page 2 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next » 221 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.