Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 girls wearing revealing/seductive clothing? - Minitokyo

girls wearing revealing/seductive clothing?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next » 221 total items

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by unicorn2006

Quote by KuzainNo. For one thing, most women are
raped by men they know. This means that by your own logic, most rapes
are based on power.
For another thing, rape has nothing to do with attractiveness. All
types of women get raped. From seven year old girls to 80 year old
great grandmothers. From ugly girls to pretty girls. From hooker to
religious conservative mothers of five. From rich to poor. Rape is a
hate crime against women committed by a man who wants to feel powerful,
not by a man looking for sex. Rape is about violence, not getting
off.

^^ yes rapes are committed more often by men that the victims know. But
in this case in which we're talking about people who go out seductively
dressed, the 'random rape' case is more relevant. If the issue in rape
is just having control, it shouldn't even be brought up here since it
has nothing to to with the original purpose of the thread. But 'random'
rapes do happen because the victim is found to be attractive by the
offender. i dont even know why everyone is so focused on the topic of
rape..

No, random rapes also happen out of control and without
regard for attractiveness. Rapists who rape randomly are usually insane
and harbor a great deal of resentment towards women or feel emasculated
by them. To regain control or to "get back" at womankind they
rape...randomly...without regard for who's attractive. Sometimes they
have a "kink" but that usually isn't based on attractiveness either.
Usually it's related to age and situation and general characteristics
like race, hair color, occupation, ect. These cases are also very, very
remote.
If you haven't worked in a field like law enforcement specially dealing
with sex crimes or rape counseling you probably should not make blanket
statements like this.

remeber the topic is girl or young teens... so in the teen area clothing does afect, why this happens most of the time at least.

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

I don't know... It's probably just me, but I don't like gals in revealing/seductive clothing... It frightens me and I end up trying to get away. I feel uncomfortable around gals in bikinis too. I'm a strange guy... But I think gals should respect themselves.

* I guess I'm a strange guy...

Quote by KuzainThey dress that way because they should be allowed to and because society pressures them to do it. Considering kids are also willing to do drugs that harm their health a lot more often than harassment I don't think it's that surprising that they'd give in to pressure about clothes.

I don't think anyone denied them that (though in extreme cases it is 'public indecency'). However, Devil's Advocate: If we replace girls with rapists in that statement, and society with sexual urges pressuring them to do it.. You see where I'm going? Eventually 'the buck stops here' and a person's values, morals and conscience is to blame for their illogical and sometimes illegal actions. This is why most law is based on whether or not a person had reasonable suspicion that their actions or inactions would result in unfavorable circumstances. Sure we don't want to treat it coldly like that, but it is the laws job to apply cold logic to emotionally heated cases.

And Kuzain is right about most rapist activity, though it is still a field of active research. I think the discussion took a bit of a wrong turn somewhere. We should be discussing the much more common and prevelent form of sexual offense, where a person is mistreated verbally and sometimes physically, such as in the workplace. at public gatherings such as concerts, school, etc - potentially because of how they present themselves sexually.

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

Quote by sillymoogleI don't know... It's probably just me, but I don't like gals in
revealing/seductive clothing... It frightens me and I end up trying to
get away. I feel uncomfortable around gals in bikinis too. I'm a
strange guy... But I think gals should respect themselves.
* I guess I'm a strange guy...

you are one of the good guys, its nice to know not all guys are attracted by scantily dressed women ^_^

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

I'll answer the original question on why we wear stuff like that.

"If you have it, flaunt it"

Some women who feel really confident or good about themselves will want to share or show it off. There's no problem with that.

There are cockteases who do it to get a rise out of the sexual attention, and that's their business. But in the argument of rape, if a woman says "No" it's still no, the clothes don't do the talking. -_-;;

A woman who dresses like that should be ready to tell off any guy and dismiss attention that goes too far. In fact, that's the fun part. ~_^

well im a girl and i dont like wearing clothes like that much - i guess i just feel more protected wearing regular clothes. if a girl wants to wear more sexy/revealing/tighter clothes thats their choice, but if they do then they shouldnt whine about the bad kind of attention from guys, cos otherwise what are they wearing those clothes for in the first place? like i said though, its their own choice, so i dont think i have the right to look down on another just cos of the clothes they wear, even if i personally wouldnt wear the same thing.

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by WildCArd7remeber the topic is girl or young teens... so in the teen area clothing does afect, why this happens most of the time at least.

No. This is the third time I've said this. Clothing doesn't affect you chance of being raped. We wish it did, because then there would be something we could do to protect our girls.

But teens get raped most commonly by male aquaintances or at parties by strangers. In both cases, what she wears or how she acts does not effect her chance of being raped (other than attending a party). Teenagers of all levels of attractiveness get raped.

It happens because high school boys often feel that girls have a lot of power over them.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Quote by ShkiraI'll answer the original question on why we wear stuff like that. "If
you have it, flaunt it" Some women who feel really confident or good
about themselves will want to share or show it off. There's no problem
with that. There are cockteases who do it to get a rise out of the
sexual attention, and that's their business. But in the argument of
rape, if a woman says "No" it's still no, the clothes don't do the
talking. -_-;; A woman who dresses like that should be ready to tell
off any guy and dismiss attention that goes too far. In fact, that's
the fun part. ~_^

I desadree with that a secure girl dosent need to rise attention for herself to feel good.thats lack self love , jejeje

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Quote by melmachine18Then answer this: How come in New York City do you see almost all the guys approaching the girls? Where you live, the same things may not apply, so of course you may have a different viewpoint of the situation.

Um I'm not even sure how this relates to what I've said earlier, but okay.. ^^; Guys approaching girls is of course not limited to NYC. I'm a total city person (albeit stuck in the boonies at the moment) so I do know that it happens. And I'm not trying to criticize girls that dress like that by saying they want to get laid or anything. My point is, that girls who dress like that KNOW what kind of image they're showing. (unless they're not very attuned to such cues like that) And they can't expect other people viewing them to see them under a completely neutral light.

Quote by KuzainNo, random rapes also happen out of control and without regard for attractiveness. Rapists who rape randomly are usually insane and harbor a great deal of resentment towards women or feel emasculated by them. To regain control or to "get back" at womankind they rape...randomly...without regard for who's attractive.
Sometimes they have a "kink" but that usually isn't based on attractiveness either. Usually it's related to age and situation and general characteristics like race, hair color, occupation, ect. These cases are also very, very remote.
If you haven't worked in a field like law enforcement specially dealing with sex crimes or rape counseling you probably should not make blanket statements like this.

I'm sorry. On this I'm going to point out that psychologists still do not know enough about rapists to say that they all occur because of control urges. If you look at studies and actual cases with rape/assault offenders, they often say that something about the way the woman was dressed or looked attracted them toward her. It is not purely a control issue.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by WildCArd7

Quote by ShkiraI'll answer the original question on why we wear stuff like that. "If
the fun part. ~_^

I desadree with that a secure girl dosent need to rise attention for herself to feel good.thats lack self love , jejeje

You ever see the, erm.... "bigger" girls who go around wearing that stuff? O_o

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

Quote by Shkira

Quote by WildCArd7

the fun part. ~_^

actually i have, at least they have the confidence...

AdventChild

AdventChild

Second Rate Ninja

Revealing clothes are great and all, but there are certain places and times at which to wear and not wear them. I know that sounds prude, but think about it. A woman or a man for that matter can invite sexual harassment or worse by dress alone. A girl doesn't exactly have to dress like a whore or close as to be attractive.

SHURIKEN SHURIKEN

Quote by Shkira

Quote by WildCArd7

the fun part. ~_^

Unfortunately, there are girls like that :sweat: Damn them...

Be Free and Masturbate

i myself have heard of several incidents where women in a company were sexually assualted, and these women were often dressed in what we call "office wear" that means that the clothes do not really do the invitations, although i believe that there are rapists that prefer to have women dressed like that.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

There are disgusting people that prefer clothings of all manners.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by seiryumiko
actually i have, at least they have the confidence...

That's what I'm saying, that they're no different that other girls. It's a confidence thing.

And then there are others who are also confident and because of that feel they can wear whatever and still look good.

It's a personal preference thing.

i agree, i have seen some of my friends back in japan, where they had worked, and some were attacked by a man when they were on their way home. they were working in an office and they often walk home. also, these incidents happened a few years ago, so i haven't really heard about any new cases...

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Quote by dutchforce

Quote by Shkira

Quote by WildCArd7

the fun part. ~_^

Unfortunately, there are girls like that :sweat: Damn them...

Uhhgggg, I knew this wouldn't be a pleasant discussion, but ... urgh. Thanks for the visual (sarcasm -_- )

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by unicorn2006
I'm sorry. On this I'm going to point out that psychologists still do not know enough about rapists to say that they all occur because of control urges. If you look at studies and actual cases with rape/assault offenders, they often say that something about the way the woman was dressed or looked attracted them toward her. It is not purely a control issue.

Nope. Rapists often can't even recall what their victim looked like or was wearing. They rape for control, not attractiveness. The rest is used afterwards to justify their actions.

We often wish this weren't true (especially women) because then we can claim "it can't happen to me" but the truth is a rapist will rape you no matter what you look like or wear. All that matters to him is that you hurt and feel like less of a human being.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Girls wear those kinds of clothes to get noticed. there are peopel at my school who dress like that, except the school does not allow it. Sometimes I see guys flirt with girls who dress like that at school. I just think it's disgusting and a disturbance to other students. That's just like guys who like to sag their pants really low. Although that doesn't really seem to atract girls.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

i agree that the feelings that we girls have after a rape would first be: shock and shame, shock due to our assumption that "it wouldn't happen to me" and shame because we have been violated by someone in a way that degrades us. also, i feel that the only thing rapists ever remember about their victims is how their body looks

Kozain and Unicorn, here is a link to some info that may help:

http://www.criminalsbehindbars.com/info/notargets.html

I forget the government agency that collected the information, so I wish they listed their source. You can find the original on google if you look hard enough.

Though I don't want to keep this moving in the 'rape' direction since it should be instead about crimes motivated by sexual frustration. Except in absolutely terrible circumstances (ghettos, lands conquered by barbaric armies, etc) most rapes are motivated by psychological, not sexual, factors.

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by LinearXKozain and Unicorn, here is a link to some info that may help:
http://www.criminalsbehindbars.com/info/notargets.html
I forget the government agency that collected the information, so I wish they listed their source. You can find the original on google if you look hard enough.

No. As I mentioned this is an urban myth. The most obvious proof of this is that no government agency is listed on the site. You "forget the government agency" probably because you were never told one or it frequently changed with each telling of the tale.

i know this is an urban myth from person experience as a rape conselor and conversations with law enforcement officers specializing in sex crimes.

EDIT: Here is the Snopes article:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/rape.htm

It's just a rumor. Sorry. I wish changing hair style was enough but the only way to prevent rape is to be aware, be careful in where you go, and to know how to escape from an attacker.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

when did this thread about girls wearing suggestive clothing turn into a discussion about rapist phychology? lol

I personally don't mind girls wearing something that's a little too revealing. Maybe it's because I'm surrounded by more girls than guys. But at any rate, girls have the right to wear what they want. Girls simply must be aware of there are those people out there who take their clothing choices as a blanket invitation to more, shall we say, inappropriate activities.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 3 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next » 221 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.