Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 girls wearing revealing/seductive clothing? - Minitokyo

girls wearing revealing/seductive clothing?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 5 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 221 total items

going back to the topic, i think we girls should be more tactful in what we dress...
if not, we're simply asking for trouble...

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by Kuzain

Quote by dutchforce

Quote by KuzainNone whatsoever. A girl's clothing does
not absolve someone from having to control themselves and in a world
where men are allowed to walk around topless they don't have a right to
comment on our shirts.

Sorry to say but everybody has the right to comment on whatever they
want. Seductive clothing is obviously there to attract attention. But
that doesn't mean other guys/girls can go crazy and start doing stupid
stuff (harassment, rape, etc). I don't think it's fair to blame a girl
at all if something bad happens to her because of her clothing (unless
she wore something offensive, like racist stuff).

You only have
a right to comment on what you can get away with and men who comment
negatively on a woman's clothes often find themselves deprived of her
company. ;)

What he said was that people can comment on anything they want. He never said it was a good idea. In fact, doing so is frequently among the most idiotic things a person can do.

I am invincible!

i agree, but then, i think that if you want to comment on a lady's fashion taste, you should do so tactfully...and even then, try not to dissect whatever goes wrong. i've known guys who are like that...

Quote by LinearX

Quote by KuzainI also think less of the government of belize for posting it.

Me too, but I never thought I'd be taken off guard when something a government said wasn't true. Never! ^^ That's what I get for relying on memory alone, though.
I was hoping to discuss people's feelings about minor sexual misconduct as related to skimpy dress, but the sheer furiosity of our anti-rape feelings keeps throwing the thread in that direction. Not that that is unhealthy necessarily, but we have to make sure we don't direct those negative feelings on each other. I know someone who was raped and it angers me a great deal even now but that sort of emotion (and subsequent bias) is not what I want guiding my viewpoint on these issues.
In any case, we've almost said as much as we can before we're just chomping at the bit. I'll consider the views inputed here in any future discussion of such topic. Overall, a good discussion. I don't think I saw anyone call each other a name even once. Trust me, it's not that mature on some of the other boards I visit.

Yeah, this was definitely a good discussion. Very mature attitudes, though ferocious at some points. Not to anger or vex anyone, but...all of it is all true. Can't be one way or the other. Some rape because they are total maniacs, for sexual desires, for control dominance, etc. etc.! As they say: the possibilities are limitless. Unfortunately, the idea extends to everything.

But back to what the thread was supposedly intended for--I'm guessing...
Personally, I still haven't find out who or what am I, but I still don't like the revealing clothes females dress in. It's one of the things that scorches and burns my head. However, being a male and having the male instincts, I can understand and wonder why at the same time. No matter what, I can SEE them wearing those...things...because despite it all, it's in my viewing range. Like focusing on the ocean, but you'll still notice its sparkles during the day. Or a misplaced object in a mansion. And...then...I wonder why did I glance? why are they wearing such a thing? But on one side, yeah, it is rather attractive...BUT--! And then this thought and that thought and this and that and this and that!

Eesh! I feel like I have multiple personalities... But this thread and its discussion gave me some ideas for some threads. Anyway, we're all different to what we hate, like, etc. etc again.

P.S. Thinking too much is baaad!

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

Usually, the ones who would choose to dress that way are the ones who have a lot of confidence in themselves. True, they do it for attention and for attraction...so obviously if they get assulted, it really is their own fault. I mean, who's fault could it be..the harrasser? *shakes head* I don't believe so as they were being provoked.
Girls who dress in a revealing way are evied and looked down upon by many because of one reason: people are jealous of these so called "sluts". Or maybe they're just hated because they think they're better than everyone else. *shrugs*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

if you were a married guy or have a girlfriend, i'd pity your girlfriend or spouse.., just joking...but then again, women like having the men pay attention to them, especially when they dress in such a manner. of course, this includes what we define to be "girls" eg. schoolgirls. what does everyone think?

Girls were seductive clothing for the distinct purpose of seducing. If they do not want the attention, they should not dress like they do. On the part of the guys, a little self control is surely called for, but we see that and say to ourselves hmmmmm she must be fishing and I'm about to bite. Duh. Sometime I wonder if people even think at all before they act.

Stiks

Keep death always in the forefront of your mind, and you will live life as if each moment was your last. Life in every breath. -Master of Stiks

Zadkhi

Zadkhi

l i v e d r e a m e r

Quote by miyukikobayakawagoing back to the topic, i think we girls should be more tactful in what we dress...
if not, we're simply asking for trouble...

And yet men can dress however they want without such worries because what's the worse a girl can do to him? </cynicism>

Boys and girls all have hormones. Considering that I have yet to see a guy get molested by a girl for wearing a teeny weeny Speedo at the beach, there's no excuse for letting the little head think over the bigger head.

And no, the "It's a biological thing" argument does NOT work.

For the girls, why do you wear what you do? If what you wear is considered revealing or seductive, why did you wear it? If you wore it to gain attention, and attention you got, then you can't exactly complain. If what you wear is more of something you wear to predominantly get a rise out of your boyfriend, then maybe you'll think twice about wearing the outfit in general public.

Me, on the other hand, got molested while wearing an equivalent to a ski outfit. Go figure. I wear what I wear because it is comfortable, but there's no point in tempting fate by dressing in the equivalent of a bikini or teddy while parading about town. But me wearing a tank top, shorts, and flip flops should not result in me running away from slobbering men.

I wear what is comfortable and I have a right to wear what is comfortable, which in my case, covers more than ample parts of my body.

For the guys, get a grip. Seriously. Put yourself in the body of a girl and see what you would do and how you would feel. Would you like having your ass pinched for happening to have a gust of wind blow your skirt over your ass? Would you like having to worry about how your choice of dress affects your safety all the time?

Having a little guy doesn't mean you're supposed to let it do all the thinking - or attempt to. Have a little respect and self control. Just because she looks attractive to you doesn't mean she's "fishing" as one of you so eloquently put it nor is it permission for you to harrass her, so stop making that assumption.

Really, it's all about hormones.

Stupid stupid hormones.

i know this is stupid but no matter what their wearing just try to be nice

clothing is a general way to express yourself. so doesn't matter what girls wear as long as they like it. anyway, some guys do have some funny tastes in fashion. well, i guess it somehow reflects their personalities. :)

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

No just cuase they are wearing it doesn't mean men shold be allowed to do that stuff. I mean if you stuck a kick-me sign on yourself and then someone killed you would you appriciate that? The same goes for girls. They wear those clothes to look attractive and cute not as an easy target for sex.

Guenhwyvar2005

A lonely Weapon

I think that girls wear that stuff because that is what the other girls are wearing.
Most of the time it is just for fashon...I am not saying that they are asking for it
if they wear that stuff. Some might be but definetally not ALL.
: )

*Sigh* If a girl dresses like a slut, she shouldn't be surprised if someone calls her a slut. Rape, physical harassment, etc., is never ok, regardless of the outfit. But if a girl runs through a mall in what is practically a swimsuit, she shouldn't be upset if someone looks at her.

well... different ppl think differently despite looking at the same thing. U may think she looks like a sex kitten while I may just labeled her as slut. Get wat I mean? clothes are the easier material to get the meaning and style across. Anyway, it'd be sad if everyone prefers conformity to self-identity. Imagine the world is full of people wearing only uniforms... I don't even wanna think of that!!! :hmpf:

Quote by Shkira I'll answer the original question on why we wear stuff like that.
"If you have it, flaunt it"
Some women who feel really confident or good about themselves will want to share or show it off. There's no problem with that.
There are cockteases who do it to get a rise out of the sexual attention, and that's their business. But in the argument of rape, if a woman says "No" it's still no, the clothes don't do the talking. -_-;;

A woman who dresses like that should be ready to tell off any guy and dismiss attention that goes too far. In fact, that's the fun part. ~_^

i agree with dat...
n oso, its slightly harder to catch sumone's attention if u r dressed in reguler clothes, blended in with the crowd..
n oso, dressing isnt really the main factor in the case of random rape, normally its the location, ppl normally get raped in places where has few ppl eg the park at night?... i mean, hav u heard of sumone being raped in a crowded supermarket?

ups

HCTerrorist

HCTerrorist

Mercenary

i like seductive clothing lol XD XD

Signature

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

(May have answered thread before - it s old.)
Personally its up to the girl to wear what they want in my opinion.
Although they should be careful and making sure they know the dangers or respsonses they will get, especially if they wear something skimpy, otherwise it all good.

Personally I think its pretty shallow to gain attention with their body not personality first.. but first impressions are important I suppose.

(I mean I would prefer to know the girl first before finding out what she's like underneath the clothes.. ;) But thats jus me...stupid romantic.)

hmm......well i dunno i dont really care whether someone's clothes are revealing or not but i don't really see why people wear revealing clothes it can be dangerous but remember there are other things that can attract people other than wearing very revealing clothes

don't worry the site will be up soon
Signature
http://junto.sytes.net

Tiferet

Tiferet

????

it doesn't matter to me if a girl wears something revealing...all i have to say is if she's acting like a slut, well then she must be a slut ><

personally, i don't really wear anything revealing...cept if you consider tight jeans revealing =/

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." --Mae West
Signature

Darkbeat

Darkbeat

Eternal Purifier

Meh if they feel comfy in it then I let them. Nothing wrong with it, but just like ^ said, if she's acting like slut, then she's probably one -_-

Quote by Rizy123(I mean I would prefer to know the girl first before finding out what she's like underneath the clothes.. ;) But thats jus me...stupid romantic.)

Same here though

Signature

Parallax

Parallax

Actively Inactive

In a feminist perspective, wearing something 'revealing' that implies the woman is attracting sexual attention is a conservative misconception. For them it is an exercise of freedom what to wear for comfort and sometimes for the reason of lifting self-satisfaction.

The woman should never be blamed in case when she was sexually abused and the offender claimed that the woman "invites" him to do it just because of the way she dress.

hey most of the time revealing clothes don't look too comfortable i'm not a woman/girl but thats what it looks like to me

don't worry the site will be up soon
Signature
http://junto.sytes.net

I think Dave Chappelle said it best in his "Killing them Softly" stand-up routine. He said men aren't justified in treating women like meat because they're dressed a certain way. But, he said that women who wear revealing clothing and not wanting to attract attention is like him walking around dressed like a cop. If someone came up to him and asked him for help he would tell them that just because he was dressed like a cop, it didn't mean he was a cop. So, if a girl tells him that just because she is dressed a certain way it doesn't make her a whore. Dave Chappelle would tell them that was fine, but she was wearing a whore's uniform.

page 5 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 221 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.