Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 girls wearing revealing/seductive clothing? - Minitokyo

girls wearing revealing/seductive clothing?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 6 of 10 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 221 total items

Quote by KuzainNone whatsoever. A girl's clothing does not absolve someone from having to control themselves and in a world where men are allowed to walk around topless they don't have a right to comment on our shirts.

exactly wat i think

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

maybe it is just my background, i come from a very conservative family. And I am somewhat of a conservative as well, I am presonally not too fond of it.
However I do understand that it is a personal choice, all I am asking for is at least wear the clothes that fit the situation

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

babyck

babyck

>*|*< c o f f e e & t e a >*|*<

like...what is revealing?
short skirts? halter tops? shorts? tight jeans?
well...they're normal wear for me ^_^'
and no...i don't think it's fair to judge someone by what they wear [if a girl wear miniskirt she has to be a slut] <-- not true
i wear these kinda clothes cause i feel comfortable in them..that's all
okay...so it does attract some attention sometimes but i just wanna look good..is that bad?
guys should have self control...i mean if you wanna stare till your eyes come out..go ahead. nothing is wrong with that except that you'd look pretty stupid but don't go doing horrible things to ladies XO

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by babyckguys should have self control...i mean if you wanna stare till your eyes come out..go ahead. nothing is wrong with that except that you'd look pretty stupid but don't go doing horrible things to ladies

it is not necessarily about guys not having self-control, it is more about wear the appropriate style in appropriate situations, in my mind

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

bevy-chan

bevy-chan

Kunoichi in training with Itachi

No way dude! I mean I don't wear revealing clothing I do wear tight clothing though..sometimes it is to attract but mostly because I feel comfy in those thing...it's like saying guys wear baggy clothes and they get remarks for saying they could start trouble. It's not their fault. They just like wearing those clothes but don't get me wrong there are many girls around here that do wear revealing clothing just to flirt but when they get the wrong kind of attention they get mad. So just in part it could be their fualt but it's only to those with the wrong intension.

Hyuuga Neji is a sexy beast...next to Kakashi-sensei
Signature
silver_cherry_blossom-owner@yahoogroups.com

it doesnt matter, as long as its formal and very pleasing to look at. T_T

In my opinion, the blame falls greatly on the girl. It was her decision to dress like that, and she knew even if she did not consider the full weight of the consequences, that she would be attracting the attention of guys, or girls... I personally see it as a lack of self respect. If a guy will only talk to you if you are half naked then he isn't interested in a long relationship, he just wants to take off what little clothing you have left and leave you crying about how much he hurt you. To me there is nothing more beautiful than a woman who dresses modestly, because it shows me that she cares enough not to give away even the slightest bit of herself, except to someone very special. Self respect starts in the morning when you wake up and doesn't end until you fall asleep.

-Stiks

Keep death always in the forefront of your mind, and you will live life as if each moment was your last. Life in every breath. -Master of Stiks

In truth both sides are to blame. The blame can't be completely left to rest on one factor wether it be women's skimpy dresses or men's sexual appetites, everyone chips in on this sexual vendetta. Thus no one should be pointing the finger at anyone unless they're ready to take their portion of the blame. " Don't throw stones in glass houses"

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Quote by CrimsonMonk In truth both sides are to blame. The blame can't be completely left to rest on one factor wether it be women's skimpy dresses or men's sexual appetites, everyone chips in on this sexual vendetta. Thus no one should be pointing the finger at anyone unless they're ready to take their portion of the blame. " Don't throw stones in glass houses"

I think many people don't feel that the woman should shoulder any of the blame. My opinion aside, the ultimate choice to act upon bad impulse rests with the male, regardless of how the woman carried herself. It's nice to see that someone doesn't insist on blaming one side.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

well, i certainly do not mind wearing something seductive when i go out for parties with my b/f. and i do not mind wearing something sexy when i am alone with him hehe ^.^

Honestly i dont have a problem with this. If wearing those cloths make them feel good about them self it good for them.Women has to feel sentual and sexie from time to time and cloths are a statment of how girls feel, at least i think so...I dont look down on girls like that if the reason is the one i sad but if it is only to attract attention then i think is stupid but hey thats only my opignion....

Signature

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

I used to find women wearing kinda revealing clothing was really hot. Then I had that 'office girl' sorta thing going on. Now I have an asian school girl fetish. Asians school girls for some reason that is beyond me just really turn me on now. But during that entire time line there was always one girl I thought was hot even though she was'nt real. Laura Croft. Voted hottest gaming character ever. I can handle a few bonus levels with her.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

because we want to, i dunno about other girls who do but i certainly dress up like that in purpose for the attention and its not the whistles and the hoots from the guys i want its the glares and the hissing, bytching from girls i want, its a complicated matter lol but yeah thing that helps is that I know what i'm doing, I don't deny it and im not ashamed of it, and if you others don't like then close your eyes and turn away.

Rayito16

Rayito16

green fire alchemist

[url=]null

personall7y i dont care much for sexual harrasment because i dont do it
but i would beat to an inch of his life anybody who sexually harrases my girl when she wears miniskirts and tank tops

¨take a good look, this the body of a sinner¨

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I think if somebody dresses like that, they have to take the consequences and not blame it on the guy who says something.

I am invincible!

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

I, too, come from a conservative family, although I am not much of a conservative myself.

Ofcourse it's a personal choice for a girl to wear what she wants. For girls who reveal too much, they boil up the testosterone level in guys, and those crazy chemicals increase the risk of the guy doing something stupid. In a sense, both sides should be blamed, the girl for being the catalyst and causing the guy's system to overload with testosterone and the guy for not being able to control his desires and not knowing the consequences of his actions.

For those girls who show too much, the question is why? Want to get guys the easy way? Want to look pretty (well, IMO you don't >.<)? Latest fashion or everyone's doing it? (now that's bad excuse...)

My view: girls who dress regularly and don't wear revealing clothes look prettier and WAY better than those who reveal too much.

makes me out of control....

makes my heartbeat faster.....

makes my otherself show......

gives me nose bleeds......

If you are talking criminally - then the blame is on the offender, not an issue. But that doesn't mean girls shouldn't still dress smart. If you choose not to wear a seat-belt and a bad driver rams into you, sure its the bad driver's fault - but you wouldn't be injured if you wore your seat-belt.

You can choose to walk around with a $100 bill in your hand - and if someone steals it they are to blame - but that doesn't stop you from being stupid for caring that amount of money in plain view.

The world is the way it is - there will be people looking to take advantage of others. Women (and men) of all ages should realize this and not dress in a way to invite the attention of such criminals.

I don't really think that it's the blame of the girl... you know she doesn't wear a sign where it's written "Attack me" or something like that. But I think as long as it's decent and depending on circumstances... like if it's hot.

And girl may like to wear seductive clothes just to show their appeal, it's nice that people find you attractful or good-looking, a kind of game.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

It is not the woman's fault at all.

I view girls wearing revealing clothing as eye candy, nothing more. Whether that is derogatory towards them means...well, absolutely nothing to me. If they don't want me looking, they should wear a bit more.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I don't think it's the girl's fault at all. It shouldn't be. It's like "Why were you wearing those clothes?" why not ask "why did you harass her?"

Usually it's not the clothes anyway... they don't have writing on them saying "please harrass me" >_> if that makes any sense... I guess society interprets this as a uhhh "sign" saying "go ahead!" But I disagree with that :(

As for why they wear that kinda stuff... because of the fashion, weather, or style. Some people just look nicer in that kind of style ... or it's a very hot day.

... or that's the wardrobe they have.

Unforunately, guys can walk around shirtless but girls can't walk around in short skirts- it's a bit off the equation and it can't be helped because of biological differences but :( Not the girl's fault.

There was this thing in the news a few months ago- a girl and her school went to Europ somewhere and she was raped. She sued the school for not protecting her properly, but the school blamed it on her because she was carrying around condoms. How is that "asking for it"? Like... either way on both sides it's not fair. I simply think that society should start changing attitudes that females are not seductive creatives holding out cookies to lure others to come.

:(

EDIT: I am a sensible dresser. I don't even wear singlet tops usually- I wear things that cover my back completely and I have no low cut collared tops.

Unfortunately my school uniform requires me to wear a skirt and it is unfortunately very short on me for some strange strange reason even though I lengthened it like 2 centimetres.

It's not fun. I've had all sorts of idiots - and pretty old idiots meaning they are >_> I dunno 30 or up years old, chiming stupid comments at me. Of course it was just me walking past and I didn't really realise they were talking to me, but it's still unpleasant.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

indeed, i agree that anyone reserves the right to wear anything that they like without the issue of getting harassed.
it is a social norm that man has become to much of themselves that woman no longer has any right to doing what theywant. this sparks hate and anger and unequality so it is totally wrong.
i mean, check this, we may be animals, but god give a brain and we have evolved far from being simple animals.
we have technology and clothing. we have skill of communication so really, we should act and behave like real humans do.

back to the topic. the idea is that just because a woman has to wear exposively, we should be harassing her, like what is the idea? we don't have the right to do that. that is why there are laws.
we must hold ourselves in control otherwise we are no better than animals said.
we should be kind and good to each other, just as a man has the right to go barechested, it does mean that a woman has the right to wear however that she likes (albeit not to the point where she is naked on the street expecting people not to look) so generally that is the idea.

so don't judge by the dark age standard, be more open and then we can get along well, we should be and then when you are allowing a social norm to grow, some conflicts are bound to happen, so let it be and then something good will come

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I agree with soceity being at fault consideing I am tkaing socalogy for a major.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Quote by foobluedI think that something important is being overlooked here. Everywhere you turn there are women in next to nothing in magazines, billboards, ads.. ect. Women/girls feel that if they want to be noticed and admired like the women in popular media then they need to look a certain (whorish) way. I'm sick of seeing little 10-13 year old girls walking around looking like prostitutes thinking that the only way they can justify thier life is with a man's attention. I just want to scream at them "Your Better Than That!" I'm not saying this as someone who has never been guilty of the same. I used to feel the same way and (god help me) dress slutty. And that was in the 80's. I can't imagine what girls go through now...

As to the original question.. Physical violence = bad, the should have no responsibilty for a violent act.
Rude comments = People have the right to free speech, and that's how it is.

page 6 of 10 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 221 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.