Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Unanswered and Unloved - Minitokyo

Unanswered and Unloved

page 1 of 1 4 total items

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Many walls and threads fail to get an answer, comment or favourite perhaps somebody (who can) should start a group that tries to answer and comment on each others submissions or threads. There are a lot of groups aimed at new MT members, but not many aim to provide support and help to increase a new members confidence in interacting in the MT community.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Yes, we know that there are many new members who need the confidence from older members so they can get better interacted within the community. We know the new members like to create the "What's your favorite..." threads so they can harvest posts, but many of those threads have already been created, so they become closed. The minute they create a more logical thread, many members still veer towards the more popular threads. This, in turn, is a bit unfair, and that kind of proves the knowledge some members have to some extent if they can't even provide input to the most difficult of questions. I'm sure that there are plenty of members here who are more intelligent than they seem just replying to threads like, "What's your favorite..." or "What's the best...". Sorry if I offend anyone with my statement.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

I don't think that whether or not a person is a member of a group will really give them greater incentive to comment on gallery items or threads they would not otherwise comment on, to tell you the truth. Thus while such a group may look good on paper, I fail to see how it would be effective in practice; it may very well become just another inactive group.

But as for general support, groups do exist to that effect. For example, Chaos Cross is dedicated to helping new members get acclimated to Minitokyo, while other groups, such as the MTn00bClub are designed to ease new members into the art side of the community.

Hope this helps.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Theres been similar discussions like this one, for example, how to prepare incoming Freshman for college. True there are things you can say to help people prepare for a new experience. You can give them rules to read so they aren't completely lost. But, its also true that there are things they will have to learn on their own. There was really no one who 'taught' me the way MT ran when i first came. But, i was able to figure it out for myself overtime. Sometimes just observation can teach you a lot about something. And in no time, you are in the swing of things with the rest. But its always good to know if you do need help, there are clubs that are there specifically to do that. Thumbs up to the people who are always willing to lend a helping hand! You rock! :)

Signature

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.