Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do u like the megaman x series? - Minitokyo

Do u like the megaman x series?

page 1 of 1 20 total items

MAn i love the megaman x series! it is sweet!! so yeah i think most would disagree on that but i really like the storyline and that stuff...

hellbomb

KaBoom!

i never played all the games but i do love the game play
could you tell me what happens in any of the games that i missed?
i have only played mmx1,4,6 and mmz1,2,3

....(_)_TNT_)----#
..(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
(_)(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
"somebody set up us the bomb"

Thienan

Thienan

Mad Suiken User

I've played the SNES ones (1,2,3) and I don't remember the storyline at all... But I still love the series, the weapons are so cool!

I love the X series, Megaman X1 was the first megaman I ever played. So I have a general affinaty towards it. I like the whole concept of collecting the super powerful (not alwasy so) armours. Since a guy I knew introduced me to the Megaman Zero series, I've been pretty hooked on that. The art is soooooo cool.

As for what you've missed out on, hellbomb, not much really. As you may have noticed the the stories of the MMX series vary, they kinda follow in terms of characters and all. But the story lines (starting from X4 and on) are kinda weak, always something the revolves around the 8 Boss megaman battle system. The megaman Zero series seems to have done a way better job in the storyline dpeartement.

I'm just waiting for them to come out with a Megaman
Zero game that looks like the PSone Megamans (X4, X5, X6, Megaman 8) That'd be sooooo cool.

hellbomb

KaBoom!

if you like megaman zero i suggest you watch this movie

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/230574

beware, there are megaman zero 3 spoilers

....(_)_TNT_)----#
..(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
(_)(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
"somebody set up us the bomb"

Silent-Evil

Plague Engineer

Evil likes the Megaman X series. However, that interest stops at the Megaman Zero series.

It is the silent who are the most focused...

Hey Virus, would you mind giving a bit more elaboration on the story? As weak as you say it is.. Megaman was always kinda in the corner of my eye, but I just never really brought myself to check it out. Any info on it would be greatly appreciated so I know whether to give it a miss or check it out.

Cataclysm

Cataclysm

Shadows of nothing

Megaman X is the best, I'd have to say it's my favourite platformer game ever! I've got all of the X series to date but I must say that I prefer games 1 through 6 more than 7 and 8, they really should have kept it 2D like the originals. The new 3D ones aren't as fun and don't look as good IMO, but it seems that every game that was ever 2D for some strange reason has to go 3D if a new version of it is made... Why is that? As far as certain games go I prefer 2D graphics, like fighting games, IMO they're much better in 2D, then there's platformers, again better in 2D. However that's not to say I don't like 3D games at all, I love 3D first person shooters and strategy games but I just think certain games should stay in 2D. Sorry for going off subject there :\

i like meegammaan x serriees ttooo

Same comment as Cataclysm.
I don't like X7. X8 is forgivable but boss character designing is kinda bad.

bloodguardkeshik

bloodguardkeshik

Until my next post...

The Mega Man X series is my favorite video game series, with X3 being king of the world.

Quote by OranginaHey Virus, would you mind giving a bit more elaboration on the story?
As weak as you say it is.. Megaman was always kinda in the corner of my
eye, but I just never really brought myself to check it out. Any info
on it would be greatly appreciated so I know whether to give it a miss
or check it out.

I can give a bit of info, if that is alright. If you are familiar with the Mega Man series at all (such as there being an original Mega Man and Dr. Light, the creator of MM), then Dr. Light made X (the main robot or reploid of the X series), and sealed him away for diagnostic reasons to make sure he does not go berserk. After 30 years, much has changed in the world. Dr. Light has already died, and an archeologist named Dr. Cossack encounters the ruins of the old lab. He finds the capsule containing X, and decides to do research. What he finds is a robot completely capable of thinking, learning, and feeling what it wants and what circumstances bring out, also known as a Reploid. So vastly impressed with the design, Cossack makes another Reploid. It is a huge success, so much so Cossack was even able to have an argument with it. Eventually Reploids are mass-produced, and live in the world among humans, who accept them with open arms. However, eventually a few Reploids actually hurt or kill humans. The Reploids are quickly destroyed, and are dubbed Mavericks. Fearing that this could continue, a group known as Maverick Hunter is started, under the command of Sigma, Cossack's greatest invention (according to the X1 manual). After having a near-death encounter with Zero, Sigma goes Maverick, along with the majority of Maverick Hunter. The reactivated Zero ralies what is left and goes after Sigma. X, feeling this as his fault since they are all based around his design, decides to go join up with Zero to stop Sigma. This is the basis of the first Mega Man X game (information from the manual and cinematic from X4)

Hope that helps and/or sparks some interest.

ZGMF-X09A

Gundam SEED / Destiny Fanatic

Megaman X series is still my all time favourite platform game. Played all the way till X6, until X7 onwards, which is on PS2...

Megaman X4 is a real important game as it very much reveals the whole history of the Megaman X series. X5 and X6 was more about Zero's mysterious past... from X6, it branched to Megaman Zero series (which I also enjoyed) and Megaman X7 and onwards...

I love the series! My favorite game of the series is Megaman X4 becuase it had wonderful anime cutscenes. I can't wait until the anniversery collection comes out!

ashley50

ashley50

Dreaming Tank Buster

by far...the best X series for me was the first one....even though I can't understand what they are saying....(it's Japanese).

What can I say?
Let's~ Volt ~IN!

perfect-zero

magaman x is a great series. i play the first one than skip the rest lol.......however i was able to play megaman x8. it was very fun!!!

Yeah..................okay

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Megaman X series is one of the most prestigious series in gaming history. The icing on the cake would be Megaman X4, imo. Megaman X4 was the best and still is in the X era. Megaman X's history is still blurred but if you play the arcade game, it might shed some light on the transition between Megaman and Megaman X.

Signature

I absolutely loved Megaman X4. My roommate in 1st year had it and he was dumb enough to sell it when he was finished...and I was even dumber for not buying it from him. I always look for it EB but I doubt I'll ever see a copy again. This game just hasuch amaizing fun factor that I was addicted.

Zero was my best guy and all the combat moves that he learned from f\defeating the bosses were amazing. A really refeshing change from X's run and gun style

I love the Megaman X series. X4 and X5 were probably the best of the series in my opinion. I heard they're making an X collection for the PS2 and Gamecube. I cant wait to get my hands on that when it comes out later this year!

Alienated-NZ

Alienated-NZ

\ Sasuke \

I lost my version of X7 it was ok... kinda lame ish but better than most games =D

I love Magaman X and it is my favourite of all megaman series. My favourite was probably X4

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh."

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.