Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you believe that God punishes? - Minitokyo

Do you believe that God punishes?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Well some people, when they have bad luck or lost a loved one they tend to think that God punished them. In my opinion, I think that every problem is a challenge from God. I always tell myself that God gave me this challeng to make me stronger. He wouldn't give me a challenge if he knew that I couldn't do it. He gave me a challenge coz he knows that I can survive the challenges and I will learn something important from it. Now, all I wanna now is what are your opinions?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

God saves no one. You live your life on how you want it to be. Strive for your future because no one will help you. That's the way I think of it.

Remember the lines:
"Gusto kong bumait, pero di ko magawa
Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa."

Signature

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

////ONTOPIC
God doesn't exist. I have a heavy Jewish-Christian education though, and still think God hates me when I have a bad day. It's just a day where odds are against me.

////OFFTOPIC

Quote by jakulitoRemember the lines:
"Gusto kong bumait, pero di ko magawa

I don't know tagalog but I can tell it has something to do with God, because "Diyos" is pretty much like "Dios", Spanish for "God"... I would really like to read it in English. Pleeeeaaaaase? ^_^'

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

What are you...stupid?! How can god punish you guys when he's obviously too busy giving me hell!

I mean c'mon, think about it!

:)

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

I don't think God operates on so personal a level so as to directly punish any one person. I would hope a supreme being would be above that.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

charmyc

charmyc

Charmy

I don't belive in god... I live my life like I think it's rigth to and well action is followed by a reaction so their's nothing god did in that. I don't know what's gonna happend in the after life but I'm sure their's no god involve in there. but oh well we can't really argue wannever god exist or not it's a matter of belives...

(forgive my bad english =_=)

Signature
.::.Visit my Site .::..::.Charmy Shrine.::.

punker0017

punker0017

My backpack's got jets

Quote by DaNuke////ONTOPIC
God doesn't exist. I have a heavy Jewish-Christian education though, and still think God hates me when I have a bad day. It's just a day where odds are against me.

Here here! I have a strong christian background, that helped to prove to me that religion is crap, but thats kinda off topic.

Quote by jakulitoGod saves no one. You live your life on how you want it to be. Strive for your future because no one will help you. That's the way I think of it.

that is how i feel as well. There is no supreme being to help you. You are on your own, do it yourself. Dont count on anyone else.

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Well... obviously those who do sin get punished... what about those who don't? I don't know if there is an omnipotent omniwhatever force up there in the sky... all I know is that there are planets and the stars... if there be a God, it lives in your heart. If you fear that God in your heart, you'll do the right thing... it's only when you have done something bad, that bad conscience stays in you... and that's why you feel God punishes you for having that guilt. My opinion anyways :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

sakuralim

Love is ......

for me if I lost someone I die, I think maybe because God love them so much that he dont want them to suffer so much here on earth.
so, take them to stay with him ^^
maybe some is God punishment unto them.
But anyway, God is faithful and just ^^

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by jakulitoGod saves no one. You live your life on how you want it to be. Strive for your future because no one will help you. That's the way I think of it.
Remember the lines:"Gusto kong bumait, pero di ko magawa

Testified. Can I get an Amen?

English of what Jakulito said:
"I want to be good but I can't.
God gives mercy, but man does the work."

Pretty rough, but I think you can get the meaning.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

i think that when someone gets someone important taken from them, maybe it's because God think they are suffering and therefore took them up there with Him.

Quote by sakuralimfor me if I lost someone I die, I think maybe because God love them so much that he dont want them to suffer so much here on earth.
so, take them to stay with him ^^maybe some is God punishment unto them.
But anyway, God is faithful and just ^^

there fore i agree with that statement. I come from a strong Christian bg and i believe in God. He punishes only those who sin, but for those who believe in Jesus/God, they will be saved.

matsic

matsic

Bouncy Bouncy!

god punishes no1 we make the situation we bare the consequence. people that die or live is a result of what people are doing whether they mean it or not

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I certainly believe that God has the ability to punish.
However, I believe as strongly that we can never judge what is punishment and what isnt. We are not privy to the thoughts of God and therefore what is punishment or a blessing in disguise...we wont know.

And I live off the policy that what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. :)

My opinion...

My opinion is that there's just some stupid fookers in the world who stumble upon my existence and take to ruin it. I don't see it as a challenge from God, because if it is, he's a fooker, too. I also think you're trying to blame everything on God and not take into account that your life just might suck, that or everybody has problems.

Doctor saves a patient's life... it's a miracle from God!11!.. take no consideration to that fact that a skilled doctor spent 13 hours in surgery to only hear that his work is being credited to somebody else...

I believe in karma. And I must've been really bad in my past life, because there seems to be an endless supply of idiots...

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

In the end, He will assure that justice is served.

I am invincible!

butterflikysses

butterflikysses

~Diamond Dust Drops~

God doesn't punish neone although there has been times where i thought he did cuz things in my life go wrong, but think of it this way. if life was juss so perfect all the time then we wouldn't need God, so the reason we go through tuff times is cuz it brings us closer to Him

Signature Image

Eh? Well, assuming he exists...

He can be an infinite amount of things, but if he is as many others say, then he does not punish, he just..dishes out justice or something. Basically the same thing while trying to avoid the word "punishment". Since I was not made out to be a poltician, I can't think of a good word for it. Maybe divine justice? Of course, how can you not think he punishes when he creates the Hell? What is that, a trip to Six Flags or something?

He could also be, as they said in Constatine (crappy movie) "He's a like a child with an ant farm".

Hehehe...Interesting idea.

Personally I feel sorry for god.
If there is only one god then he has no equal.
That means everyone around him is inferior to him.
How boring would that be?
It would be like me being at work all day.

during our everyday lives, i think God can give us trials to build our character if we're having a bad day. there's always a lesson to be learned or an underlying reason for why something happens the way it does. however, in the end (like the very end), God will be the judge with His mercy and justice.

"SING like no one's listening, DANCE like no one's watching, LOVE like you've never been hurt."

I think every action has a consequence....so every bad deed has one also...just figure out the world and its perfect balance...everything as well as every action has an equal and opposite reaction. what's not to say that happiness does not come with a price tag on it. That price tag may as well be punishment. ;) Just a reaction...hope nobody takes this personally.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by glassreflectionduring our everyday lives, i think God can give us trials to build our character if we're having a bad day. there's always a lesson to be learned or an underlying reason for why something happens the way it does. however, in the end (like the very end), God will be the judge with His mercy and justice.

So he basically gives us a bunch of trials or tests, and if we screw up he throws us into hell.

I want a new god.

It's kinda strange seeing a post like this on an anime site. But I'll indulge you and answer the question, since it's rude to reply without a definite answer. I don't believe in an anthropmorphic God concerned with the petty struggles of people's personal lives.

Quote by catinabowlIt's kinda strange seeing a post like this on an anime site. But I'll indulge you and answer the question, since it's rude to reply without a definite answer. I don't believe in an anthropmorphic God concerned with the petty struggles of people's personal lives.

Really? Its on almost every anime forum I've ever been to. Actually, probably every one I've been to, but I'm saying almost just in case.

People love to talk about religion. I don't know why...

i dunno.. sometimes i rekon.. wat comes round goes round

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.