Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Good things about Bush? - Minitokyo

Good things about Bush?

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 121 total items

Hmmmm...not going into flaming mode for this and then again why bother really. Plenty of different opinions on what Bush did (not) do for the US but I got to ask this much. Is it me or was it that before 9/11, the man was sinking in popularity contest?
As far as what he did for the country? Hmmm I am not quite sure how to put it but if going into another country under a wrong assumption (wmd) and having hundreds of soldiers killed while also doing so while "condemned" by the UN is not a big nod enough...I just don't know.
But sure, some would see that he has good intentions and I would say The path to Hell is made of good intentions.
But I got some nice Bush-isms sentences and remarks to make me scratch my head with a grin.

well, i think bush has some good ideas (such as no child left behind, partial-birth abortion ban) however, he either doesn't fund them nearly enough, as in the case of the former or it's kind of pointless, like the latter. VERY few (like 500) partial birth abortions are performed per year, and to get them is very hard and the mother has to be in danger of death by giving birth to the baby.

anyway, i digress. the whole "spread democracy" thing could be seen as good, but way too idealistic and pretty imperialistic. but wait, i forgot. europeans are imperialists, we just spread democracy. -___-

darkspiral486

darkspiral486

Carpe Annum

Quote by DMNYHmmm I am not quite sure how to
put it but if going into another country under a wrong assumption (wmd)
and having hundreds of soldiers killed while also doing so while
"condemned" by the UN is not a big nod enough...I just don't know.

(No offense intended, man, but I just gotta respond to that)

So, since Hussien didn't have nuclear weapons to bomb us with, we should just let him keep killing off huge numbers of his own people while we turn a blind eye since he isn't a concern of ours, right? That's just terrible, and I'm ashamed that I even came up with it! Also, you might keep in mind that we lost less soldiers in both Gulf wars and the fighting in Afghanistan combined than Saddam's regime killed in one year. I saw a video of an execution by the Hussien regime in Iraq. It showed a man being lowered feet-first into an industrial plastic grinder simply because Saddam didn't like the man. Don't you think he deserved to fall? Also, one of the big opposers to the war in Iraq was France, and they were making heaps of illegal money off of oil bought off of Iraq in violation of the embargo imposed by the U.N.

Quote by darkspiral486

Quote by DMNYHmmm I am not quite sure how to
put it but if going into another country under a wrong assumption (wmd)
and having hundreds of soldiers killed while also doing so while
"condemned" by the UN is not a big nod enough...I just don't know.

(No offense intended, man, but I just gotta respond to that)
So, since Hussien didn't have nuclear weapons to bomb us with, we
should just let him keep killing off huge numbers of his own people
while we turn a blind eye since he isn't a concern of ours,
right? That's just terrible, and I'm ashamed that I even came up with
it! Also, you might keep in mind that we lost less soldiers in both
Gulf wars and the fighting in Afghanistan combined than Saddam's regime
killed in one year. I saw a video of an execution by the Hussien regime
in Iraq. It showed a man being lowered feet-first into an industrial
plastic grinder simply because Saddam didn't like the man. Don't you
think he deserved to fall? Also, one of the big opposers to the war in
Iraq was France, and they were making heaps of illegal money off of oil
bought off of Iraq in violation of the embargo imposed by the U.N.

DarkSpiral...don't worry mate, I take no offense and a nod to your explanation but I don't think that is what Bush had advocated as his main reason to go in Iraq...The claim to liberate the Iraqi people did come after the yelling on the WMD. Mind you, I might be wrong but it had been the way I remember things on that one.
I am sure there are other countries where atrocities had been done and the US avoiding them. Why is this different than what had occured under Hussein's dictature? What about PolPot and the khmer rouges? What about the African genocides? Sarajevo? North Korean bashing and starving its own population? Why the double standard? Un one day and then, oops, got to go to Iraq again? Let me know your thoughts on this one...Sure some of the examples are before Bush's administration but you got to wonder sometimes (sorry, spilled over the subject but nod and point toward the ongoing rabble that Bush is actually a part of )
And France was never the only country to make heaps of money from the UN embargo...Unfortunately.

Quote by Masaru-SanWe can't let terrorists come in and kill us off! It's bad enough we let
Mexicans in so easily. For better or for worse, I would have done the
same thing if I was in Bush's shoes, but I would have done it better.
Also, I would get rid of that stupid color code thing.

wow....this is a prime example of a Bush enthusiast....racist much? XP

darkspiral486

darkspiral486

Carpe Annum

Quote by DMNY
DarkSpiral...don't worry mate, I take no offense and a nod to your
explanation but I don't think that is what Bush had advocated as his
main reason to go in Iraq...The claim to liberate the Iraqi people did
come after the yelling on the WMD. Mind you, I might be wrong but it
had been the way I remember things on that one. I am sure there are
other countries where atrocities had been done and the US avoiding
them. Why is this different than what had occured under Hussein's
dictature? What about PolPot and the khmer rouges? What about the
African genocides? Sarajevo? North Korean bashing and starving its own
population? Why the double standard? Un one day and then, oops, got to
go to Iraq again? Let me know your thoughts on this one...Sure some of
the examples are before Bush's administration but you got to wonder
sometimes (sorry, spilled over the subject but nod and point toward the
ongoing rabble that Bush is actually a part of )
And France was never the only country to make heaps of money from the
UN embargo...Unfortunately.

Very well said, man. I couldn't agree more. Yeah, the WMD's was a bad piece of intelligence, and once we started that war because of them it's damn hard to stop. Sometimes you just have to go with what you got. I guess if we just pulled out of Iraq now everyone would be happy, but only until the entire country collapses....again. And then they would wonder why we stopped, and call us deserters for leaving the Iraqis to their fate. Everybody's a critic....

And there is just too much evil out there for anybody to try and fix. At least we're trying, I guess. There's only so much we can do, and if the reaction shown here is any indication, what's the point in trying if everyone will simply hate you for it? It's like me at my school, trying to convince my classmates that you shouldn't be racist or anti-gay or anything like that. Nothing happens except that they begin to hate me. People will never change, no matter how much you try.

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Quote by ThaIsland212

Quote by Masaru-SanWe can't let terrorists come in and kill us off! It's bad enough we let
Mexicans in so easily. For better or for worse, I would have done the
same thing if I was in Bush's shoes, but I would have done it better.
Also, I would get rid of that stupid color code thing.

wow....this is a prime example of a Bush enthusiast....racist much? XP

That doesn't mean that he's a racist, racism is harder to define than that.

Brownie the Cat

Cagari

Cagari

Eh?

dude, you guys pay alot of attention to this kind of stuff....I might not because I don't live in America...^^;;; But still, I am American, and I think Bush is a good President. I just prefer him over Kerry....but I think he is good because:
1. He's been through alot and hasn't bragged about him winning.(the election of 2000 and 2004. Remember how close those were? he must have been under ALOT of stress.)
Plus, he called Kerry and praised him for his efforts.
2. He has good morals.
3. He has good ideas.
4 He is a Christian.

So there.

Don't be hating.... OX

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

Bush is a closed-mind person and is only worried about protecting his own country. Most of the population of american are also closed minded, and/or just want to cover their ass. this "freedom" excuse is bullshit. re-electing bush was a step back for america imho.

could someone tell me one thing bush has really done to help the environment, minioritys or other countries? something significant too, and not yet another excuse to justify not helping. (eg, america is pressured to sign the kyoto protocol, and then bush goes on about doing stuff their own way to help improve the environment, but really he couldnt care less about the environment and never will focus on improving the situation of pollution and ecosystem degradtion).

I think it's not the CIA it's the Russian mafia behind this all... Always when bad things happen "We think he may have connections with Russian mafia" :sweat:

Boo-Yah!

Quote by Cagaridude, you guys pay alot of attention to this kind of stuff....I might
not because I don't live in America...^^;;; But still, I am American,
and I think Bush is a good President. I just prefer him over
Kerry....but I think he is good because:
1. He's been through alot and hasn't bragged about him winning.(the
election of 2000 and 2004. Remember how close those were? he must have
been under ALOT of stress.)
Plus, he called Kerry and praised him for his efforts.
2. He has good morals.
3. He has good ideas.
4 He is a Christian. So there. Don't be hating.... OX

Well, what if someone isn't Christian? He's pretty much trying to impose Christian values on the country. Is that fair to the religious minorities? That whole "freedom of religion thing."

Quote by darkspiral486

Quote by DMNYDarkSpiral...don't worry mate, I take no offense and a nod to your
explanation but I don't think that is what Bush had advocated as his
main reason to go in Iraq...The claim to liberate the Iraqi people did
come after the yelling on the WMD. Mind you, I might be wrong but it
had been the way I remember things on that one. I am sure there are
other countries where atrocities had been done and the US avoiding
them. Why is this different than what had occured under Hussein's
dictature? What about PolPot and the khmer rouges? What about the
African genocides? Sarajevo? North Korean bashing and starving its own
population? Why the double standard? Un one day and then, oops, got to
go to Iraq again? Let me know your thoughts on this one...Sure some of
the examples are before Bush's administration but you got to wonder
sometimes (sorry, spilled over the subject but nod and point toward the
ongoing rabble that Bush is actually a part of )
And France was never the only country to make heaps of money from the
UN embargo...Unfortunately.

Very well said, man. I couldn't agree more. Yeah, the WMD's was a bad piece of intelligence, and once we started that war because of them it's damn hard to stop. Sometimes you just have to go with what you got. I guess if we just pulled out of Iraq now everyone would be happy, but only until the entire country collapses....again. And then they would wonder why we stopped, and call us deserters for leaving the Iraqis to their fate. Everybody's a critic....
And there is just too much evil out there for anybody to try and fix. At least we're trying, I guess. There's only so much we can do, and if the reaction shown here is any indication, what's the point in trying if everyone will simply hate you for it? It's like me at my school, trying to convince my classmates that you shouldn't be racist or anti-gay or anything like that. Nothing happens except that they begin to hate me. People will never change, no matter how much you try.

Well let them really, I woulf think anyone who is open minded enough and understand what is going on as well as being able to talk and converse instead of arguing and turning it into a flaming competition is just underappreciated...Then again, just a matter of time when you will meet other people who will hate to be not around you. So cheers on that DarkSpiral!

Jheiracks

Jheiracks

absently lost in creation

This site has great things to show about Bush *grins*
http://www.BushorChimp.com/
*smiles* Enjoy :]

bleakreserve

bleakreserve

true reflections

Honestly, i don't see anything good about bush. This may be biased after watching Farenheit 911 but honestly, its not propaganda, michael moore presents his case well against bush. Honestly, i don't think iraq is worth invading even though the outcome was positive. I wouldn't want to lose my life just because bush felt there was WMD and ...surprise surprise there are none. Think of the unfortunenate soldiers who lost their lives ;(

Love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image... otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. ~ Unknown

Signature Image

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

Quote by keikkiwell, i think bush has some good ideas (such as no child left behind, partial-birth abortion ban) however, he either doesn't fund them nearly enough, as in the case of the former or it's kind of pointless, like the latter.

it's true that funding for no child left behind shouldn't be stingy, but during 2000-2002, federal funding in general for elementary and secondary ed. went up by 49%. and sometimes i feel like no matter how much money you throw at a problem, that just isn't enough.

Quote by breadcrustcould someone tell me one thing bush has really done to help the environment, minioritys or other countries? something significant too, and not yet another excuse to justify not helping. (eg, america is pressured to sign the kyoto protocol, and then bush goes on about doing stuff their own way to help improve the environment, but really he couldnt care less about the environment and never will focus on improving the situation of pollution and ecosystem degradtion).

pres. bush did try to push for his clear skies initiative, which would have reduced emissions of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, and mercury, by approximately 70 percent over the next 15 years. but unfortunately this didn't pass in congress because it didn't restrict carbon dioxide emissions. to pass laws, there often times need to be compromises between lobbyists, the white house, and legislators...and to get big industry lobbyists to support this initiative, pres. bush had to back off his pledge to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, but that angered and pissed off enviromental lobbyists. industry already had to install pollution controls to reduce sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, and mercury emissions, and they would not concede to pay for more controls to reduce carbon dioxide.

however, pres. bush instead went with a regulatory option, instead of pushing for legislation through congress, by having the environemtal protection agency propose the clean air interstate rule to reduce emissions by 70% in the next 10 years.

he also signed the healthy forests initiative to reduce catastrophic wildfiires that we witnessed a couple of years ago. he also has other environmental policies, so i don't think it's fair to categorize him as not caring at all about the environment.

and concerning minorities, he also created the faith based community initiatives to help at-risk youth, the homeless, the hungry, etc...which will help minorities since they disproportionately fall into these at-risk categories. and what about the u.s. helping the tsunami victims in southeast asia...isn't that a good deed? we pledged $950 million to help with their relief...and if my memory serves me correctly, the u.s. leads in that humanitarian effort...not to mention the naval ships we sent there to help with relief and recovery.

so, please give pres. bush and the u.s. some credit for being humanitarian and caring.

Quote by breadcrustBush is a closed-mind person and is only worried about protecting his own country. Most of the population of american are also closed minded, and/or just want to cover their ass. this "freedom" excuse is bullshit. re-electing bush was a step back for america imho.

whoa..i can't believe you just said that most of the american population is closed minded...a little less than half of the u.s. population did not vote for pres. bush...he did not win with an overwhelming majority. i just don't see how that statement can be justified because i do not consider myself or my fellow citizens to be so shallow.

i also want to add that i thought pres. bush to be extremely courageous by attending the pope's funeral when he knew that security would not be tight and that he could've been assassinated/hurt quite easily by being so exposed. he's the first american pres. to attend a pope's funeral, and his attendance showed what kind of character bush has.

i apologize for this long post...and it looks like i opened myself up to more flaming...
but i just think we need to look at things more fairly and moderately.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

Samika

Samika

Homonculous

I like him as much as I like my prime minister. >_> John Howard and George Bush are the same in that they used dirty tactics in order to be re-elected. In most people's minds, it would have been a "known evil before the unknown and therefore greater" type of voting.

i suppose there must be some good to him; its just that the bad outweighs it.

"If I'm as pure and straight as you say... It's because you're at the end of my path." ~ Parfait Tic
"The hardest thing to endure, is to live in a world without out you in it." ~ Autumn in My Heart
"In my heart, there is an equation... 'Someone my friend likes=Some one that has nothing to do with me.' Thats why."- By the Lotus Leaves

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I can think of more good things than bad things about President Bush. However, posting them here would just be flamebait, so I will refrain.

I am invincible!

Eagle

Eagle

Full time sadomasochist

He's got a nice lodge and his wife is funny :), oh and he's a people's person

darkfirefox

darkfirefox

Spriggan

it is difficult to find good things about bush. I disagree with most of his policies. he seems to be so closed minded like he's living in another world or something. he talks about creating democracies in other countries but over here he's building a theocracy. it also seems he heeds corporations more than average citizens. his administration and his republican cronies try to circumvent the constitution in any way possible. the national debt keeps rising as well. before he was elected in 2000 there was a surplus and it got wiped out as soon as he took office. well its just 4 more years of him. i'll just hope there's no one worse than him obtaining office after he's gone. it's going to take years to assess the damage he caused this country.

Signature
The ever beautiful Rabi en Rose

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Quote by BorisGrishenkoI can think of more good things than bad things about President Bush. However, posting them here would just be flamebait, so I will refrain.

^^ you could just say one thing - people can't argue that there's absolutely nothing good about Bush u know

Quote by bblsi also want to add that i thought pres. bush to be extremely courageous by attending the pope's funeral when he knew that security would not be tight and that he could've been assassinated/hurt quite easily by being so exposed. he's the first american pres. to attend a pope's funeral, and his attendance showed what kind of character bush has.
i apologize for this long post...and it looks like i opened myself up to more flaming...
but i just think we need to look at things more fairly and moderately.

yea, I think this can attest to his strong character.

Quote by darkfirefox I disagree with most of his policies. he seems to be so closed minded like he's living in another world or something. he talks about creating democracies in other countries but over here he's building a theocracy. it also seems he heeds corporations more than average citizens. his administration and his republican cronies try to circumvent the constitution in any way possible. the national debt keeps rising as well. before he was elected in 2000 there was a surplus and it got wiped out as soon as he took office. well its just 4 more years of him. i'll just hope there's no one worse than him obtaining office after he's gone. it's going to take years to assess the damage he caused this country.

*sigh* Bush isn't building a theocracy.. just because he has strong religious beliefs doesn't mean you can accuse him of that. And as for the 'corruption' that you mention, I would say that politicians are all like that in one way or another - it's hard to say that any politician is 'genuine'.
i believe there are earlier responses concerning the surplus and deficit.. (ones by Oceanangel01 and EternalParadox)

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by unicorn2006

Quote by BorisGrishenkoI can think of more good things than bad things
about President Bush. However, posting them here would just be
flamebait, so I will refrain.

^^ you could just say one thing - people can't argue that there's
absolutely nothing good about Bush u know

Alright, here's an easy one. He is more interested in moving forward than quibbling about the past. A rare quality in a politician these days.

I am invincible!

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

Quote by BorisGrishenkoI can think of more good things than bad things about President Bush. However, posting them here would just be flamebait, so I will refrain.

i wish you would say more because i felt like i opened myself up to some big time flaming...and i don't wanna be the only one... ^_^'

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by bbls

Quote by BorisGrishenkoI can think of more good things than bad things
about President Bush. However, posting them here would just be
flamebait, so I will refrain.

i wish you would say more because i felt like i opened myself up to
some big time flaming...and i don't wanna be the only one... ^_^'

I have to go issue by issue on this. My primary complaints are actually results of huge roadblock issues involving Democratic filibusters, not complaints about the President. To be fair in this type of discussion one must discuss what the president attempts to do rather than what he fails to achieve though the machinations of others who specifically desire to make him look bad. Outside of a forum where that is explicitly understood, trying to discuss it is pointless since beyond that point it dissolves into nothing but empty rhetoric and talking points.

I am invincible!

darkfirefox

darkfirefox

Spriggan

Quote by unicorn2006

Quote by darkfirefox I disagree with most of his policies. he seems to
be so closed minded like he's living in another world or something. he
talks about creating democracies in other countries but over here he's
building a theocracy. it also seems he heeds corporations more than
average citizens. his administration and his republican cronies try to
circumvent the constitution in any way possible. the national debt
keeps rising as well. before he was elected in 2000 there was a surplus
and it got wiped out as soon as he took office. well its just 4 more
years of him. i'll just hope there's no one worse than him obtaining
office after he's gone. it's going to take years to assess the damage
he caused this country.

*sigh* Bush isn't building a theocracy.. just because he has strong
religious beliefs doesn't mean you can accuse him of that. And as for
the 'corruption' that you mention, I would say that politicians are all
like that in one way or another - it's hard to say that any politician
is 'genuine'. i believe there are earlier responses concerning the
surplus and deficit.. (ones by Oceanangel01 and EternalParadox)

sheesh, its just an opinion. its no use getting all riled up about it. it isn't going to change anything in the government. it's just stuff I hear about in the news. I'm sorry if you got offended. ^_^'

what I meant about building a theocracy is he wants to cram the courts with right-wing neo-con judges that will blur the line when it comes to separation of church and state. and his cronies in congress want to change the rules on filibustering so they can confirm judicial nominees with ease. but that may backfire on them in the future when they're no longer in power. yeah I agree mostly all politicians are corrupt.
^_^'

Signature
The ever beautiful Rabi en Rose

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 121 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.