Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Will Area or Nationality affect the selection of Anime & Manga - Minitokyo

Will Area or Nationality affect the selection of Anime & Manga

page 1 of 1 11 total items

GundamFans

GundamFans

** May My Wishes Come True **

I lived at FE & very interest of many Anime
e.g. Gundam, Fullmetal, Kenshin, Macross, etc
the son of my friend who is a Middle East cit citizen
seem no interest of any above

I quite interest if this topic
friend of MT is from diff area & nationality
could anyone advise me,
will that affect & what kind of anime y like

* Space & Life are so Mystery *
Signature
** May My Dreams Come True **
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally, I don't think those two affect people's choices in which ones they watch. It's more person preference of what type people enjoy. Cuz for me, I don't see those things affecting my choices. I like watching various kinds of series whether they're action, romance or sci-fi. It's more the storyline and other factors that affect my decision.

i live in Canada btw.

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

Um I dont think so....maybe the access and quality of the anime may vary andhow to purchase it language options etc.

I live in Uk and I am pretty much open-minded to the genres.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Ghai

Ghai

Xullreyvias

i dun believe that the area you live in affects it that much. its your own personality that does. ppl like different things and that said, different types of anime =D i personally watch almost any anime i get my hands on but the effect each of them leave behind is different. speaking of which i've watched some of those u posted =D

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i don't think so... it seems that anime is universal and which ones you like is solely based on what a person likes or dislikes. i'm from the US and i like a variety of anime from comedy to drama... tho i tend to like a combination of action and comedy.

Signature Image

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

I think it might have some influence. Not all places receive the same kind and equal amounts of anime. Also for those who rely on stores(not the online ones) only, their choices are limited, and it's hard to be picky.

Signature Image

GundamFans

GundamFans

** May My Wishes Come True **

Quote by Rizy123Um I dont think so....maybe the access and quality of the anime may vary andhow to purchase it language options etc.

I live in Uk and I am pretty much open-minded to the genres.

think rizy 123 is right

my friend's son love spider man & superman,
maybe the channel use a language that they know
& make them easier to accept that

we use a language selection of the lanuguage that we know
so we could accept the disney, spiderman, superman, also
but seem not easier to found a lanuguage that they know here

* Space & Life are so Mystery *
Signature
** May My Dreams Come True **
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Well... it does affect the access you have to different kinds of anime and manga. For example, I live in NZ, and the only anime you can get here is that polished, shounen kind. Like Gundam, Chrno Crusade, 12 Kokki, etc.

Brownie the Cat

Quote by sadotsuWell... it does affect the access you have to different kinds of anime
and manga. For example, I live in NZ, and the only anime you can get
here is that polished, shounen kind. Like Gundam, Chrno Crusade, 12
Kokki, etc.

We have 12 Kokki? Didn't realise that.

Well apart from the personal preferences, the genres of anime available in your area come into play like others have mentioned. I have yet to see any new hentai released here in NZ (won't watch 'em, but hey, need some variety.;) ), as well as other anime titles like Ceres: Celestial Destiny, Shamanic Princess, etc. Hopefully Madman Entertainment and Siren will release them soon. :)

I think will affect
if I don't know the language,
how could I know what is talking about
min need to hv some lauguage title

this also will affect by my personal interest also

Signature

sillymoogle

sillymoogle

Vectoring back to school

I will affect the overall availiblity. Some governments or cultures would find the under lying message in some Anime, to be contradictory to their beliefs or national values. (Don't know many Evangelical Christians who watch anime.)

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.