Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Issues with parents - Minitokyo

Issues with parents

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 55 total items

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

Quote by melmachine18 - Put yourself in a position in which you're going to college and are living with parents. Would you let them decide where they will send you, or will you decide where to go and your parents must accept it?
- Do you think that after going to college for one year or even graduating from high school, you're more capable of handling yourself, or do you still need, or even want, to be babied by your parents?
I'm also asking for opinions.

I think that it depends with each person. I'm going to attend a community college for a couple years to get my core courses out of the way before I even think about reapplying to the school of my choice. As much as I want to get away, I know I'm not ready to be on my own, even in a dorm or a rented apartment off-campus. If my parents weren't as accepting as they are, and tried to tell me where to go to school, I'd tell them to hang whatever aspirations they have of sending me where they want me to go to school in their ear, because there's no way I'd do that again.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

- Have any of you had this feeling after your parents told you something you didn't want to hear or made you do something you didn't want to do?
~~I feel like that once in a while, I get mad at them for a time but then it fades over time...

- In the end, after doing that something (only if you did it), did you feel any better that you did it, or did it make you feel worse?
~~If i do it it makes me feel a bit better because my parents stop bugging me about it, but at the same time I feel kinda worse because i only did it to get my parents to stop bugging me and not to benefit myself

- Put yourself in a position in which you're going to college and are living with parents. Would you let them decide where they will send you, or will you decide where to go and your parents must accept it?
~~I would decide where to go and my parent sould accept it because I'm still going to college like they wanted me too.

- Do you think that after going to college for one year or even graduating from high school, you're more capable of handling yourself, or do you still need, or even want, to be babied by your parents?
~~I believe that I would be able to take care of myself...after i learn how to cook real food of course ^_^

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by YugureKazeI would decide where to go and my parent sould accept it because I'm still going to college like they wanted me too.

This is a rather deep thought to me. My beliefs are different from my parent's beliefs, and they really should accept them. I am going to college no matter what, but I feel that I should decide where I want to go. You know, I think I'll be having another talk with my father and mother because it seems that they are trying to be perfectionists. They only expect the worst to happen if I go to the college that's 900 miles away from where I live, but I know that the best can't be expected even if I only go 30 miles away. My parents are so concerned about the distance and the cost, but I don't care for that. As long as my parents support me financially until I get myself my own place, then I will have no problem.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

redblitzkrieg

redblitzkrieg

Greatness, at any cost

my dad forcing me to take up engineering, if i will not take enginnering, he will not support me financially throughout my college..
i love programming and i dont want to bother with engineering nerds so i left the house with my pc, used my remaining bank savings and started a small business (desktop publishing, creating small applications, helping thesis students with their programs in exchange of money) and then enrolled at computer course.
Now me and my dad has a very distant gap, i only treat him as a comrade..

being independent is too damn hard my friend, i found my self worrying more about my tuition rather than my exams.

U should talk to ur mom, just share to her your plans and goals in life, tell her that u have ur own dreams and road to walk on . . .
I wish i did that before..

â??Eye of twilight, give us sight.
Take our offer, give us might.
Make our power tears of night.â??

I think the best you can do is to live by yourself. Leaving alone , away , being independent teaches you more about life than any school. Choose what you really want . In my experience I started to study something I didn`t wanted in a place I also didn`t wanted. Two years after I realized that I needed to start again otherwise I couldn`t be happy. Im starting to study something I like, maybe its a risky business cos I don`t know if it`s going to work out but at least it is my choice and I`m doing my best. Decide for yourself not for the others. Find your way even if it is not accepted by your friends, parents, society , etc. Live your own way .

Cagari

Cagari

Eh?

Well, my momma swears, worries, and fights over the smallest of things, althogh most of them are directed at my father. I'm sick of it, and my sister and I tell her to stop......but......yah.....

1. Yeah like totally. My parents tell me to be a doctor, so I really do want to be a doctor, but I have no idea what I want to be though, so right now I'm working on that. I don't really get into fights with my parents though, because I stay isolated in my room doing my homework.
2. Most of the time, yes, but sometimes I don't. It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm doing something to help somebody, of coutse I feel good, but if I'm doing something to cause the fall of a person, partially I feel good, but I also don't.
3. I go to what I want, but I will also let my parents recommend some colleges for me, because, they are wiser.
4.I want to live by myself, but I will visit my parents occasionally. And if they say live with us, I will say that I am too old to be living with my parents and that I can have my own life.

PS: HOW IN THE world DO YOU PUT YOUR SIG in??!??!?! and never mind if my img comes up.....

[img]cagari.gif[/img]

DANTEXTX

DANTEXTX

Dantextx

Yopu see I know exactly how you feel and believe me your idea of going far from home to attend college is a good idea, I know because i went trough the same deal and I had to leave Ecuador and come to USA to study and later live here and believe I'm proud of me and they are too.
I hope you work it out and keep us posted.

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 55 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.