Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Being a Girl - Minitokyo

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

O.K this thread goes out to all the ladies....

Being a girl does you mom make you do everthing? It dosen't have to be your mom but you know what I mean.

Cause my mom tends to do that to me. Everytime she wants something done she yells out my name "ALISHA!!!" And when I do something for her she expectes it to be the best. Like washing the dishes and cooking the food. (I'm no good at cooking food btw) -_-

It pisses me off sometimes cause when my brother does it she dosen't tell him anything at all. But when I do it she's always reminding me "Don't forget to do this." or "Don't forget to do that." Her and my dad gets mad at me for not waking up early either. There always saying "Your a girl. Your suppost to wake up early and cook!"

I guess it's just there old way of thinking that the girl of the family is suppost to do everything. *sigh* I wish they wouldn't be like that. -_-

So I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

well, i have a sister, so the yelling is split between me and my sister :)

Minato

Minato

...scatter the dream...

It's only me and my father...and he has to work full time...so, I do most of the housework. It's expected of me.

Quote by kiri-chanwell, i have a sister, so the yelling is split between me and my sister :)

See I'm the only girl in the family. Plus I'm the middle child.

u sent me this even if im not a girl? u think im a girl? just kidding...well PM me soon!

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Uh, I'm a guy and I still get yelled at to do things around the house. -_-

i don't think this is just a girl problem.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Minato

Minato

...scatter the dream...

Quote by AlishaO.K this thread goes out to all the ladies....
Being a girl does you mom make you do everthing? It dosen't have to be
your mom but you know what I mean. Cause my mom tends to do that to me.
Everytime she wants something done she yells out my name "ALISHA!!!"
And when I do something for her she expectes it to be the best. Like
washing the dishes and cooking the food. (I'm no good at cooking food
btw) -_- It pisses me off sometimes cause when my brother does it she
dosen't tell him anything at all. But when I do it she's always
reminding me "Don't forget to do this." or "Don't forget to do that."
Her and my dad gets mad at me for not waking up early either. There
always saying "Your a girl. Your suppost to wake up early and cook!"
I guess it's just there old way of thinking that the girl of the family
is suppost to do everything. *sigh* I wish they wouldn't be like that.
-_-
So I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Hm...so...you're saying they force you to work?
What do you do, besides washing the dishes and cooking? I'm simply curious...

Quote by EternalParadoxUh, I'm a guy and I still get yelled at to do things around the house. -_-
i don't think this is just a girl problem.

Yeah I guess. But for my family it isn't that way. All the girls are suppost to do all the cooking and cleaning while the guys to all the "manly" stuff.

LoneTenchi

LoneTenchi

Has come back to MT

Tell me about it....my mother is always gone since she works late and expects me to make sure the house isn't a mess. Yet my two BOY cousins who live with me don't have to do anything. When I ask why it's only me I always get the same replay. Its because your a girl.GOD SO annoying!!! I'm the only one who ever cleans and they all sit on their lazy butts doing nothing. So not fair, I just what to shot them all sometimes...well ya, thats just my life problem. -_-

Signature

well, i don't mind doing the housework, and my mother doesn't yell at me either. so i believe that's what a good japanese housewife should be, a quiet and composed woman of the house.... :D

well, I have two sisters, so it gets split between us. but i don't see why earning your living in your parents' house is such a bad thing~

25chai

25chai

Remorseful One

Im not a gal. But I think your mom is really too much, coz she is expecting u to carry all the housework burden.

For me, I got a sister at home. We split our household work evenly. Like I use to mop floor, clean toilet, wash my own clothes and we wash our own dish after meal.

So basically, I have to do all that although Im a guy too. ^^

Priscilla, I Love You.
Signature
Temari's Sig credited to Rebel Soul Kaze Sama.

Quote by MinatoHm...so...you're saying they force you to work?
What do you do, besides washing the dishes and cooking? I'm simply curious...

Yeah basicly. I do everything spt the "manly" jobs.

Quote by LoneTenchiTell me about it....my mother is always gone since she works late and expects me to make sure the house isn't a mess. Yet my two BOY cousins who live with me don't have to do anything. When I ask why it's only me I always get the same replay. Its because your a girl.GOD SO annoying!!! I'm the only one who ever cleans and they all sit on their lazy butts doing nothing. So not fair, I just what to shot them all sometimes...well ya, thats just my life problem. -_-

That is exactly how I feel!

Quote by miyukikobayakawawell, i don't mind doing the housework, and my mother doesn't yell at me either. so i believe that's what a good japanese housewife should be, a quiet and composed woman of the house.... :D

I guess you can call me the American Chick who thinks that wemon have a role in life other then cooking and cleaning.

LoneTenchi

LoneTenchi

Has come back to MT

Quote by keikkiwell, I have two sisters, so it gets split between us. but i don't see why earning your living in your parents' house is such a bad thing~

...you got a point there...but not when your the only one who has to do this and just because your a girl.

Signature

Minato

Minato

...scatter the dream...

Quote by AlishaI guess you can call me the American Chick who thinks that wemon have a
role in life other then cooking and cleaning.

Oh...what would the world come to if women didn't cook, and clean, and bear children? And what would happen if the men didn't tend the livestock, and chop the wood for the fire?...

well, i'm certainly very happy right now with my routine, going to the local university and coming home to cook dinner and do the housework everyday when i have time

fabismine

fabismine

Aladdin+Anime

Yes!!!! My mother is so sexist: I'm always the one supposed to wash the dishes or help her with stuff. That's why men are so spoiled and dumb nowadays!!!

Signature

I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be...

Quote by MinatoOh...what would the world come to if women didn't cook, and clean, and bear children? And what would happen if the men didn't tend the livestock, and chop the wood for the fire?...

I'm saying that wemon can do the samething men can that's all.

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

In general, female children do more around the house than male children. It's sexist, but it's just the way it goes.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Quote by fabismineYes!!!! My mother is so sexist: I'm always the one supposed to wash the dishes or help her with stuff. That's why men are so spoiled and dumb nowadays!!!

*laughs* Yeah that maybe ture.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote by AlishaI guess you can call me the American Chick who thinks that wemon have a role in life other then cooking and cleaning.

That's hilarious. No the you have to do all the work part, but the American chick part.

It's good to do housework. But when parents expect that you do all of it regardless and yell if you do less than perfection, then there's a problem.

Edit:
Not all men are "dumb." Yes, many men are not very helpful around the house. *cough dad cough* but hey, at least I do housework. :)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

well, i'm living alone right now, but my mum still calls once a week to check up on me,through the phone and also through a visit

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

My step-mom does that more then my mom does. My step-sis and I are always doing most of the work, while my step-bro doesn't have to do hardly anything, or he gets off with just a little bit. He still helps, but I think my step-sis and I do most of the work. It gets irritating. >.<

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Cadi

Cadi

True

My dad is a ocean away and my mom is just too busy working all the time. The truth is I barely even really know my parents. All this time alone, I"m expected to do chores around the house, like sweeping the floor, cooking meals, washing the dishes. And I'm used to it. I hate doing it though, but I know that my parents are too busy working, trying to imporve our lives... And they are working really hard and I have to work hard as well. Sometimes my mom makes me feel like that I"m never really good enough for her... and I could do more... I'm not a only child.. i have a step-sister, she is away at college.

Quote by AlishaO.K this thread goes out to all the ladies....
Being a girl does you mom make you do everthing? It dosen't have to be
your mom but you know what I mean. Cause my mom tends to do that to me.
Everytime she wants something done she yells out my name "ALISHA!!!"
And when I do something for her she expectes it to be the best. Like
washing the dishes and cooking the food. (I'm no good at cooking food
btw) -_- It pisses me off sometimes cause when my brother does it she
dosen't tell him anything at all. But when I do it she's always
reminding me "Don't forget to do this." or "Don't forget to do that."
Her and my dad gets mad at me for not waking up early either. There
always saying "Your a girl. Your suppost to wake up early and cook!"
I guess it's just there old way of thinking that the girl of the family
is suppost to do everything. *sigh* I wish they wouldn't be like that.

yea I know what you mean... like if you are a girl you are expected to do better or wake up earilerXD. this probably means that they love you a lot and they wish you have a good future... it might be why they are giving you to do all these work... to pepare you for the future.... aww XD I have no idea what I'm saying anymroe :hmpf:

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.