Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Being a Girl - Minitokyo

page 4 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

My brother sits on his lazy bum all the time and I do more of the housework than he does. :grump:

Fish13

Fish13

~Fishies~

my mom she doesn't really expect me to do much, she usually ask my twin sister to help her cause i can't really do anything, like cooking, i can't cook for beans, but i help clean around the house thats all i do

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

That's kinda sexist. I think it's stupid and pointless. Just wave your fist around in their face and they might stop. That is if you're rather strong.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

Im an only child and a girl so i have to make sure the house is clean it doesnt matter if your an only child or you a gazillion brothers or sisters lol my mother always expects me to keep things clean so yeah.

Signature Image

Not at all. But that is a touchy subject for me. If my dad tells me to do something like get him more food, another drink, I accuse him of being sexist and I make him do it himself. I feel guilty later, byt my dad is the traditional type who says, "You're a woman, you're supposed to do that." *huff* :hmpf:

no I do not have that problem at all. I just sit around the house doing nothing most of the time.

Hanazaki

Hanazaki

Current Anime: Hitman Reborn!

As the eldest of 4 siblings, I hold great responsibility as the head of the house. Paying bills, groceries shopping, taking good care of my youngest brother,etc. I'm not so good at cooking, coz that's go to my 2nd or 3rd sisters. All in all, it's great to work together. My mum and dad are quite busy with their own stuffs. Guess my family defends so much on me. :)

Signature

I'm the middle child, and the eldest sister in the family... and for some reason, my mom yells at my sister more than she does to me... x_x I'm pretty much the hardest person to control in the house... so that's probably why.. ^_^'

Itami-Chan

Itami-Chan

Mrs.Kakashi..and sn34k3rs master

heheheh well im the youngest and i have 3 older sisters usually they do the work unless no one else is home then my mom make me do chores but hehe i usually slack off >.<

sig and avvy made by k1ru! ^.^

im stuck doing most of the cleaning because im the youngest and both of my sisters are moved out plus i cant do whatever i want to do i have to do some cleaning or do something constructive and if i dont do that my parents will yell at me especially my dad cause he thinks i have no life but i do have a life its just different from his or hes jealous that he cant do what i am doing

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

being a girl does suck sometimes- and believe me, once you move out it isn't any better- lol

who ever decided to make females have to deal with a weak fragile body type, monthly pains and the like, then child birth must be hunted down and told a thing or two to :P ...

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be a guy tho- they're expected to be a strong, dominating type, and considered labour intensive work is nothing. I'd die :P lol...

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

MetalFire

MetalFire

where is my head

Don't take the sexist crap
draw a line
tell them a peice of ur mind. if they dont like it then. just start making everyboddy elses life a living hell. black cats. grenades just like master cheif. if they yell at you yell back. make some changes. you are urning rent but ur not the maid. no go back and draw lines. you are an american you have basic rights. there raising you like a recluced housewife. that is not todays amercan girl. if ur mom say's wake up. then you need to say. do it ur self. if hey kick you out then leave. go to a friends. that they dont know. then comeback in like a couple days.
they will respect. or just mabey demand some pay. ur could be pulling in maid money, chef money, i dunno. who cares about my opinion anyway. sorry for taking ur time

uchiha-saori

uchiha-saori

>>aRchAngeL<<

Quote by Alisha

Quote by EternalParadoxUh, I'm a guy and I still get yelled at to do things around the house. -_-
i don't think this is just a girl problem.

Yeah I guess. But for my family it isn't that way. All the girls are suppost to do all the cooking and cleaning while the guys to all the "manly" stuff.

hmmm... i have a lot of sisters so the cleaning, cooking, etc. is split... but it still happens when they aren't around... -_-

mishmash

mishmash

Happy Chappy

being the eldest and a girl... well there is the good days where my folks buy me what i want but then theres's those annoying days when you 'have to be a good example' study study study blah blah blah... -_-
otherwise, i can't wait to move out!

WWJD

mishmash

mishmash

Happy Chappy

being the eldest and a girl... well there is the good days where my folks buy me what i want but then theres's those annoying days when you 'have to be a good example' study study study blah blah blah... -_-
otherwise, i can't wait to move out!

WWJD

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

Quote by AlishaO.K this thread goes out to all the ladies....
Being a girl does you mom make you do everthing? It dosen't have to be your mom but you know what I mean.
Cause my mom tends to do that to me. Everytime she wants something done she yells out my name "alisha!!!" And when I do something for her she expectes it to be the best. Like washing the dishes and cooking the food. (I'm no good at cooking food btw) -_-
It pisses me off sometimes cause when my brother does it she dosen't tell him anything at all. But when I do it she's always reminding me "Don't forget to do this." or "Don't forget to do that." Her and my dad gets mad at me for not waking up early either. There always saying "Your a girl. Your suppost to wake up early and cook!"
I guess it's just there old way of thinking that the girl of the family is suppost to do everything. *sigh* I wish they wouldn't be like that. -_-
So I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

.....they lived in a age where girls did that...the girls allways did the house works and the boys where working whit there dads or somthing(that was VERY long time ago) and maybe your parents are like doing the same?.....argh my dad allway expect much from me in school...when i am home my mom yells to me...clean your stuff up and bla bla <_<...but it is my smaller sisters who are washing the stuff of.....i normaly tell her
i am NOT going to tuch THAT....im not a girl....
but you should just tell them what you think about it......(lets say you wanna merry..you tell them you dont whant to merry whit sombody who dosent help out in the house)...cuz some people do like this...wife=stay house and do the stuff and men= go working...tell them that you dont whant to do it....(i dont know if you wanna or not)...my mom and dad are saying we are gonna merry you whit a fine girl who washes the dishes up and bla blaaaaaa...i tell them i will only do what i whant to...so if i say no to merry then it is no...
lol we dont live in the stone age anymore....we live in a new generation...where woman and men have the same rights...so if the girl have to wash up..then also the boy....thats what i think.....

It is time for you to drown

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

Ok let's look at this from their stand point real quick (BTW I'm a guy...but I think I know what's going on)

To you ladies that get yelled at for this stuff, look at the dynamics of you're own household. What role does each of your parents play? Meaning, is your mom the one doing all the housework, cooking, getting up early to cook and such and such? If you answer yes then what's going on here is simple, they are teaching you how to be a "housewife" as they are. They are doing to you, what was done to them by their mother/father to prepare you for adulthood as they see fit to teach you.

There isn't much you can do, telling them no or that it's waste of your time will only provoke them more. It sucks I know, but look at it this way, they are just trying to help you out in their mind. Might as well get use to it now, as parents will do that your entire life. Look at it this way, your mom had to go through it when she was your age and I am willing to bet money that your grandmother was WAY more strict and hard on her than your mom is on you. Your best bet to ease the difficulty of this experience is to ask your mom about how it was for her as a child. Be careful here, don't do it in a whining voice or while she's harassing you. Just one day when she has some down time and you're doing your own thing, walk up and ask her, "What was it like when you were my age?" You'd be surprised, if you handle it right you can lead her to figuring out what she's doing on her own and then she might ease up. As I said BE careful!!! If handled wrong this can and WILL backfire on you and hard!

I'm an only child and a boy, but I still got a hard time for cleaning the house and stuff. No where near the degree that I've read here, mostly just harassing me for not doing it yet, but when I talked to my parents and lead them to discover that they were acting like their parents they eased up. One thing every parent fears, is turning into their own parents...there is always something about them that they don't want to become...so let them figure out if they've become that...

Signature

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

i am a guy too
being a girl definitely means you need to show more care than the guys

Anaxa

Anaxa

Wish

Ok... about me?

My mother is at work most of the time, and I stay at home with bro... and he's son picky, he's too annoying!!.. and the worst isn't it... my mom, when she arrives home, she comes really moody... another annoying person at home. And, it's even more annoying that she pertends to make you another person, that kind that you always hated. So... my situaion isn't good... but It's a fact of patience... until I go home hehe.

No matter what you play, if you can move the warm light
Idly sitting by, letting the tide slowly rise around and embrace you

Signature

moonaki

moonaki

relaxxx.......

I have that yelling problem everyday, every single day that is(seriously).I kinda of hate being a girl because your more troublesome and you have more pressure on you than guys if you notice,majority is said that to be so, as scientist discover.Guys don't see me when I try to look good or show my manners they just see a friend a human not the little things you do to get notice!No one respects me for a girl and I get mad and forget about it from time to time........I hate that but it doesn't matter cause it's not worth it or I don't give a care!So that's me just a girl where no one sees!...... :) I hate and love myself at the same time but more hatred!

Kittymoon

Kittymoon

Me-ow!

Dont complain too much...
I have to do everything because Im the only child. Wash the dishes, clean the floor, vacum [sp?], mow the lawn, clean the bath room, feed the pets...
SSDD. Oh well.

Konnichiwa, I'm here to kill you!
Thank you XesT for the lovely avy!!

Well being a girl in my family, my brother makes me do everything. He's so lazy! He tells me to do something while I have my hands full with something else. And he's the one not doing anything! My brother, being 6 years older than me, does not even bother to get out of the house & find a job.
My mom, she does her own things around the house. Like maybe I forget to do one of my chores... she would do it for me. She would tell me and I would thank her. My father is a drunk, so he sleeps all day & parties all night.
So my brother is the only person I have a problem with. He's alright, but I hate his hypocritical nature, his laziness. Also that because he's the oldest guy in the house, he can boss me around like I'm his maid. :angry:

i was just venting out some anger and this is a good thread to do so. Thanks!

sailoruniverse

sailoruniverse

supreme archer

Quote by MinatoOh...what would the world come to if women didn't cook, and clean, and bear children? And what would happen if the men didn't tend the livestock, and chop the wood for the fire?...

honey it would be the other way around. We are not saying that women should not cook and clean or bear children. its just that, if we dont want to do it, than we dont have to. its just another sterotypcal type towards women. Back in the day, it was percieved as the man of the family working and providing food for the family. Where as the women were not allowed to work and there only choice was to bear the children, clean and cook. Times have changed and now the female works just as hard as the male. So why do we have to be subjecated to do the housework?

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

alisha i may misjudge your parents but i do think its kinda of wrong that they expect you to wake up eairly and do house cleaning and cooking all by yourself, they act like people from 80 years ago when girls were expected to do what wemon do. Im a male and i cook sometimes for my parents(i do like cooking though) but i do house cleaning, mowing, dishwashing, and everything else that needs to be done. i do think its unfair for you alisha that your brother only does the manly stuff because it really its'nt that hard(im just lazy) and that he does no inside work like dusting and dishwashing, ect or that he dosent help you in any way. i help my sister if she needs it. my dad only gets on my case cause im a little lazy and i really dont want to do the work

page 4 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.