Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you like to see in Wallpapers? - Minitokyo

What do you like to see in Wallpapers?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I've found a lot of my works, although I thought they were pretty good, go mostly unnoticed.
For example, this one : http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/115287/

Now, I want to know what all of you look for in a wallpaper? Do you like complexity or simplicity? Do you like the wallpaper to focus on a singular color or minimal set of colors, or do you prefer a wide assortment of color blends? Do the specific characters used matter?
What is your favorite anime to be walled? :) If a lot of people replied it would give us all some insight into what to make to better MT as a wallpaper community. ^_^

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I would like to see some more of the FMA wallpapers!! And mabey some more wallpapers that have at least two people in it instead of one. :D :hmpf:

Signature Image

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I like something that looks good on a desktop, not simply standing alone. Having a good scan helps a lot. One thing is that I tend to browse by series when bored, and when I find someone who posted something I like, I also browse their gallery and sometimes add them to my friends list so I get notified of new uploads. So having the right hooks helps catch new fans.

I did download the one you posted.

I am invincible!

cmkmstephens

cmkmstephens

ARrrrrrrggg!

It all depends on the wallpaper, quite simply I'll favourite any wallie I really like. Sometimes it's because it has used a small variety of colours really well, sometimes it's because it has used a wide variety well. A wallpaper pretty much always has to have a good scan, a well extracted scan, and a scan that fits in with the background. Typically I pay attention to wallpapers from shows I've seen, though I browse through the favourites, unknown, and unknown eechi alot.

I also like them to fit on my 1280x1024 desktop.

Some series like Gundam whatever I tend to like wallpapers with the gundams in them better than the people.

I want to see a Tama-Chan wallpaper...

It just have to be a great wallie, it really doesn't matter on anything specific. Just what I deem great.

Signature Image

chibi-kyo

chibi-kyo

Purupurupikopuyo

I only want walls.. that are from ppl in my friendlist.. and I want looooads of fanservice, a dark sky with a bunch of stars and a biiiig biiig moon...

attention.. look out for my sarcasm~ *coughs*

In reality I like mostly very simple walls with a.. how can i describe it? an atmosphere that fits my current mood~

Merma

Merma

Wingless

I like to see the character cutted out perfectly and many many really NICE effect :D and nice colors :P

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Quote by chibi`kyoI only want walls.. that are from ppl in my friendlist.. and I want
looooads of fanservice, a dark sky with a bunch of stars and a biiiig
biiig moon...
In reality I like mostly very simple walls with a.. how can i describe
it? an atmosphere that fits my current mood~

I swear, sometimes I feel thats what people really want. LOL.

Caiobrz

Caiobrz

Wispy

Hmmm

I totally get your point Sunira ;) I've tryed hard to try and do some wallpapers that would win favs (I call them fav-attempts), and most often the ones I have received more favs are the ones I personally didn't like at all.

For instance, I realized that abstract wallpapers will very rarelly get favs (unless you have 100+ friends). Also wallpapers that use stock pictures also have low chances of getting favs. However, wallpapers where you actually "draw" and take your time to explore some artistic sides often get more fans. I also noticed that people just love starry/cloudy skies >_> meaning: walls that clearly gave you lots of works will eventually get more favs, people will reckon your work even if they don't really love them.

Anyway, finally, the most important thing is to have lots of friends at your friends lists >_> sadly it's the ultimate truth. After I started adding lots of people and participating more at MT comunity, and got more people to add me to their friends lists, I started receiving twice favs, and more. That just makes sense: after a few minutes your wall will leave main page, and then will leave page 1 of wallpapers, and only the eventual bored person who browse thru "old" (24h) submissions will see/fav them. However, your "friends" will get a notice, and will visit regardless how old your submission is, and are prone to fav it if it's good ^^

sooo ... I quit making walls to get favs, the 3 walls on my "top 3" were done to that, and got what I wanted, but I dislike some aspects of them. The ones I like often don't reach 10 favs LOL

In short: if you want to wall for fun or do pretty wallpapers, just forget favs, you will never get them, unless you are lucky or popular (100+ friends). If you want to get favs, get to the favourites and realise people love skyes/moons/clouds and lightning effects, and flood the forum and friends list to make people add you are their friends. Most walls that get 100+ favs you will notice the author have 100+ friends =p

p.s.: I have only some 20+ friends and I'm satisfied with it =p
p.p.s.: in a direct answer to the topic, I like to see simple bgs with cute characters on it xD

Quote: I only want walls.. that are from ppl in my friendlist.. and I want looooads of fanservice, a dark sky with a bunch of stars and a biiiig biiig moon...

haha bingo =p

Signature
Extensive quality reviews and some wall/scans, visit!
http://www.daisuki.com.br

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

The merits of complexity and simplicity really depends on the theme intended and subjects used.

Some of my favorite wallpapers use a simple character layout and a simple background. However, the simplicity in those cases best achieves the themes that the artist desires and also best invokes the emotions in the viewer. For example, if the artist wants to convey serenity, then I think it's best if simple hues of a cool color is used.

There are also wallpapers for which complexity is best. Wallpapers that intend to depict conflict, tension, and passion, etc, are best when respective degrees of complexity conveys those themes and emotions.

Thus, for me, the best wallpapers, and any other art work, are ones in which the colors, textures, hues, tones, subjects, and background all come together to best convey a certain theme. Depending on that theme, simplicity or complexity may work best.

Have fun making walls. ^_^

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

I would have to say that I like walls that have a good use of the scans and the background maches with the scan. Also a wall that's different then the others. Good use of colors would be another one.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

i like walls that will look good on anybody's desktop..whether it's grungy,simple or downright chaotic,as long as it looks good..also,i fave walls that has obviously demanded serious effort from their authors..

i like every type of walls, they just have to be of anime or manga. i like walls that show us what the author was thinking. yep is much like that =)
i'm sorry if i can't express myself very well but i'm a 16 years-old portuguese girl so my english is not so good T_T

Kumiko-H

Kumiko-H

Professional reader

I like to see wallies that really express the creators feelings or the feelings of the character in the wallie. Emotions move me the most.

Signature
All I want to do is read all day long. Can someone tell me how I can get a job like that! LET'S LEAD THE PROFESSIONAL READERS REVOLUTION!!! Any takers???

Oooo you! I actually have your Sakura wallpaper (or one of them?) on my desktop right now ^_^. I normally do look around and admire the scenery, I just don't tend to comment unless (in my opinion) there's something wrong with it. And while posting good comments can help encourage the artist, I feel that they should be able to get their encouragement from their own thoughts on their creations, not mine.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Well you seem to be doing pretty well in your wallpapers anyway... we had to start an MT group... the UnderAppreciated (link in my signature) and recruit members in order to discuss what people like in those most faved walls. I have benefitted from it greatly... after some analysis of what people like in their walls and stuff, but it's a very slow process, especially when you don't have much of a reputation and people just simply don't even want to look at your stuff. And then there's always the factor that well... simpy lots of people download and don't want to leave comments or add to their faves... such is life ^_^' Heaps of good stuff is overlooked, but ... what can I say? XD

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

lensterknight

lensterknight

Ah, the leeching.

Your walls will keep on getting unnoticed until your friendlist gets to around 150 people, pretty much.

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

Support! Support!! The Underappreciated Group!!! I still can survive bcos of this group!!!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Sakura01

Sakura01

|| Summer Memories... ||

I want to see a lot of kawaiiness on the wallie , Nya!

||Love Always, Sakura01||

I like dark colors,and images with very little cut offs of the people on the wallpaper

I like an artistic simplicity, I'm not fond of overly busy walls, besides that, see the words under my sig? ^_^

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Quote by MatthewmcI like dark colors,and images with very little cut offs of the people on the wallpaper

Oh, so, more work from the artist and less of the scan taking up the entire page? That makes sense.

Quote by SalukiI like an artistic simplicity, I'm not fond of overly busy walls, besides that, see the words under my sig? ^_^

I know! So do I!! I should look into making more guy walls. I think I only have one right now.

Quote by lensterknightYour walls will keep on getting unnoticed until your friendlist gets to around 150 people, pretty much.

I was hoping to get by on skill...maybe you are correct...success is 50% what you know and 50% who you know right?

Quote by Sakura01I want to see a lot of kawaiiness on the wallie , Nya!

So do I. :D Cute walls are really attractive.

Quote by Kumiko-HI like to see wallies that really express the creators feelings or the
feelings of the character in the wallie. Emotions move me the most.

I will try to convey more of the feeling. :D

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

What i like to see in walls is originality with a good sence of style. The angel girl with long hair and the shiney moon in the background get boring after u see it a hundred times. Also there need to be more walls with guys in general, i find too many walls with all the pretty girlz too. Anyway i balence my walls, when it comes to gender. Half my walls are without anime charecters tho.. im more an abstract artist.

But if ur looking to get favs. Three tips.

1. Large charecter, big enough to recognize in the tumbnail.. not too big either. If its a popular Anime charecter specially, the fans need to be able to recgonise the charecter for them to click on the walls

2. The thumbnail has to look good.. some walls look great when they're full size, but if the thumbnail looks horid.. noone will click on it. To get good looking thumbnails, u usually have to have colors in large groups so they dont blur when shrunk, and maintain their vibrance.

3. Truth be told, u gotta have a lotta ppl on ur FL if u want massive favs, thats something that takes time. Try adding all the ppl who previously commented or added a fav on ur walls to ur FL, those are the ppl who will usually give u favs again and again.

btw.. i just assumed all these from what i see on MT, i dun care about the favs, so i havent followed any of these tips yet lol. My style is one thats not found too common on MT, so i dont plan on getting thoes favs

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

lensterknight

lensterknight

Ah, the leeching.

Quote: 3. Truth be told, u gotta have a lotta ppl on ur FL if u want massive favs, thats something that takes time. Try adding all the ppl who previously commented or added a fav on ur walls to ur FL, those are the ppl who will usually give u favs again and again.

Let the spiral of mediocrety begin!

Don't fight the system, help MT to become a truly shitty friend-based community!

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

Quote by lensterknight

Quote: 3. Truth be told, u gotta have a lotta ppl on ur FL if u want
massive favs, thats something that takes time. Try adding all the ppl
who previously commented or added a fav on ur walls to ur FL, those are
the ppl who will usually give u favs again and again.

Let the
spiral of mediocrety begin!
Don't fight the system, help MT to become a truly shitty friend-based
community!

amen

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.