Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should Square-Enix remake Final Fantasy VII? - Minitokyo

Should Square-Enix remake Final Fantasy VII?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

I think it's a good idea to remake Final Fantasy VII for PS3 because I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, and FFVII just happens to be the best game in its time for the Playstation. What do you people think?

I think VII was the best outta them all storywise but the graphics is the only thing holding it back now, a remake would. . no. .a remake MUST be done, if they learned anything from X-2 is that they sell like hotcakes. -Threatins Square-enix-

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

A good sequel is fine, but a remake would be suicide.

Though it would be nice to see Cloud and the gang in full 3D glory that next-gen console can offer, storywise it would be the same. Nothing new for the people that played it from start to finish, maybe a few minor gameplay tweaks but nothin more.

a Final Fantasy vii-2 is still the best bet. More like Advent Children the Game. Let's just hope that Advent Children delivers and brings justice to Final Fantasy VII.

Signature

That's true, My excitement was blinding me from the fact of I'd know everything that was gonna happen.

I'd like to think they'd atleast do something new with VII considering it is the best. I would be mad if it was anything else but VII re-done or sequalfied first.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

The FF series hasn't really been making any waves in the gaming industry recently...

Everyone has been raving over Advent Children forgetting the disaster that was Spirits Within.

As long as they can provide a good story and great gameplay, I think it's safe to say that a Final Fantasy VII sequel would be nice...

Signature

destati

Yuusha-Oh

Hell no. I've already played FF VII once, there's no way I'd do it again. A sequel...maybe, but FF VII's ending didn't leave much room for a sequel. I'd rather have Square-Enix spend time making new games instead of remakes or sequels to existing FF games.

I would love it if they did but if they alternated too many things i wouldn't like it!! ANyways the playstation 3 is so sexy. I saw it on E3 today.

FF7 in full 3D glory... a dream that is unreachable. i don't think square-enix is going to remake ff7... a shame, really. i liked the game.

Hell yes. I hope they will.

Yes They Should...

If you can't see the point... get a new POV...
Signature Image

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I would like to see them remake FF7. Though I not a big fan of ff7... it was one of the best game for the PS1. But if you think it's the best of the series... I believe it's not. I love and would like to see a remake of FF6 (FF3 for snes). The best FF series in my opinion. The best story, gameplay and cast of characters.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Ghai

Ghai

Xullreyvias

a remake with the graphics like those from the ffx2 will definitely hit the world by storm. the great storyline form 7 alone was enough to cover up for its lwoer quality graphics. imagine if they made the graphics better

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

It is heralded as one of the best FF in the series, so a remake would be nice. Not sure it would be a financially wise move though.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

diamarrr

diamarrr

Does it matter?

ahah ffx2??nah its ps3 for crying out loud im expecting it to be much better than ffx2 way much infact......and about a remake i dont see why not it is after all the best of the ff series.....but a sequel should be expected from it as well ;) hehe

rslgto

rslgto

Der Wille zur Macht

Like what his face said, Square Enix should focus on making new games not reviving old ones

"Condemn me, it does not matter. History will absolve me!" - Fidel Castro

~Run Kasumi Run!~

PsionicMatrix

PsionicMatrix

PsionicMatrix

Well, I totally disagree. I enjoy the final fantasy series and after playing most of them, I would have to say that I enjoyed FFVII's gameplay and layout with materia slots.. etc more than junctioning with ff8 (which I hated) I totally forget what the ff9 leveling up was like but FFX's sphere Grid didn't impress me so to say.. keep it simple thats what fans want. So I totally think they should redo final fantasy VII, the fans would eat it up (like me) cloud ownz!

Insert Witty Remark here.

Y'know, ffvii was incredible. By far the most significant event in my life to date. j/k... Anyway, The story was grand but the graphics left a lot to be desired. If Square-Enix would take to it once more and give it the dynamic graphics X-2 has or better (which they would do), it would be a best seller again. But... who honestly thinks they would do it. Afterall, it took them years to realize that making Advent Children would change the world as we know it (and make them mad cash in the process). It is as yu-chan put it, "a dream that is unreachable."

I am the milkman. My milk is delicious.

Pendragon

Pendragon

Without Guile

Well, from my knowledge, they're already working on something like ffvii redone. They're calling it final fantasy VII: Tech Demo lol. It's at E3 this year 'cause I saw a clip of the intro movie completely redone and there are pictures on Square-Enix's website. I don't know if I'm allowed to post pictures or not, but I will if I can.

Signature
"If the enemy thinks of the mountains, attack like the sea; and if he thinks of the sea, attack like the mountains." ~Miyamoto Musashi

In all honesty, I believe Square-Enix can do it, and some of you guys are right, they should make a sequel even though they thought of one already its call Dirge of Ceberus: Final Fantasy VII, but then again its time is suppose to be before ffvii like a Prelude before the time of VII. I appreciate the feedback in this forum. thanks :)

yeah seriously they really should. final fantasy vii was the best ff ever besides the lame graphics but it was a big step up from ffvi. square-enix should remake it and maby make it a little longer because i think it was kinda short. maby put some advent children properties in it . that would seriously rock!

Signature Image

Hmm..that could be an idea, playing with Cloud when he was 16? Or perhaps Sephiroth could be the main character. The story could be this: The begin is when Sephiroth joined Soldier and end could be how he end the war. Oooow booy, my mind is getting crazy.... :D

http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614940/vids_1.html I wish this was the beginings of a remake.

I would like to see square remake VII.

Quote by jakulitoa Final Fantasy vii-2 is still the best bet. More like Advent Children the Game.

Agreed. I don't see the purpose of remaking ffvii - that'd never bring them any great profit, and I don't really care about the gfx (used to SNES RPG:s, so whatever).

If animals aren't supposed to be eaten - why are they made out of meat?

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

if square enix did it, for any console it would sell like hotcakes no matter what

i know i'd buy it

so yes, they should imo

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.