Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 clamp, viz, tokyopop...which ones better? - Minitokyo

clamp, viz, tokyopop...which ones better?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

chichiri1907

chichiri1907

Sweet Dreams

For some reason i've always waundered which manga company was more succesful than the other so please vote on the company that created the most mangas that you love
*note: yes clamp is part of tokyopop but their work is completely different*
i would chose clamp^^

Signature Image
Suuki <3 made the amazing avatar/sig. set

fsn

hm, if am not wrong, clamp (like Production IG, or gainax, is a studio, Tokyopop and Viz (like DarkHorse Manga too) are publishers.... so... how can you compare them?

+ personal motto: Japanese Thinking, Otaku Creating.
+ member of:
__ForceFirefox! ~ Ecchi-Club ~ Pantheon ~ JapaneseLover
__Make-A-Friend ~ Section 9 ~ Elfen-Lied-Junkies ~ EVA-Children
+ kiss my GNOME-ish: foot
+ wallpaper in progress, stand by.

Vis and Tokyopop don't draw their own titles. They are only publishers. You can't even compare Tokyopop and clamp. Boccoli dosn't publish in the US, they're the japanese version of Tokyopop. So your question is really is only between Tokyopop, and Viz.

Viz never really had the market to aquire and produce many other titles until anime reached critical mass in the US. They were stuck doing the really big titles like Urusei Yatsura, Ranma, Maison Ikkoku, and Ah My Goddess. When anime reached critical mass, Viz couldn't make the adjustment fast enough from their expensive short-print-run large format books. All of their books were priced arround $20. Tokyopop came in, bought up the rights to a ton of titles, got them translated quickly and published cheaply. Viz just couldn't react fast enough.

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

clamp isnt an english publisher you crazy person!!!!!!!!!!
they are just a team of 4 females perhaps joined with tokyopop
and tokyo pop kind of writes stuff because ive entered a contest they had(rsom) twice
and the big format is so much cooler than the smaller print

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

yea, clamp's a group of 4 women who actually make the mangas.

viz and tokyopop just license and print. lol

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

chichiri1907

chichiri1907

Sweet Dreams

see i didn't know that, now i do^^

Signature Image

If I'm picking the manga company I like the most, I'd actually have to ignore the ones listed and choose Del Rey. They're the ones who publish my two favorite clamp titles in North America, and their quality is far above any other NA publisher I've seen.

chichiri1907

chichiri1907

Sweet Dreams

Quote by LordStyphonIf I'm picking the manga company I like the most, I'd actually have to ignore the ones listed and choose Del Rey. They're the ones who publish my two favorite clamp titles in North America, and their quality is far above any other NA publisher I've seen.

really? which titles r they?

Signature Image

I don't have Clamp. I have Shonen Jump, Tokyopop, and VIZ. I have more of Tokyopop. And Toykopop have more of my favorite series so I chose Tokyopop.

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

I have Tokyopop mangas more than Viz so Tokyopop is better, lol. Tokyopop is so popular. It does most of the mangas.

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

masterjesse89

masterjesse89

Master of ALL Things Spiffy

I dont know.... I have mostly tokyopop and the only series I have that isnt TP is ADV but I read alot of Viz.... Del Rey has xxx holic, Tsubasa, Gundam seed, and Negima.

Broccoli has 7 books here.... Juvenile Orion, Di Gi Theather, and a few other ones.

Quote: clamp isnt an english publisher you crazy person!!!!!!!!!!
they are just a team of 4 females perhaps joined with tokyopop
and tokyo pop kind of writes stuff because ive entered a contest they had(rsom) twice
and the big format is so much cooler than the smaller print

Screen Looker.... HOw did you do in R.S.of Manga?

Once I desire something... I cannot undesire it.
I cannot even try to resist. I will desire it until I have it.
But there is no end
No matter how much I take. I still want.

celebril

celebril

Follower of Toshiya - Basslord!

I like Tokyopop, they do all my fave mangas

Signature
	Image Without Toshiya there is nothing!
(colourbar by caged of creep graphics)
Proud member of album-critique // Gacktfans // J-Rockers // JMusic-Quiz-Lovers // Loveless-Neko // MT-UK

masterjesse89

masterjesse89

Master of ALL Things Spiffy

me too.... I don't see why people have a problem with tp????

Once I desire something... I cannot undesire it.
I cannot even try to resist. I will desire it until I have it.
But there is no end
No matter how much I take. I still want.

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

Tokyopop all the way!!! The only problem is that Yu-Gi-Oh Millenium World is published by Viz......... T.T

Signature Image

RabienRose

RabienRose

Love ya!

Well just to sat which publisher i like better ...it would probably be tokyopop cause they have brought out the most clamp titles!

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.