Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Can wars be resolved with peacetalks? - Minitokyo

Can wars be resolved with peacetalks?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

If everything would be resolved with peacetalks then wars wouldn't erupt, right? Then how come there are wars, well not exactly wars but arguments. I'm starting to doubt if there can be true peace. What are your opinions? I really need to know coz I'm a little confused.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Even if there were 'peacetalks' they'd just turn into 'peaceful' arguments about whose dick is bigger.

It's all about who can do what for who. There is no 'peace' and happiness. It's a constant struggle for opportunities, advantages, and power.

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

I think it's almost impossible, you'll need a lot of actions.

Pride comes before the fall

I don't know how to answer this... but... I hope it could... for us common folk... we don't want ur bombs...

If you can't see the point... get a new POV...
Signature Image

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

I think it can happen. Wars can be resolved with peacetalks. But there are also times that war can't be resolved with peacetalks... >.< It depends in situation...

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Only sincere peacetalks can be beneficial. Do you actually think that America and Iraq would reconcile after what happened?

You can only do so much with talking. No matter how much you show respect to another country in a peacetalk, rage will only make it seem that the other guy is talking but isn't saying anything.

Peacetalks are for slight political misunderstanding. You cannot resolved full-scale wars with talks.

Signature

Quote by az-chanIf everything would be resolved with peacetalks then wars wouldn't erupt, right? Then how come there are wars, well not exactly wars but arguments. I'm starting to doubt if there can be true peace. What are your opinions? I really need to know coz I'm a little confused.

No I don't ever think there will be a war where it will be settled by "peacetalk."

Man will hate and when we hate there's wars.

There's that point in time where you can't solve things with out something big happening like a war.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I'd like to be optimistic about human nature. I really do. Unfortunately, realize gets in the way.

Too many peacetalks have failed and too many treaties cast to the wind for me to really have much faith in our ability to set long lasting change. Although there are good examples of peacetalks that have averted war, there are more examples where they have not. :(

But I do think a peacable diplomatic dialogue must be the first option taken. War can never become our "best choice." Or at least I sincerely believe it shouldn't.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Wars can never end by "peace talks". That only happens when one side is losing badly and want to quit. The reason for war is our greed. We want something that others have but we don't. For example, US is attacking Iraq for its oil. No peace talk in the world can stop Bush form attacking it and wage a war with them.

Signature

NeverEnd

NeverEnd

~+The Ice Prince+~

i don't think war can be resolve by war,since war already showing that both side is ready to attack each other,no talk able to make them stop.Only time can decided when will it be stop

Signature Image
"Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed."
Founder: Jigoku-Tsushin-MT,The-Dark-Angel-Suigintou,MT-Lucky-Star,Rosario-Vampire

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

War CAN and HAS been resolved by peacetalk. Take the Cold War for example, two countries with enough power to annihilate desided that it might be better to just settle their differences. People are more educated nowadays, they can understand the loss that wars can cause. The war in Iraq was the result of an idiot president trying to make peace with an idiot dictator.. so u can see it doesnt allways work out. But i hope that our future presidents have enough knowledge to stop a war.

Signature Image
My Featured Wallpaper: Bleach - Renji
Feel free to browse my Gallery, comments appreichated.

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

Quote by LastDinosaurWar CAN and HAS been resolved by peacetalk. Take the Cold War for
example, two countries with enough power to annihilate desided that it
might be better to just settle their differences. People are more
educated nowadays, they can understand the loss that wars can cause.
The war in Iraq was the result of an idiot president trying to make
peace with an idiot dictator.. so u can see it doesnt allways work out.
But i hope that our future presidents have enough knowledge to stop a
war.

i agree, but i have to say, when there is no other option it is a necessity to fight.

besides, how many good first person shooters would there be without war or things like that?

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Quote by az-chanIf everything would be resolved with peacetalks then wars wouldn't erupt, right? Then how come there are wars, well not exactly wars but arguments. I'm starting to doubt if there can be true peace. What are your opinions? I really need to know coz I'm a little confused.

What the government says and what its people says are two different things. A government could come to terms with another, but the people could still be against that other government, so they keep fighting and attacking. See: Iraq, though most of said people are foreigners...

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

yes wars can be resolved with peace talks. i still believe in the essence of unity and healing. we just need to understand each other that's all. nice question az-chan.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Quote by screenlookeri agree, but i have to say, when there is no other option it is a necessity to fight.
besides, how many good first person shooters would there be without war or things like that?

If you are talking about man, and their need for a purpose in this world.. thats true too. Without wars, people would just have to live.. just live? No fighting.. not arguements.. just getting along for eternity.. what would it be like? what would be the point of countries if we're all one..what i predict for the future, if no more wars turn up.. the large corporations will start having more infulence on the world, right now they have the money to create armys.. what if these large companies started wanting power in the world? these companies are just getting bigger and bigger.. lol.. could be an intersting future to look forward to.

but if ur just saying people will never agree, thats likely too.. with so many different cultures, religons, types of government.. the only way we will all be able to get along is if we were all the same.. but what a boring life that would be.

Quote by Arinami

What the government says and what its people says are two different things. A government could come to terms with another, but the people could still be against that other government, so they keep fighting and attacking. See: Iraq, though most of said people are foreigners...

hmm.. Im pretty sure most people werent in favor of the war.. the reason that i see there was no peace made with Iraq is cause we have an idiot president here.. trying to negoiate with an idiot tyrant.. and what happens, they start a pointless war. In order for negoiation to occur, we have to have intelegent people making the deals.

Signature Image

Quote by angelrheayes wars can be resolved with peace talks. i still believe in the essence of unity and healing. we just need to understand each other that's all. nice question az-chan.

I don't think so. "Peacetalks" have only keep peace somewhere for only so long.

Quote by LastDinosaur hmm.. Im pretty sure most people werent in favor of the war.. the reason that i see there was no peace made with Iraq is cause we have an idiot president here.. trying to negoiate with an idiot tyrant.. and what happens, they start a pointless war. In order for negoiation to occur, we have to have intelegent people making the deals.

It was merely an example. Save the anti-Iraq war speeches for threads about so.

Wars erupt because people want more than what equal sharing will give them, they are greedy. To eliminate greed would eliminate the very source of these conflicts, however, greed is also the driving force of innovation and advancement. So take your pick, a greed filled world that continues to expand and develop (and survive somehow) or a peaceful world where we are all the same and have nothing because no one had any reason to try, we would probably already be extinct.

25chai

25chai

Remorseful One

If all the war can solved by peacetalk, this world no need die so many people lar.

Priscilla, I Love You.
Signature
Temari's Sig credited to Rebel Soul Kaze Sama.

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

Men are greedy a lieing, so even if they have peacetalks, I believe they'd find a way to get around it and try to be slick to get more power.....and this is sorda random, but i think that the only reason our dear mr. president bush is invading iraq is for the oil. thats just me though. dont wanna start nuthin.

If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.

LastDinosaur

LastDinosaur

Imperfect

Quote by SakuraMonsumiMen are greedy a lieing, so even if they have peacetalks, I believe they'd find a way to get around it and try to be slick to get more power.....and this is sorda random, but i think that the only reason our dear mr. president bush is invading iraq is for the oil. thats just me though. dont wanna start nuthin.

The point of democracy is so that these currupt men dont get into power.. the government should have to do what the people want, we elected Bush.. so it is our fault for his desitions.

Quote by 25chaiIf all the war can solved by peacetalk, this world no need die so many people lar.

In the past, there was no UNs.. no telephones, governments couldnt comunicate. The first 2 world wars were created by a lack of communication.. but i believe that mankind is evolving, there hasnt been such a grand scale war since. The war in Iraq is nothing, more people die of old age in a year than all the people who died in the war.. Take the Cold War for example, what could have turned into world war 3.. just turned into peace. Both countries had the firepower to blow up the world.. so what would they gain by doing so? People are starting to realize this.. Killing off everyone in the end is pointless, might as well just live.. and settle their differences. Arguments before were created by problems over land, now we have the UN to organize this. The only places that still have wars are the uneducated countries, where people just dont know better.. but sooner or later they will learn too. And finally we can live in peace.

Signature Image

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

You cannot finish a war with peacetalks. Peacetalks are useless on large wars. Wars can only be finished through war itself.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

I say no unfortunately without paying up a country's running funds of all possible revenue for the rest of the next ten years when after war stops.....such as the issue where IRAQ most probably have to let the US take up most of the oil through twist and turns before they can ever be free...that is the price of war but on a topic that it is also the only peace TALK that works....
No peace talks have been proven to last in all human history of wars....

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Not at all. "peace talks" merely let open wounds fester worse than they already are.

I am invincible!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.