Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 suggestion:group page(error notified+ideas) - Minitokyo

suggestion:group page(error notified+ideas)

page 1 of 1 3 total items

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

[EDIT : i have done some corrections ... excuse me for the bad english ^_^']

Hi everybody,

i would like to point some things i consider as a little weird concerning groups.
First i did a little forum search and i saw that i wasn't the sole person to have the same idea :
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/8343/ (27wk ago)
because this thread has no answers and that it's quite old i relaunch the discussion and explain my point which is maybe a little different from there.

1) there is one error on the query "browse gallery" under Most popular submissions of the group [insert name here]
this link leads to the listing of all works in minitokyo. If i believe the title it should list the submissions of the users of a group by popularity.
So if it is possible to correct this (or me if i misunderstood the sentence) it would be great.

2) here comes the suggestion. I thought at it particularly because of the doujinshi-support-club ( http://groups.minitokyo.net/doujinshi-support-club/ ) but it could be applied to all groups with a certain goal or purpose.

Well as you all know it is a group which promotes doujinshi, but if you see the most popular works, no one is a doujinshi ... so ok ... we click on browse category and we arrive on the listing of all works in minitokyo. So it's not that optimized.
Well it's for sure because of the presence of very famous waller and scanners that the most popular submissions are walls and scans. I don't say it's wrong but it hides the purpose or goal of the group in this particular case.

That's why i suggest a new query ; i ask for this because i know there will be more group features on mt3. This query would display the recent submissions of the members of a group.
A little like the query on the main page which displays the recent submissions, but here with a filters which select the group's members only. I think it's not that difficult to realize if the current structure of the database allows it.

And it isn't really forced to add a new query (but in my opinion it would be more user-friendly). Because if the error pointed on 1) is repaired, we can choose to list the submissions by date in the little menu.

It was to inform you and seeing what was your opinion on that point. I think such a new query could be really interesting for groups.

I thought about that after seeing the topic about friendlist ... it helps to be notified of people's submissions ; and it is really helpful concerning doujinshi artists. You get directly notified of the new works.
Having the new query would maybe lower this usage of the friendlist. Because to see the new doujin of the doujinshi support club or another of our favourite group, we would just have to visit the page and click on the "browse gallery" button.
It's true that in the case of doujin it can be done by browsing the doujin category by date of submission. But here it's more "group-oriented" ... lol ... i'm talking like my oriented object teacher :D ... *serious mode again*
for example , a manga group (where there are doujin,walls and scans). The member will not browse all walls , all scans and all doujins to see if the group did something new ... this wouldn't return what he's looking for. Having the new query would let him see easier if a group member (so a member who has some common interest with him) did something new which maybe concerns the purpose of the group.

Here i'm done. Please tell me your opinion. I only post this because i think group userpage upgrade is planned in the new version of mt. So please take this suggestion in count ^_^

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Ying

Ying

I'll Be Back!

I do agree with you Papy-san!
(2) But would that be easy to arange? (I have no idea how but I'm no moderator.... -_-)
and about just showing the most popular works, it's kinda unfair cause they will just get more and more popular while artists with for example lesser friends but really nice artwork fall in the shadows. Would it not be better if it was random?

Jupp, that's my opinions! ^_-

Signature Image

Where there's Yin there's always Yang

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

(2) knowing a little sql langage (concerning databases), it is possible to have such query if the structure of the tables allows it. We saw some design patterns which could easily allow such queries. That's why i propose this as a suggestion.

Quote by Yingand about just showing the most popular works, it's kinda unfair cause they will just get more and more popular while artists with for example lesser friends but really nice artwork fall in the shadows. Would it not be better if it was random?

that's a problem too ... i don't know if random is possible. here i'm not technically sure ...
About friends thing, the new query proposition could maybe lower the usage of friendlist as notify list ... maybe ... i tried to develop the point.
And well about most popular works ... it's how things work here ... i don't think the staff will agree to change that. But adding this recent submission query (a little like the one on the main page but with more filters (foreign keys, maybe new tables, ...)) is in my opinion possible and wouldn't change or disturb the current working of mt. It would be more user-friendly and it would offer a chance of people without friends to be notified. I think it's a quite good compromise

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.