Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Eurovision - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Is anyone else watching the Eurovision Song Contest? It is utter rubbish, but I feel I have to watch it to see how the politics mean that even though there are some ok songs, it's all about politics with the votes. Always makes me laugh ^^;; .

So, who else is watching?

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

I gave up watching it about 10 years ago... I thnk Terry Wogan puts me off more than the idea of sitting through hours of dire Euro-Pop ;)

Hehehehe we completely failed (uk). Im surprised the Irish gave us 8 points XD

And as you said, it's all political. Iraq war = no votes.

~knighty

Member of:
MT UK

Piotrek

Piotrek

Sound The Drones

I`m watching it right now. And sadly I have to admit it, it`s all about politics. One country gives highest points to a neighbouring country just to make it look like: "Hey, you`ve received 12 points from us, you know we like you". I hate it, seriously but it`s true it`s funny too ^_^ I would Norway or Hungary to win but I don`t think they`re gonna make it... And I`m really glad that my country (Poland) didn`t make it to the final. It would too big of an emabarassment. A Russian living in Poland singing a Gypsy song, bleh :P

Signature

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

I agree on the votes.
I only watched it to listen to the songs (some were really good).
I'll probably switch it back to see who wins, but if I won't see the result, no regrets.

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

I am currently watching this. The songs were a bit strange this time and some of them were quite similar to each other. For example Greece and UK was exactly the same (song, music, singer, performance xD). And Germany was the worst - I hate the singer Gracia (she came to the Grand Prix by chart manipulation just like Switzerland).

(edit)
Oh, Greece won. I wonder why the British clones didn't make so many points xD

pegassuss

pegassuss

peggie

uuuu You just reminded me of it, I forgot it was today, but I think I'm late now ^^' . Okay, now I'm watching it, anyway, you are completely right, every year is all about politics.

Signature
Proud member of: .::[Japanese] ::[Final Fantasy Fans]::.
Proud admistrator of: .::[Doujinshi-support-club]::. Do you like doujinshi? Then join us!
Do you like doujinshi? Then you may want to visit my gallery! ~~ *My latest submissions* : Farewell and Portrait

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

Lol. I hate it, but my parents insist on watching it. But hopefully it will be over soon so i can watch the last two eps of Fantastic Children! :)

Signature
"Rules are there to make you think before you break them."

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I pretty much avoid anything with "euro" in the title.

I am invincible!

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

Hate @ Javine >:O

Signature Image

anjovu

anjovu

the Eternal Traveller

just saw the result, not something important unlike few years ago I watched it.
Now, if I remember it or don't have anything to do I watch it.

Not really original with countries that are allowed to sing in English intead of their own language.
Main stream songs. Like pop music and consumering selling tracks.
All are not bad but 2-3h to get good stuff, I rather better to listen to music with Indy and reading a manga.

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

What is it? If its something like american idol, i might see the last episode or the first ones where they show the ridiculous entries.

Angel-on-Dragon

Angel-on-Dragon

DarkCrimson's Sex Slave

I didn't watch it... But as I have seen I haven't missed anything important... Germany was last place with 4 points... That's really...... ah, nevermind

Signature Image

Haha~ XD I just had to watch to see the Polish entry (thanks to Sigourney <lol>).. ah, it's amusing. ^_^' Some of them are amusing. Maybe one in ten are good. Most are, like you said, utter rubbish. I don't really care much about the politics thing, but.. oh well. I seem to watch for the cringe factor.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I don't watch it watch it, but I watch it if I'm desperate... I guess the show is ok... but some of the "talent" there is well... ^_^' It's like buying a can of tuna to find sardines inside instead o.O And strangely enough I find it funny those kids performing are my age or younger... feels so weird.. .@.@

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

I gave up watching it 3 years ago ... There isn't a big point in watching when Estonia fell out last year... but estonian band Vanilla Ninja participated , don't remember for which country tough...

anyway I really don't want to waste my sleeping hours :)

well, it was fun as it still used to be called ....errr....this french name thing ^^;...donno how to write, but it had character and was - at least - another reason for partying^^ it just used to be a classic. but nowadays.... its not better than any stupid pop idol show, stuffed into one long night, so i just read the result in the newspaper next day. i dont think that it is much politics, its more geography....or neighborhood. therefore iam glad that greece won. uk failed, but germany has failed much more and we are against iraq-war (*lol but must admit that it was the only correct voting this evening - the act was indeed awful ^^p - and Gracias permission to perform was the same like the american president election ^^p) however, hope we'll send another comedian next year to grand prix who doesnt care about this seriously ^^p ...may then i would watch parts of it again.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

LOL, we [UK] sucked so much and came about 3rd bottom >_> . Why do we bother joining in?

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Valary

Valary

FuRiouS

haha Bulgaria sucked too..It was our first time in Eurovision...
damn we sucked big time!

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

pop song contests make me sick to my core.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

fsn

suck ass!

first of all, the votes must be fixed :p, because i`m thinking, all the greeks voted cyprus and get the 12-points? this applies and others affiliations betweens countries.

also, people tend to get obsessed! >.< "aah we won" and blah blah blah... all vanity all the time T_T.
also, here (i believe this must happened to other countries too), there was a huge, enormous hype about the stupid song... hello? we cannot (out song, who cares anyways) vote so why so much hype? :S

www.nps2.org/images/paparizou.jpg (i got this link from a linix-related channel, lol!).

there is something definently wrong with this country (gr). ...

+ personal motto: Japanese Thinking, Otaku Creating.
+ member of:
__ForceFirefox! ~ Ecchi-Club ~ Pantheon ~ JapaneseLover
__Make-A-Friend ~ Section 9 ~ Elfen-Lied-Junkies ~ EVA-Children
+ kiss my GNOME-ish: foot
+ wallpaper in progress, stand by.

Suicide-Demon

Suicide-Demon

L!f3 !5 H3LL

Saw the last three votings...
YEAH, Gracia lost the contest! Just can't stand her music!
Hmm... Eurovision's always kinda political contest... there's NO song that sounds kinda good...
C U Aa-chan!

selimangagirl

selimangagirl

la luz de la luna

I see every year, but yesterday, only I saw the performance of Spain (my country) and the vote.

Sigourney

Sigourney

perfectAssassin

Quote by bucket-shotHaha~ XD I just had to watch to see the Polish entry (thanks to Sigourney <lol>).. ah, it's amusing. ^_^' Some of them are amusing. Maybe one in ten are good. Most are, like you said, utter rubbish. I don't really care much about the politics thing, but.. oh well. I seem to watch for the cringe factor.

Awww... Bucky >xd;;... and here I told you not to watch it xd;;...

Anyway... I try not to watch it ^^;;... but sometimes have to when my family is watching... why I don't watch? Well... because I know that the bands (Polish bands) that are chosen to take part in it... always suck ^^;... and I don't really want to die out of embarrassment ;p... + rarely there are bands/songs I like (from other countries) ^^;... really picky when it comes to music ;p...

Signature Image
Showtaro Morikubo-sama~<333

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.