Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ghost in the shell..the future... - Minitokyo

Ghost in the shell..the future...

Tagged under Ghost in the Shell

page 1 of 1 16 total items

ultimate540

ultimate540

Innocence Fleeting

For any of you who have watched ghost in the shell...what do you think is the possibility that our future will look anything like that? Do we have any good technology that comes even close lol? We know that if we do reach that level of technology Japan will have beaten us to it probably about 15 years before...but will we ever reach it?

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

If Japan beats us, we'll just buy it from them. Just like we do today...

shinobinokuro

shinobinokuro

Boku wa DDR GA SUKI desu

well japan has a big influence on the rest of the world eventually whatever they make in japan now we'l have here in about a couple of years but for the whole ghost in the sheel tihng.... its very possible i mean the more we experiment with technology the more technology wel have eventually we get to something like that . but who noes alot of things might happen before then so its a maybe for me but a possibility...yes

left out....................alot heheh ^_^

WindAlchemist

WindAlchemist

Waiting for you to find me...

well honostly i absolutely do not think that will ever happen.
the world probably wont even make it long enough to get that far, everythings falling apart too much as it is.

Signature Image

I think this is possible...
we may not live to see it though...

If you can't see the point... get a new POV...
Signature Image

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

Quote by SuniraIf Japan beats us, we'll just buy it from them. Just like we do today...

so true so true!! :D
I think that would be so cool and weird all at the same time. Being able to get into the internet from your head weird. I would never pay attention in school then( like i do now^__^). Have agreat weekend~see yah after final^__^ :) :D :pacman:

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

TygerStryke

TygerStryke

Cuz I'm a Rude Boi

Well, it's the most plausible view of the future that we know of. Mostly likely it is the route that companies and the high-tech biz will go, provided someone doesn't sneeze over a nuclear detonation button anytime soon. ^^;

hell yeah! it can be!!

The principle of Ghost in the Shell is that scientists have found a way to map the human soul. Sorry kiddos, but we just got theough mapping the human genome. Defining the soul, like Ed and Al learned in Full Metal Alchemist, is practically if not always impossible.

TygerStryke

TygerStryke

Cuz I'm a Rude Boi

I think it's more of like the human conciousness. rather than the human soul. The self-awareness that one is alive and human is what Major Kusanagi has that defines her as being human verses Batou or Tougasa, who have cybernetic implants.

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

I think the GitS2: MMI manga gives a better glance at world culture in this fictional world. They have realistic AI, and they have fully cyborgs. What they don't have is an understanding of what makes a real person vs. just an AI. There seem to be trade offs involved in the differences.

Another detail worth considering is the more advanced technologists are almost at the level of noble caste. They have technology the the world does not.

Will we get there? You will see how much the politics play in this version of the world. "What humans don't understand, they fear." They combat fear with regulation. If we ever get there it will be long in the coming. It takes time to sort through that type of red tape.

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

you know..GITS is one of the coolest anime ever. hell, why can't it hapen!?

I think that future is possible but very far away. Its going to be another 50 years before we make a decent android and another 100 before we can start making cyborgs.

Signature Image

MizuhofanFFX2

MizuhofanFFX2

Mizuho Kazami's fan - FFX2 fan

Quote by NotTI think that future is possible but very far away. Its going to be
another 50 years before we make a decent android and another 100 before
we can start making cyborgs.

not so far may be 60-70 year next. why? who know but can you thing about this; 100 year ago did anyone can imagine now day we can chat with anyone in the world in our rooom. not thing impossible.

I think it will not be so far away because our technology goes on an exponential line...
But is true that we can't be sure that we're going to make it long enough...

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Actually I think it will be more along the lines of Planetes than Ghost in the Shell, although some of the "cyberization" shown in the anime is in the early stages of development today (think prosthetics work). Will we ever see full body prosthetics, probably not. Power would be a real issue so unless everyone became a small nuclear plant or the machines needed to do this run off of millivolts then its not going to happen.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.