Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Americans - Minitokyo

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 91 total items

O.K I DON'T want to start a riot in this thread but I was just wondering....

Why do some people think Americans are bad people who don't care?

I really dissagree with this because I'm an American myself and we at lease TRY to help the other countries. And I'm terribley sorry if we have ever done anything worng with your country.

Sure some Americans are jacka$$es but that doesn't mean all of us are that way. This goes the same with our President. He's trying but I agree some of the things he has done aren't very good decisions but he's trying.

PLEASE debait and not argu. And this thread isn't a complaint about the President either.

I thank you for your participation with this thread also. :)

zabuzademon

zabuzademon

sunagakure's pride

i think our contry tries to play the hero too much

DAIKIRAI><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Signature

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Hey come on, Americans aren't that bad. I am one myself. Well, even though we had a war with Iraq, we can't be all bad. Everybody has good and evil inside them. But most people don't like the president, like my dad.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

Quote by zabuzademoni think our contry tries to play the hero too much

Yeah that's true.... *sigh* Oh well... I guess it's the American nature?

Quote by soujiokitaHey come on, Americans aren't that bad. I am one myself. Well, even though we had a war with Iraq, we can't be all bad. Everybody has good and evil inside them. But most people don't like the president, like my dad.

That's ture. We've been in many wars but we've never been the agressers.

I dont think americans are bad people, gosh, my fiance is american lol

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Each country has good and bad people. We can not say all Americans are bad just because we met some bad Americans or you can not conclude that other countries are all good just because we met some good people from those countries. That's what I think ^_^

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

Quote by BarbaraEach country has good and bad people. We can not say all Americans are bad just because we met some bad Americans or you can not conclude that other countries are all good just because we met some good people from those countries. That's what I think ^_^

That's ture also. It's just that some peole don't understand that.

Quote: That's ture. We've been in many wars but we've never been the agressers.

That's open to debate. We've certainly never had any problems trying to provoke other countries into attacking us.

Quote by BarbaraEach country has good and bad people. We can not say all Americans is
bad just because we met some bad Americans or you can not conclude that
other countries are all good just because we met some good people from
those countries. That's what I think ^_^

Yesh, that is true. Very true. You should see how many evil people i've met in my country, canada, >.< This stupid woman on the bus threw a drink at me and told me to shut up just because i was laughing at a joke my friend said. Luckly i caught it and threw it back at her...IT WAS glass MUHAHAHA.......
yes, just because u meet a rude person from a country does not mean that the country is responsible for being the same....because they are not....MEOW

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

...........good question =o=''
war? massive pollution? dunno >w<'' I just perfer canada....even though it's almost as bad/good as usa @________@

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

zabuzademon

zabuzademon

sunagakure's pride

zabuzademons' GF: u guys threads are keeping my man away from me! lol, yea i agree with my Bf, we try to solve every cnflict in other countries

DAIKIRAI><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Signature

Quote by LordStyphon

That's open to debate. We've certainly never had any problems trying to provoke other countries into attacking us.

I just hope some people realize that also... :sweat:

Quote by broken-dreamz...........good question =o=''
war? massive pollution? dunno &gt;w&lt;'' I just perfer canada....even though it's almost as bad/good as usa @________@

he he... Yeah a lot of people say that also. They always perfer to go to Canada.

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

Quote by alishaaachyannnn
he he... Yeah a lot of people say that also. They always perfer to go to Canada.

>______< but I still would want to go to america for visits...sometimes I just think that america is just a tiny bit selfish I mean the healthcare!!! >w<'' ahahaha XD!~okay then again I"m selfish too lor~::shrugsshrugs:: dunno america has it's good points and bad and so does canada >3 yeppers!

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

Quote by broken-dreamz&gt;______&lt; but I still would want to go to america for visits...sometimes I just think that america is just a tiny bit selfish I mean the healthcare!!! &gt;w&lt;'' ahahaha XD!~okay then again I"m selfish too lor~::shrugsshrugs:: dunno america has it's good points and bad and so does canada &gt;3 yeppers!

*laughs* It's alright I understand. That's something that's been a down for us.

Look, I'm mexican living in America. It's not that people think Americas suck,just that they fight overso dumd things or make dumd choices.

Quote by BrokeNLiTeLook, I'm mexican living in America. It's not that people think Americas suck,just that they fight overso dumd things or make dumd choices.

No not actually. Not all of the things we've fought over has been "dumd" or have we always made "dumb" choices. I think you've just looked at our current condition. ;) A lot of our choices and wars have made a BIG impact on everyone. Some bad yes I know but really looking at it. It's been worth it.

Quote by LordStyphon

Not to mention the Bay of Pigs and supplying Iraq (I think it was Iraq, anyway) with weapons in the Iran/Iraq war. And not to kid ourselves, these things were done for political agenda, not some altruistic bull about "helping other countries."

That being said, it's impossible to label an entire country as "good" or "bad." In general, my policy on America is to love the people but hate the government. Or rather, the people in government.

"It is especially important to encourage unorthodox thinking when the situation is critical: At such moments every new word and fresh thought is more precious than gold. Indeed, people must not be deprived of the right to think their own thoughts. "

-Boris Yeltsin

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

The problem I see is that too many people make a few exceptions into a general rule, which then become the overwhelming stereotype.

Sure there are some people who lack the proper manners, but not all Americans are like that. Yet some people still think that those few individuals make up the general American population. -_-

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

onimakura

onimakura

under new management

Quote by zabuzademoni think our contry tries to play the hero too much

indeed, and everyone i know (aside my friends) at school, are such big racists theyd shoot anyone different

under new management

america does what no other country in the wolrd dares to do, and for that..who are hated. With power doesn't come resposiblity...with it comes hatred.

Signature Image

Quote by onimakuraindeed, and everyone i know (aside my friends) at school, are such big racists theyd shoot anyone different

o_0 Oh jeez..... Well that's not being a Hero that's just being a stupid a$$hole.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Racism shouldn't even be an issue today. Though the US has done some things to stir up some animosity towards the country, that animosity shouldn't be taken out on everyone. Most of the time, the animosity comes from the political offices and not the people, though the people get in on the act and we become involved in some of these issues. Many Americans like to move on with their lives, and I'm sure they have other things to do. I'm sure there are some of us who dislike others, but it shouldn't get to the point as to relive a past epidemic.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

I have nothing against the American people in general. Instead, I don't like the attitude of a particular group of people that are in charge of the country. Some actions taken by them has made the world opinion towards Americans decrease, and since they're the representants of the country, is not hard to relate them to the rest of the country.

Of course, there are some Americans that can be pretty annoying, but then, every country has those who are pretty much hated (I'm not American, by the way).

well people judge america by the decisions we make and actions we take because our president makes those decisions and he is elected by the ppl to represent the ppl

i voted for kerry...

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 91 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.