Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Americans - Minitokyo

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 91 total items

I'll just say that towards the end we're all human...

Signature

Latest Wall: {[url="http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/158360/]The Promise - Somewhere I Belong[/url]}

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I will try to keep this short and simple ^_^'

Quote by AlishaWhy do some people think Americans are bad people who don't care?

Because some of us are like that... Do you really think we care for the people in Iraq before we start bombing them because we thought they have weapon of mass destruction? We are not good, nor bad in our own way but we go on with our eyes wide shut for the greater good of our nation that we have no control over.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Well, lets just say that people somtimes say things that weren't ment to be said.... It's all from the person who said it.

Signature Image

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

The only Americans I know are from here, so I'm not gonna judge them.
I'll just say this: to me, American goverment, at least in my opinion, tries to show everyone that they're almighty and all and that sorta pisses me off.
But I have nothing against Americans themsleves (some of my best friends on MT are Americans).

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

Okoru

Title? what's that?

I am an American citizen, and I'm not happy with how our government is doing things. Either way, a lot of the people I meet out in cities are mostly people who don't care. Most of them probably can't even tell iraq from kuwait. To them, they just follow what thier leader points out to be evil. The majority of American people are easily persuaded. Simple rhetoric could psuh one person to think one way and another to think the same. Others, however, are so ignorant that they just don't care what you think, if you don't agree with them you should be shot. bleh. my .02.

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.
-Confucius

rslgto

rslgto

Der Wille zur Macht

Quote by AlishaO.K I don't want to start a riot in this thread but I was just wondering....
Why do some people think Americans are bad people who don't care?
I really dissagree with this because I'm an American myself and we at lease TRY to help the other countries.

one person doesn't speak for everybody and no we're not helpin we're destroying and the time will come when this country shall fall. And you know what, you have it coming

"Condemn me, it does not matter. History will absolve me!" - Fidel Castro

~Run Kasumi Run!~

Cagalli22

Cagalli22

~Dreamer~

just from what i have seen in my school (i'm an american) a lot of people dont care about like the earth and what could happen to it...but does that necessarially mean that it is just americans? i mean don't some people in other countries not care as well ( i don't know because i have only been a little bit into mexico and only know people from other countries here on MT, but it makes sence)? no country is perfect really, that seems to generalize it.

Dance ~ As Though No One Is Watching You
Sing ~ As Though No One Can Hear You
Love ~ As Though You Have Never Been Hurt Before
Live ~ As Though Heaven Is On Earth

Quote by DrakI'll just say this: to me, American goverment, at least in my opinion, tries to show everyone that they're almighty and all and that sorta pisses me off.

I think that's because in the past many people have juged us wrong and said that we could never to this or do that. And for being juged that way we want to prove them wrong. But you know that's what I think. ;)

Quote by rslgtoone person doesn't speak for everybody and no we're not helpin we're destroying and the time will come when this country shall fall. And you know what, you have it coming

O.K your right about saying one person (me) should speak for everyone but I can't help it. And yes we are trying to help and sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't.

Yes I know our time is coming but why not make it last? No I don't mean by bombing the crap out of everyone. But everything has its time.....

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

(For US as a country)
America often think that they are superior than others, and they try to dictate what other countries do. Their foreign policy is "do what we want or we attack you". Just because other countries, like Iraq, don't care what US think, US will attack them, and rob them of their nature resources. If other country threatens their position, they will grab a stick and knock them down. For example, China's ecomonic is getting better and better. However, US is using all sorts of methods to try to slow it down (ex. chinese currency).

(For people in US generalization) no offense, I just have met some very annoying Americans before.

Most of people in US are idiots. They have the easy way of life for too long, and are as lazy as hell. Most of them are just there in the world waiting for the government to provide them a living. They are arrogant, and look down to people from other countries. Even though they are intelligently challenged.

Signature

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Well... it's not really an issue of American people, it's more how America as a nation presents itself, which is mostly the fault of the politicains.
People think Americans are self-centered, self-contained, etc, because the decisions that the people "in control" make reflect on the way THEY think, not the way Americans think.

Brownie the Cat

our country is awsome i love america.

i hate out goverment tho, not a single honest person

Quote by RainOfStars(For US as a country)
America often think that they are superior than others, and they try to dictate what other countries do. Their foreign policy is "do what we want or we attack you". Just because other countries, like Iraq, don't care what US think, US will attack them, and rob them of their nature resources. If other country threatens their position, they will grab a stick and knock them down. For example, China's ecomonic is getting better and better. However, US is using all sorts of methods to try to slow it down (ex. chinese currency).

Well no. We just want to make the other countries to live good with out fear. :) It's nothing really with "Oh we must go change them." Nothing like that.

Quote: (For people in US generalization) no offense, I just have met some very annoying Americans before.

Well I'm sorry if you've had a bad greeting with Americans. But we really are good people. It just matters on who you meet. ;)

Quote: Most of people in US are idiots. They have the easy way of life for too long, and are as lazy as hell. Most of them are just there in the world waiting for the government to provide them a living. They are arrogant, and look down to people from other countries. Even though they are intelligently challenged.

Excuse me but that's oppion. ;) Yes we may be "lazy" but why take the hard way if you have a short cut? And plus you have to work to get what you want down here. You just don't get it if you want it. I know because my family isn't the richest one. And no not everyone over here is some kind of a rich a$$hole who just wants to take over the world.

No not everyone in the U.S. are "arrogant people who look down on others." A lot of us over here actually try to help others. For instant not counting me and some others who think like me in this thread. They actually want the war to stop in Iraq. So what do you say about that?

I'm not saying I'm some kind of crazy a$$ bich who thinks that killing people are good. But I do think that when a soilder is sent out there they should have the best to make it like home. :) So see I have some good in me.

Haia

Haia

:.:Dies Irae:.:

Maybe because they just saw that side of the Americans............I'm an American too...and I remember thinking US would be hell before I came living here but I now know I was dead wrong. Many Americans are very good people and of course some can be low...not really different[in my view] of other countries...It's just I believe Americans like being more involved in many things that have alot of impact on other things...........either good or bad...and some people might view it as us[Americans] just wanting to be in the spotlight.[or show superiority].........and not really caring what happens. It's just human Nature to judge...unfortunately...

Signature Image

Quote by HaiaMaybe because they just saw that side of the Americans............I'm an American too...and I remember thinking US would be hell before I came living here but I now know I was dead wrong. Many Americans are very good people and of course some can be low...not really different[in my view] of other countries...

Yes I agree with you Haia. Some people have just met some bad and mean Americans.

Quote: It's just I believe Americans like being more involved in many things that have alot of impact on other things...........either good or bad...and some people might view it as us[Americans] just wanting to be in the spotlight.[or show superiority].........and not really caring what happens. It's just human Nature to judge...unfortunately...

Yes I agian I agree with you Haia. I do agree that Americans have always made a big impact on the world. Even it that is bad.

Quote by sadotsuWell... it's not really an issue of American people, it's more how America as a nation presents itself, which is mostly the fault of the politicains.
People think Americans are self-centered, self-contained, etc, because the decisions that the people "in control" make reflect on the way THEY think, not the way Americans think.

I agree with you also sadotsu. It's just that out Polititions are jacka$$es but that doesn't mean that Americans themselves are bad people.

darkspiral486

darkspiral486

Carpe Annum

Quote by RainOfStars
(For people in US generalization) no offense, I just have met some very
annoying Americans before.
Most of people in US are idiots. They have the easy way of life for too
long, and are as lazy as hell. Most of them are just there in the world
waiting for the government to provide them a living. They are arrogant,
and look down to people from other countries, even though they are
intelligently challenged.

That is a very undeserved blanket statement. It's like saying all Muslims are terrorists.
They aren't, but the ones that are are the only ones you hear about in the news. Same with U.S. citizens.

Also, though our politicians may not be the very best people, neither are politicians anywhere else. Politicians are politicians are politicians, whether they are in the U.S. or Afghanistan.

chichiri1907

chichiri1907

Sweet Dreams

I'm american and i'm sorry but i think america should leave other countries alone!!!!
Unless their on a threat, like what happened on 9/11, i belive they did have a right to kill that losser osama bin laden but then they went into issues that they shouldn't have went through...i mean sometimes i think america thinks itself as the boss and that every country must follow or else theirs a war going on!!!
-please don't comment i'm just expressing myself-

Quote by AlishaO.K I don't want to start a riot in this thread but I was just wondering....
Why do some people think Americans are bad people who don't care?
I really dissagree with this because I'm an American myself and we at lease TRY to help the other countries. And I'm terribley sorry if we have ever done anything worng with your country.
Sure some Americans are jacka$$es but that doesn't mean all of us are that way. This goes the same with our President. He's trying but I agree some of the things he has done aren't very good decisions but he's trying.
PLEASE debait and not argu. And this thread isn't a complaint about the President either.
I thank you for your participation with this thread also. :)

Signature Image
Suuki <3 made the amazing avatar/sig. set

I think alot of countries don't like us because we are their economic competition.

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

That's not the point.

Brownie the Cat

Firebomb

Anime Lover

Americans are not bad people.

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

I think that we mainly get ourselves into the messes that wind up happening to us. I'm an american and my dad doesn't like the president nor does my mom but they are repulicans. I'm don't like bush for the fact that he got us into this really long war. Well, he really didn't get us into it but he could have ended it alot sooner than what he is doing now. I'm all for helping out the little guy, but if a place doesn't want us there shouldn't we leave. I don't think we are all bad people I know I'm not I think, but we just need to take a few years and leave the other countries alone. I just think we need to take a breather for a while.

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

XianPu

XianPu

Ni Hao

You know, I see a pattern emerging here. People are going off of what they hear in the media, which, coincidentally focuses on the negative- never the positive- always the negative side of the US. I mean, sure there are things going wrong in Iraq, but what about all the power we're helping to restore? The schools we're helping to reopen and rebuild? What about all the good we're doing? Also, two, this war? It isn't long by a damn site. Look at Vietnam, wwii. Those were long wars.

At any rate, I think people need to dig deeper before making snap judgments on what bad the US is doing in certain countries.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

i put it like this...i love my country, my home and my friends and family, but not my government. youre right we should leave iraq now and let them do it on their own. but it will probbably end up bieng another dictaorship and the people will suffer again and thats not right. but if you look back in history we never really started any wars with any country that didnt start with us first. but i do think we should just leave the other countries alone for a while and let them solve their problems them selves. maybe that would help.

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

darkspiral486

darkspiral486

Carpe Annum

If we leave Iraq, it will collapse in a bloody civil war, kill millions in the crossfire, and end up with some other murderous dictator ruling over them. Since we started the war in Iraq, for whatever reasons, we might as well finish it.

XianPu, I couldn't agree with you more! Well said.

tsokolate

The Delirium Trigger

Well...

I dont hate Americans...

I dont like them either... I just have a neutral understanding about them...

I like pleasure spiked w/pain
Music is my aeroplane
It's my aeroplane
Songbird sweet and sour Jane
Music is my aeroplane
It's my aeroplane

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 91 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.