Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Americans - Minitokyo

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 91 total items

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Seriously, I don't think I know enough about americans to like/hate them, though I'd say the ones I met on MT so far are pretty nice people. More to the point, I personally feel that a lot of people around the world are currently having anti-american sentiments because of the mistake the President of America made when going to war with the Iraq. His highly played up "weapons of mass destruction" didn't show up at all. He essentially doomed a lot of people to death for this mistake. This single issue brought about a very large number of naysayers to US poilicies and everything bad that the US ever did is being brought forward again. Its a disgusting habit people have.

Quote by darkspiral486If we leave Iraq, it will collapse in a bloody civil war, kill millions in the crossfire, and end up with some other murderous dictator ruling over them. Since we started the war in Iraq, for whatever reasons, we might as well finish it.
XianPu, I couldn't agree with you more! Well said.

I however, disagree with people starting wars. Heck, they even made a mistake about their reason for war. If civil war really erupted in Iraq, I'd think it a good cause to step in and intervene to minimize casualties. But making a mistake for your cause to go to war and saying "If we don't start it, they will and they'll cause millions of death" is simply escapism and irresponsible behaviour which gets Americans hated in the first place. Please don't say such things. Accepting responsibility for it and helping the victims is much more mature and would garner much more support from outside.

And please don't start about how other countries should take responsibilty as well. America is the only power in the world that can actually do it. And responsibility, not hatred, comes with power. Its if you don't fulfill your responsibilities that hatred would come about because its expected of you. Though I'd say such hatred is unfair, people still dwell on it.

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

.::Hopeless::.

well i am american i cant say im proud to be,
i mean our coutry just puts up a nice "lets help everyone"
act just b/c it benefits teh coutry.. thats just selfish to me and
as for the president.. dont make me laugh lol i could do
a better job anywayas for americans themselves.. idk some are just..
well idk what words to say without offending peopel so I gues i'll listen
to the old saying" if you odnt have anything nice to say dont say anything
at all " lol i think i might denounce my citizenship someday
lol i'll just move to canada ^^' lol GO canada ><

Signature Image
You shattered all the hopes and dreams I never had.....

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I am an Indian citizen but I am living here in America. One thing that we(people back home...indians, pakis, banglas...) dont like about Americans is their complete lack of understanding of different cultures. Most of the tourists dont even take the time to learn even a few words of our language or even basic cultural rules before they come to India. Its NOT that hard to do. They come and then dont do anything with respect. They treat the country like a theme park and that upsets us. After coming here, i found that few people are respectful towards a foreigner. They make fun of our accents, our culture and make no effort to understand any of it. We are speaking two to three languages, and they, speaking only one properly, have the gall to ridicule us when we say something a little wrong. Its the double standard that drives everyone mad. America can make rules for other countries but other countries have no say in the way america runs. Its the norm of the superior attitude that makes people in other countries insane. I've lived here for more than a decade and I know that not all of you are like that. In fact, I have only met a few people my age like that. But the older generation is cultural-clueless and almost completely closed minded. I hope that trend soon passes and America can truly live up to its melting pot name. >_>

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

We're getting further and further away from the point...
Xian Pu--> If people had any sense, they wouldn't judge American people by what their country is doing.
A lot of the people here seem to have trouble seperating the government and the people they govern.

Brownie the Cat

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i think it's the actions of a few that people mistakenly believe apply to all... but then again that could apply to any nation... however i think that the US tries too hard to be the "world police", butting their noses in sometimes where they aren't wanted/needed.

Signature Image

i don't think the americans are bad people, the problem is the people who drives the country this people drive the country against the other countries like irak, afganistan, vietnam, and many americans are so involved by the mass media and think all this massacres are in the name of an american way

animazine.blogspot.com
Signature

I think its safe assume most nations are full of morons, just like America. However, its just easier to focus and point the finger at the Americans. And I cannot say that the US doesn't deserve it.

lunar-angel

Wandering Angel

I'm American
I think its because of our manners to other countries

butterflikysses

butterflikysses

~Diamond Dust Drops~

i dunno i guess i really never thought of that i'm american myself, but in my opinion everyone is equal in God's eyes so i guess it shouldn't matter what others think of u

Signature Image

Siri

Siri

Suou

well as far as i can tell
its not that all americans are bad rofl
its just that its natural for us to stereo type

its just that what gets to a lot of us is that
there are somethings, that i'm too lazy to name right now, which americans do which are.. really quite a stupid way of doing, but in the end the rest of us end up doing it inherently following the americans because they are so big economically its just more convenient (but still stupid) to do it their way.

as an example of a stupid thing that we just can't be bothered changing because its on a huge scale inconvenient (not blaming this on americans, because i really don't know where it started)
but
why the heck does half of the world drive on the left hand side of the road and the other drive on the right?

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

Quote by zabuzademoni think our contry tries to play the hero too much

well I think we are more of tries to show everyone we are the hero too much more then actually do the hero job.

Quote by SuniraI am an Indian citizen but I am living here in America. One thing that
we(people back home...indians, pakis, banglas...) dont like about
Americans is their complete lack of understanding of different
cultures. Most of the tourists dont even take the time to learn even a
few words of our language or even basic cultural rules before they come
to India. Its NOT that hard to do. They come and then dont do anything
with respect. They treat the country like a theme park and that upsets
us. After coming here, i found that few people are respectful towards a
foreigner. They make fun of our accents, our culture and make no effort
to understand any of it. We are speaking two to three languages, and
they, speaking only one properly, have the gall to ridicule us when we
say something a little wrong. Its the double standard that drives
everyone mad. America can make rules for other countries but other
countries have no say in the way america runs. Its the norm of the
superior attitude that makes people in other countries insane. I've
lived here for more than a decade and I know that not all of you are
like that. In fact, I have only met a few people my age like that. But
the older generation is cultural-clueless and almost completely closed
minded. I hope that trend soon passes and America can truly live up to
its melting pot name. >_>

well for your first part how people from originated from outside of the the country at alot of time feels like some inferior second-rate products to the pure breaded americans, well, I don't see that as much anymore but I think is because of mainly where I live in is heavy populated with my ethic group. But in any rate, I don't think is ever a racial confict as someone else mention before, I think alot of time its just pure lack of education and stupidity on the parents and the educator's part on not knowing how to really educate their young. I guess this is why our younger generation Americans are quicky becoming the fatest and the stupidest nation in the world base on all national survey.

As far as the part you said that America can make rules for other countries but other
countries have no say in the way america runs. Well I can't say that is unture but that is not all correct either for american has no control over any government so even if we tells them what to do, is not like they would do it but we can influence them to do so with our economic power. And also our country is deeply and heavily influnce by the imports of outside of the US like oil and everyday products so in a way we are being told what to do by outside world. But anyways, I'm going hella off topic.

i would just say it has alot to do with american culture itself, and on the fact that big government and big corperations don't want to have any trade and diplomatic conflict to jeopardize their everyday easy going life here in the states by goes and piss everyone off by using our economic, political, and military power as a big show off to keep the stats quote and makes us the normal americans looks like a bunch of scapegoats for the rest of the world to hate because for us avg. americans are so dumb that we manage to re-elected a guy that by al means even though he is the better canadite then Mr. waffle, he is an idiot who running our economy to the ground, trying to destroy our social security benefits by thinking he can hit big investing in the stock market *sorry but the avg ppl don't know jack about the market and will just lost the money there*, and totally left medical care to die so the avg americans are not running to canada so we can get drugs cheaper. man wtf!!! Okay well, going off topic again but understand this, if anyone is hating Americans, well, you are hating the wrong guys you should be hatting the Evil SOB corpate world and the big republician goverment.

Signature

darkspiral486

darkspiral486

Carpe Annum

Actually, several European countries have passed us already on the issue of national obesity (Germany has a higher percantage of people who are overweight or obese, along with a couple of other countries I didn't remember), and our education system is still (correct me if I'm wrong) 4th in the world.

And (once again) our government is not responsible for the state of our economy. Believe it or not, the people are. Psycology and economy are essentially the same thing, in many ways. Bush is also trying to fix the social security problem because, as I'm sure the press has forgotten to mention, it isn't set up as personalized accounts. So, all the "baby boomers" of post World War II are starting to retire, and since they don't have individual accounts, they will just draw off of the public "pool", so to speak, of retirement funds. Which sounds OK, until you remember that the baby boomer generation is a huge bulge in our population charts. They will be drawing more then the following generation is putting in, and as a result the whole system will collapse because there is no money to pay those who payed their Social Security fees for their entire lives expecting to be able to take it easy when they turned 70.

You have to give Bush credit. The social security issue has been called the "third rail of American politics". Touch it and die. So, as President, you have the option of trying to make it right, hence doing the right thing for the citizens under your charge, or you can leave it to your sucessors, who will leave it to their sucessors until it all blows up and everyone is in ruins... and naturally those citizens will blame it on the current government, just like our citizens are, wrongly, blaming it on Bush.

Besides, getting drugs in Canada is making us lose a lot of money to the Canadians, and at the same time crippling our drug economy. If you want to find a cure for cancer, support your local pharmacist, because the money you pay for your acne medications is going out to find a vaccine for AIDS.

Finally, if Bush is so terrible, who would you have elected in his place? And what makes him better qualified?

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i think that it is the fact that Americans do try to be "The Hero" a lot
but i don't think that americans are that bad
it probably depends on the people that you know
not everyone in this world are made to be alike after all...

arcxero

arcxero

Cast In The Name Of God.

People need to stop stereotyping Americans as trying to play the Hero/ trying to be the global police etc. Not all of us wwant this, or think it's right. Don't condemn all of us when it is only some that doing anything you see as wrong.

To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.

deltok

deltok

sadness

Perhaps it u.s.a has much fame, mainly by its policy.
But in any place of the world there are good and bad people . . and i don't like the racism
. *)

xtenshi

xtenshi

Yeah... i'm going.... ZzZz

sorry but... i really dont agree with you... and believe me: your president arent trying to help the others country. if you believe in the "war against terror" i feel sorry for you... but you should pay more attention to your country decisions. pay more attention to the north american imperialism. its easy for you, who have a good house and economic situation to think that your country wants to help the others... ask the south americans if they like your country's policy? going against the ONU decisions and attacking others country... i dont think that this is the best policy.... of course: not all the north americans are like this... but you guys put this crazy man on the power 2 times... you have to think about it... he is insane and selfish, like your country decisions! (my english still sucks so... take it easy ok... its hard to argument without a good vacabulary ^_^")

Signature

Quote by xtenshisorry but... i really dont agree with you... and believe me: your president arent trying to help the others country. if you believe in the "war against terror" i feel sorry for you... but you should pay more attention to your country decisions. pay more attention to the north american imperialism.

And I'm sorry that your country thinks this way of our country. But yes there are many of us who are paying attention to what's going on in our own country. I just think you don't like our decisions.

Quote: its easy for you, who have a good house and economic situation to think that your country wants to help the others... ask the south americans if they like your country's policy? going against the ONU decisions and attacking others country... i dont think that this is the best policy....

Yes I know it's easy for us to live this way but isn't it true that you would want to best for your country? Well same goes for over here. We live this way because we like it this way. :)

Quote: of course: not all the north americans are like this... but you guys put this crazy man on the power 2 times... you have to think about it... he is insane and selfish, like your country decisions! (my english still sucks so... take it easy ok... its hard to argument without a good vacabulary ^_^")

That's true that not all Noth American's think like what you think we are but yeah I agree with you. ;)

If your talking about our President then I hope you know that the Elections where almost a 50% to 50% chance of winning for both sides. It just happend that Bush won by acouple of votes. I'm not sure if those where Electorial Votes or Popular Votes.

AkkiEnzeru

Yeesh, it's'a me. ^^

Because half of the time they are right. American's are more worried about themselves than the other people around them. Why do you think we keep invading other people's countries? Bush has a stick so far up his ass, he thinks that this is helping the world, when it's only causing more pain and suffering.

Even in death, we triumph.

Quote by AkkiEnzeruBecause half of the time they are right. American's are more worried about themselves than the other people around them.

Nope not true. Yes Americans look after ourselves but we also look after others as well. And plus other counties worries shouldn't be our worries. I havn't seen anyother country out there who has tried to help the countries around them as much as America.

Quote: Why do you think we keep invading other people's countries?

Quote:
Where not "invading" other countires. We are trying to help. I'm sorry if our help isn't helping but what can we do?

Quote: Bush has a stick so far up his ass, he thinks that this is helping the world, when it's only causing more pain and suffering.

Hey lets keep it clean here. No bad stuff like that comes out of anyone. Not only about the Persident but for anything or anyone.

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 91 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.