Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Japanese kids dont watch anime~!??! - Minitokyo

Japanese kids dont watch anime~!??!

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 47 total items

Naah I can't believe it all japanese are otaku hihihihi IMHO ^^"

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

wow that's seriously wierd never would of that that was the case but oh well. It is wierd though if you look at some of the anime and only little kids watch them

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

Quote by foobluedMan, I love anime. But I don't really pay attention to what other people like or don't like. By the way I'm 23 and I like watching Spongebob Squarepants and My Fairly Odd Parents and all that good jazz. I just really appreciate animation period. It probably has something to do with me being an artist. Wasn't there an anime dedicated to how uncool kids who like anime are , it was like a club in school that the kid didn't want to admit he was in or something. Anyway if it really wasn't that popular in Japan, why would there be so much of it?

fooblued took the words right out of my mouth, I don't care what the 'target audience' is, or if anyone else likes it, if I like it, I'll watch it. Going along with fooblued, I appreciate good animation, but in particulary with Anime, being a writer myself, I appreciate good deep storylines.

That's my standing on it.

HikyuuTera

HikyuuTera

*~*The Kenshin Addict*~*

heh I have a couple subtitle movies about Sailor Moon and on the back of it says age 13 and over may watch it.I watched it and they show nudity as well they do cuss in it it's kinda cool.

Signature Image
The way to atone is to believe in what we have here.
-Kenshin

KiraKirachan

KiraKirachan

Maker of Sparkly Things

I think that's odd being as how cosplay seems to be a big thing.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

i've got japanese friends who are absolute anime fanatics so yeah, your situation doesnt really apply to most cases.

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

Quote by KiraKirachanI think that's odd being as how cosplay seems to be a big thing.

Most of the cosplayers I have seen in Japan have been game-related, actually ...

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

A friend of mine has a friend in Japan that says the same thing about kids and anime. So another confirmed statement for you.

St-Seiya

St-Seiya

~ Athena no Saint ~

maybe that is because they have so much of it that they are bored...

What kind of Devil's fruit would you eat ? http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10719/
What do you think of P2P : http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10645/
Ninjai the little ninja : http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/10602/

It really depends. I know quite a few people from Japan, and they don't watch anime much, but they will sneak in a few episodes every now and then. Of course, it could just be that they know people will say, "Anime=Cartoon=For Kids Only," they don't admit to watching anime. It could also be the rabid anime fans that freak out and do flips when someone says, "Sure, I watch anime."

It's funny, since the majority of anime is directed at teenagers and adults. XD

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

In Japan, me and my friends rave more about Japanese Idols and J-Pop singers rather than follow suit with anime, and in a big way. And yes, of course as glassreflection already mentioned, manga is very popular out there, kind of like boasting your own collection at home.

Not to mention, they have some of the strangest but cutest attire out there. I got this leather green skirt that is technically fireproof and waterproof, but the material feels quite nice.

Oh what the heck. lol - People have lives to, you know.
I suppose the lack of anime and J-Pop music is what really brings many people together from other places around the world. Can't complain, because Japan is always light years ahead of everyone else, than in North America.

And yes, the arcades and the systems they have there, including those little gadgets to play from time to time - amazing! Most people love to see what new things come out of the store. That's what interests them mainly, of course.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

KiraKirachan

KiraKirachan

Maker of Sparkly Things

Hmmm.... I guess it might also be where people live.

Not everyone watches or listens to the same thing and that sometimes has to do with where you live. Even here in the states, I'm sure not everyone in the states as even seen anime, so maybe in Japan some people don't watch anime.
Does that help?

My girlfriend was japanese and she really liked animes.

Actually it is true. That is little kids anime when they started out with their cartoon heros and such. I guess it grew outta style for them since everyone watches or they just like foreign things more.

If that is true, then it is pretty much the same from my experience here in the U.S.
From what I could tell from my old high school, the fanbase for anime was relatively low. Sure there would be a club or two devoted to anime, but most of the members were nerds/losers. Hmm... I went to a nerdy school, so this is a bad example.

Basically a lot of people consider anime as "childish cartoons". They label it the same as you would with something like scooby doo. What they've probably seen of anime, is Pokemon and Yugioh. Judging anime by seeing two series aimed at young kids does not do it justice. Dubbed anime makes it pretty lame too, since oftentimes the dubbed version loses the "emotion" it was supposed to have. Cultural understanding is a factor also when you consider phrases like "itadakimasu" and "itterashai" blah blah blah

wow its 4am again

bleakreserve

bleakreserve

true reflections

HUm, i have a theory- maybe it has to do with the language. Think about it, i find it less annoying when i watch anime in jap with subtitles than have it dubbed in english. Perhaps its like that for kids in japan, listening to adults act out scenes in japanese could be annoying for them because they think its corney. Btw, i can't get enough of anime, so "too much anime" being around" doesn't do it for me. I think its more like the intrique of something from a different culture. Holy, just read holy's post and its pretty similar. haha you beat me to it holy. :D

Love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image... otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. ~ Unknown

Signature Image

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

LOL I had a Japanese friend last year in high school (she left now) and she said that she doesn't even watch anime! I thought it was weird but now, i'm starting to understand...to them it's the same as us watching stuff like Rugrats and all those cartoons. I think that's how it is anyway...but it's weird, because while there are people like me who cannot get access to anime much while the people who see it on TV all the time in Japan don't pay it much attention! hmmm, yeah, I think the majority of the population like manga...

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

well, i can just expect to do thinks u think they do,...maybe anime could be for little kids (well i hope extremely violent ones are excceptions....),
but it could be for little kids because u know that the anime is sometimes less gruesome than its manga version

retire

i see.. so manga is more popular than anime huh??
maybe its beause manga releases a lot sooner than the anime, and they dont feel like watching the same storyline over again.

-___- do they buy the manga books?

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

remember the student in japan consider a high priority their notes ,we don't misjudge their situation

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

consider high priority thier notes?

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

omfg!! are u serious?!?!?!

Quote by St-Seiyamaybe that is because they have so much of it that they are bored...

I was just thinking that! The anime market is, for lack of better terms, flooded. I guess the demographic in Japan that consumed anime had their fill and moved on.

Signature
	Image[/img]

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 47 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.