Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Saiyaman.info - yeah another site with ripped wallpaper. - Minitokyo

Saiyaman.info - yeah another site with ripped wallpaper.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 47 total items

There are quite a lot of minitokyo works on http://www.hongfire.com/gallery/ in the wallpaper section. I dunno' if you all already know this. I am sure you do, but I have seen quite a lot of walls that originated here, and wind up there a few days later. x_x
I agree with shinsengumi in that I don't think there is much you can do to prevent people from ripping the walls here :sweat: , but you should definately continue to go after those who claim the work is theirs. I really appreciate what you all are doing here. I love minitokyo and am super excited to be a part of it. I may be a super noob, but I, like any other person here, want my art to be preserved for minitokyo under my name.
Thank you all for being so awsome. :)

"Tonight you ghost will ask my ghost, who put these bodies between us..." - Metric, Calculation theme

Signature Image

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

Quote by shinsengumiGuys. . . let's step back and think about what exactly we are doing now. If we want to prevent anyone from posting any wallpapers made on Minitokyo anywhere on the Internet, then we might as well just give up now. Think about it. . . wallpapers can so easily get tossed up onto websites or packaged for distribution via torrent, and there really isn't a way for us to stop that.
We need to focus a little. . . if wallpapers are posted elsewhere, that shouldn't be a problem. It's only when others claim that the wallpapers are their own work when we should drop the hammer. I say this only because I'm starting to get the feeling that there are members trying to embark upon a crusade to prevent /anyone/ from posting or distributing their works without express permission. Maybe I'm just hallucinating, but if my perception is correct, then it's time to get your heads out of the clouds.
Sorry if I sound mean or anything, but I'm trying to be as realistic as possible.

shin they normally dont say they made it....they just post it in OUR claim its there own...AND when they say they took it from somwhere els they dotn say the name of the person....

It is time for you to drown

I don't see what the big deal is. He is distributing the wallpapers. Therefore giving something YOU created more popularity, usage, and without wasting your bandwidth.
If you made a wallpaper that your proud of and want to say it is yours, add a name/email in the bottom corner of the waper.

Though I do think it might be a good idea to state something like "wallpapers are property of their respective owners and not nessesarly those who upload them".

But even then...seems like a pointless thing to bitch Saiyaman out for.

Tias

Tias

Quote by FizzyboyI don't see what the big deal is. He is distributing the wallpapers. Therefore giving something YOU created more popularity, usage, and without wasting your bandwidth.
If you made a wallpaper that your proud of and want to say it is yours, add a name/email in the bottom corner of the waper.
Though I do think it might be a good idea to state something like "wallpapers are property of their respective owners and not nessesarly those who upload them".

maybe thats becuw you dotn have a wallpaper or your a ripper our what?....they can easely remove the name and stuff if you have photoshop....

ShinsenGumi'z got a point , i agree =)

Favourates:
FullMetalAlchemist,Azumanga Daioh,
MaiHime,Air,
Bleach,AishiteruZeBaby,
Naruto,SchoolRumble,FruitBasket

kenzuke

kenzuke

Victimized

Darn rippers..... peepz who don't even have their own lives.... x_x
I just hope they don't remove the signatures from them... >_<

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

I rather agree with shin. I mean if they give proper credit, I could care less. I mean its free advertising!
before I found saiyaman's site, I had found one more site with wallpaper uploaded by not the author themselves. But that site actually have under the description 'Source:', and the wallpaper I see was actually credit back to author's site. and since it was credit back, I didnt report it.
as long we got credit back, I dont mind. but when they upload claiming its theirs or even with no description with the credit back (in this case saiyaman), its jsut annoying. the name they register with forum can be different from the credit in the wallpaper. one good example is me myself. I registered in MT as exentric but in all my wallpaper, I put 'Kash'. so unless they put credit in the description, I aint gonna leave em sleep without any nightmares me haunting em.

I totally agree with Shin. If they say its theirs then tell them off but other than that dont worry about it.

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by shinsengumiBasically, If we raise a huge fuss over people posting without having first obtained permission in every last instance, we may very well just be annoying the admins of the distro sites, and they might not even be willing to listen to us in the future.

i agree with you totally. And seeing the way some posts are written on the ripped items in hongfire makes me sick. Let's keep it civilized ... i saw some people from here bashing things like "you f**** rippers, die" ... it's really mature *sigh* Let's negociate politely as shinsengumi pointed.

i go further. Do you even mind to use original copyrighted characters to make your wallpapers ? i rarely saw some copyright info ... sometimes i saw it ; it's true. Don't you even mind if the author let people take his art even if you credit him or the original site , ... ?
You maybe think that because they are famous they don't care their art is taken ... ? ask yourself if your ego isn't too big ...
some may say, "if a character is used, it's a sign that what the artist did is good" ; so why wouldn't you think the same if your creation is taken to be published on an another person site ?

And well if you notice it, act like shinsengumi or biri, try to negociate politely. it's a kind of idealisme like biri said, and it's honorific if you succeed to make value your rights. Especially on such "free sharing" domains. *full stop*

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

Radeonator

not here, not now.

in the meantime, we should put "for use of minitokyo only, do not ripped image without permission" watermark if you don't want your image ripped, therefor... we can complain if someone ripped the images. :\

i learn it right now, I'm currently studiying to placed my watermark on mt next wallpaper which can only be seen if you drag it's image on the website (or press ctrl+a) to show the watermark.

it shouldn't be seen in 10% opacity at normal state, unless you got eagle's eye ^_^'

=Im here temporarily, please dont visit or leave any message.

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

@Radeonator :
if you refer to this tutorial : http://s4.invisionfree.com/Design_Xtravagance/index.php?showtopic=17
it seems not everybody can see the copyright information by selecting all (ctrl a) ...
maybe am i becoming blind ^_^'

Support section

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

http://www.saiyaman.info/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=37

This isn't from Minitokyo, but it was ripped off APA :3

Good job on finding the link, BTW. I love it when members are diligent about rips!

Question to biri: If we're going to be submitting ripped wall links to user-uploaded pages, what about places like Hongfire? Do we draw the line someplace?

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Tias

Tias

Quote by Nurikohttp://www.saiyaman.info/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1&amp;pos=37
This isn't from Minitokyo, but it was ripped off APA :3
Good job on finding the link, BTW. I love it when members are diligent about rips!
Question to biri: If we're going to be submitting ripped wall links to user-uploaded pages, what about places like Hongfire? Do we draw the line someplace?

good idea nuriko....really not bad...but how should we get the members of that place to look at the list?...maybe make it as a BIG AND HUGE sgin or and make the mod/adim/webmaster tell all about that.... great idea but i whould like to see it spreading(i mean that people even bother about looking at it)

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

I think it's time we hang Saiyaman up by his ankles over a pot of boiling tar while being sapnked by a bunch of ugly lil trolls. Seriously, friggin ridiculous, and the sad part is he's probably a member here on MT. Can't stop everyone who rips walls, but youy can try.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Quote by NurikoQuestion to biri: If we're going to be submitting ripped wall links to user-uploaded pages, what about places like Hongfire? Do we draw the line someplace?

i'm also a member on hongfire. if you need some help to spread the message over there i can help. I just want to point again that hongfire isn't the same kind of community as ours ... It's true that now there is only a gallery function and a forum ... but it's not artists who put their creation. It's just anime-enthusiasts who want to share things they find nice to the rest of the members ...

well i hope hongfire will do something but he doesn't diserve us anything... shinsengumi has for me the best opinion over the problem.

Support section

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Quote by GintheTwilightswordsI think it's time we hang Saiyaman up by his ankles over a pot of
boiling tar while being sapnked by a bunch of ugly lil trolls.
Seriously, friggin ridiculous, and the sad part is he's probably a
member here on MT. Can't stop everyone who rips walls, but youy can try.

On the contrary; Saiyaman has been extremely kind in offering to remove the walls; I just sent him a PM with the list of ripped walls from the previous page.

Excellent work biri. ^_^ *ofers a cookie* Oreo too. :O

Signature Image

Quote by Tias

Quote by FizzyboyI don't see what the big deal is. He is distributing the wallpapers. Therefore giving something YOU created more popularity, usage, and without wasting your bandwidth.
Though I do think it might be a good idea to state something like &quot;wallpapers are property of their respective owners and not nessesarly those who upload them&quot;.

maybe thats becuw you dotn have a wallpaper or your a ripper our what?....they can easely remove the name and stuff if you have photoshop....

I have made a few wallpaper, I'll grant you the fact that I do not do it often nor am I any good at it.
No I am not a ripper.
Yes the signature can be easily removed in PS. But from what I see, that isn't being done on Saiyaman and afaik it is just an upload gallery, there is no one taking credit for having made the wallpaper. Like HongFire, it is just anime enthusiasts sharing with the community.

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

Has anyone considered that one of the reasons that these distribution sites such as hogfire, saiyaman, downloadanime, etc. and so popular is because of the hardcore anti-leech and restricted nature of sites like MT? I doubt that many people would bother if MT was free and open to all, even if they contribute nothing but ad revenue.

As for most members not wanting their walls distributed, even if unmodified and not one claims credit. I don't necessarily thing that a huge majority is hard line against it. It may very well be that, like most causes, the radical groups are the most outspoken and probably watch the ripping threads just so they can flame anyone instances of it. It might be interesting to see a poll sent to all people who have submitted walls. I suspect that most easy going people who don't care just keep quiet.

I do have a few comments on the people who insist on making worthless flaming posts in rip reporting threads. First of all, you sound like you're ten when you say stuff about "die rippers" and make gun loading sounds. Secondly, they will never read the thread and thus not be threatened by that BS. Why not follow biriwilg's example and be calm and polite about things?

I also agree with papyworld that this ripping business is rather ironic. MT is full of scans and walls ripped from art books, magazines, pencil boards, and other merchandise. If ripping was really so evil, that would be condemned as well. Not just when it's inconvenient for MT members. If it's ok to post scans here as long as we don't claim credit for them, then why is it not ok for walls from here to be posted if no credit is claimed by that party?

I'm not trying to support ripping or anything. But I think the policy should be consistent with itself at the very least.

Signature Image

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

Jim i agree with you totally. You expressed better than i did this "irony".

so maybe should you all think about it ... don't you feel weird to start flaming or insulting people who "in a sense" did the same as you if we come back to the roots ? i insist on the meaning of each word.
I don't think weird that a polite discussion occurs between the author and the person who publish your work. As i said before, i think it's honorific if you succeed to make value your rights on such playgrounds as hongfire or saiyaman.
I take again an example, serj was at first very polite in his post. Then he received insults from mt members. Please notice the different tone he used in his next posts ...
aggression comes back to you !
i support Jim ; don't start insulting. don't loose your nerves. It doesn't give anything good ...

Support section

haha, people who think that they can rip without getting caught, kind of sad.

Well back to the serious side, I think that most people here get the point that ripping is bad especially when the rippers take the credits and claim them as their own. But Jim3535 brings up a good point about it's the same thing as people using scans without proper credits to the original artists.

i agree that we have to be courtesy towards everyone and keep our cool. Nobody likes to be yelled at so keep it really nice :) There's no way to stop ripping entirely but we can try to rise awareness.

Signature Image

so many ripped wallpapers these days ish sooooo not funniz
><

I never knew saiyman had ripped wallpapers

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 47 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.