Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Perfectionist parents - Minitokyo

Perfectionist parents

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 42 total items

Nah, I'm not a perfectionist and neither are my parents. I don't want my kids to be either.

cardmage

cardmage

After you

I'm not really a perfectionist. I do want to do my best at a lot of times, but I think being perfect is just a dream no one can reach. To err is human. Perfection, thus, is humanly impossible. My parents expect me to do my best, but of recent times, I suppose they'd come to trust me to do my best. Parents are always afraid kids will make mistakes. It sometimes get so bad that I find their concern unfounded or even irritating. I kinda understand your plight. If I had children, I suppose I'd want the best for them and for them to try their very best for themselves as well, but I wouldn't ask for perfection. I'd actually agree with you mother that its best to try to avoid mistakes she or other people have made. Your case doesn't seem to be about perfectionism or mistakes though. I'd say your parents don't want you to grow up so fast. Its a sticky situation.

You can't think that making your choice is or even may be a mistake though. What you have to think is that its an experience you want to gain, and though making choices sometimes entail painful experiences, such experiences will make you a better person. And that your mother may be making a mistake by not letting you follow what you think. Its your life after all. And you do have to grow up. Talk to her with this sort of thinking and maybe she will come round. For this IS indeed what you're trying to do.

If she's being too stubborn about it, I'd suggest talking to someone who she respects and will listen to and see if you can get them to your way of thinking. Its not the best way to do things, but its a method nevertheless. If possible, I'd suggest grandparents, for they had the time to watch your parents grow, the mistakes your parents made and the mistakes they made in bringing up your parents. But talking to your parents and hoping they'll come round is still the best method to handle this.

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

1mm0rt4l

Consummate Sniper

Quote by melmachine18A continuation of the story...now, I'm thinking that maybe my mother is
a perfectionist because she tells me that I shouldn't make the same
mistakes she made or what other people she has seen made. It's no
wonder why both my parents want me to go to college so close to home
because they think that something may happen to me if I go to a college
900 miles away. They want me to be this goody-goody...don't get me
wrong though because I am one...who will always go forth despite all
the bad things that are happening when I know that there are some bad
things that will be blocking my path anyway. I want to learn from my
own mistakes, and if I'm only taught about the mistakes that my parents
made, I would never experience the consequences for myself; thus, I
would be testing myself on how I would deal with the consequences. No
path is perfect; therefore, life isn't perfect. Life has its ups and
downs, and I wish my mother would further acknowledge that. My parents,
as a result, are quite the perfectionists in my opinion. I, as a
result, may be a perfectionist because of them because sometimes, I
expect the best of things as well, and I don't like errors.
So my questions to you:
- Are you a perfectionist?
- If you have parents, are your parents perfectionists? If so, what do
they expect out of you?
- For those of you who still live without sons or daughters, would you
want your children to grow up being perfectionists?
I'm open for any other opinions about my situation as well.

Answers:
-No
-Yes, and the best O_o;;;
-Nope

If life were perfect... it would be very boring O_o

Signature

Shadowdawn

Shadowdawn

The Iron Clad Goddess

I am not a perfectionist, but at the same time i like to learn from my parents mistakes, so that i don't go through the same thing twice. My parents were most certainly not perfectionalists, and they went through alot, so i want to learn from that. My parents also allow me alot of room to have my own experiances, and learn from my own mistakes.

"Little drops of water, Little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean, And the pleasant land. So the little minutes, Humble though they be, Make the mighty ages, Of eternity." -Julia Fletcher Carney
"To her, words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion which could be combined with other words to create powerful spells" - Dean Koontz

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

1.-no, but i try to make the things best possible
2.-nope,they only wants the best for my (like your fathers, try understand them)
:nya: :nya: :nya: :nya: see you later :nya: :nya: :nya: :nya:

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

I think I'm close to perfectionist, I want things to be in detail and as good as I expected.
My parents are great and I learnt a lot from them, for me they are perfectionist, they want me and my brother to be the best we can, sometimes they do push us to do things but if we feel like we can't or don't want to do, they're always ready to listen to our reasons. They used to teach us that "try to observe, not be observed" so that we can learn things and improve ourselves. And of course I want my children to be perfect, I want them to do the best they can no matter what the result is, I want them to try to do things to know just how good they can be......can not think of anything more. I guess that's all about it ^_^

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

-Are you a perfectionist?
I was it in high school, with the groups homeworks, but now I don't like to be like that, is to much effort!
- If you have parents, are your parents perfectionists? If so, what do they expect out of you?
My father is the one that is like that, he always wants things to be done the way he wants, but can take my own decisions, like what wanted to study and to what University and things like that, the things that he like to be done to his ways are things like travels or things that have to be done at the house.
- For those of you who still live without sons or daughters, would you want your children to grow up being perfectionists?
I would like them to do things the best they can, but they have to live their lives and can't protect them, so have to teach them to take their own decisions!
Don't know if you were refering to that! :nya:

Earn money reading e-mails here

ozma255

ozma255

Vectorman!

1. Sometimes, not allways

2. My parents allways reminded me to be a responsible person, they wern't that strict or anything.

3. no. :)

Signature

Sira

Sira

Sira Keogh Lombard

- if you have parents, they are its perfeccionistas parents? If it is thus what hope outside you? - for those of you that still you live without the children or the daughters, you wanted that their children grew for above who are perfeccionistas?

But the imprtante thing is what your you feel of which happens and you must speak it with your parents approaches deloque piesnsas and you feel Now with respect to your

1.-Si questions in some aspects if I am extremdamamente perfeccionista in story to details, some things that I like

2. - If I have them and I understand perfectacmente to you, yuve that to go with a psicologo for that reason

3-that of potential my maximo and that want to me and make what I feel, clear that conla aprovacion of them

4. - In a part to be perfecionistas is that you ienes that to surpass every day but, pro maloes that sometimes you arrive at the obsession

Todo depende de uno

"Miembro de: [Hispanime]"
"Miembro de: [Ecchi-club]"

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

- I'm not a perfectionist. But I always try to my best.
- No. My parents are concerned to me. But they don't force me to be a perfectionist... They are satisfied who I am.
- No. I'll accept my sons/daughters for who they are. I'll try to understand them.

kimifox

kimifox

dysfunctional idealist

I consider myself an impatient perfectionist - which is its own kind of personal hell. ;)
i get completely irritated with myself when I am unable to understand something or complete something to my standards. And I have very high standards - the things I do must be exactly as I see them in my head! Except they never are. *sigh*
I think that my parents expect me to be perfect. I don't think that they judge themselves by the standard of perfection, though. I think they gave up. So they seem to hope that I'll gain ground where they were unable to. No pressure there. *rolls eyes*
If I ever have kids, I want there to be no doubt in their little minds that I love them no matter what - that they don't have to be perfect. No doubt. Sometimes I doubt.
I've tried to talk to my parents about this before and they looked at me when I was insane when I told them that I feel unworthy when my performance isn't up to spec. Well, it's how I feel. If I have kids, I want to do what I can to ensure that they never feel that way.

Signature
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/forcefirefox/"]Force Firefox[/url] The Fox Loves You. Love the Fox.
[url="http://groups.minitokyo.net/order-of-reason/"]Order-of-Reason[/url]

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Are you a perfectionist?

In many ways, this evidently holds true for me, but nearly.

However, even as much of a perfection I wish to paint on this splendid portfolio of mine **Shuffles her folders in order** Ahh, there!

Anyways, like I was stating, even though I may have sought for perfection, I only do it to things which I find very motivating towards me, and something of higher value. If it is done to improve my status, and perhaps even send me towards a more beneficial role in the long run, then of course, I might as wellpitch in.

The wedding I planned just two weeks ago - I wasn't too much of a perfectionist there. How come? Simple tool of the trade. It's not my call and I can't run things all the time, for everybody. That's why I love to step down at times and have other people aid in my assistance. I believe perfection from one mind is not quite compatible with what others have in mind, so to have a well-rounded perfection which may be flawed, a much greater value than from one which is indeed, as I may consider it to be, narrow-minded and evidently, lop-sided.

All for one, and one for all.

If you have parents, are your parents perfectionists? If so, what do
they expect out of you?

Of course I have parents, though my mother is no longer here with us right now. She moved to a different city to pursue her own business career. Understandable. Perfectionists? My dad - heck no. My mom may lean towards it, but I'm of a perfectionist than even her. However, we all don't really mind too much. I mean, I wouldn't worry on such small matters - like ooh, does this look good? Or - what do you think? Yap it a thousand times. Utter frustration, I suppose. **Shrugs**

Quote by melmachine18I'm open for any other opinions about my situation as well.

It's no wonder why both my parents want me to go to college so close to home because they think that something may happen to me if I go to a college 900 miles away. They want me to be this goody-goody...don't get me wrong though because I am one...who will always go forth despite all the bad things that are happening when I know that there are some bad things that will be blocking my path anyway.

Well sometimes people have to also realize that as their children grow up, you have to just - let them go. Guess maybe your parents love you for the way you are, even though they may indirectly show it, I suppose. But over time, they'll have to unbar you anyways, so might as well take freedom by the horns. I agree that interdependence is key to promoting a well-balanced lifestyle, but to me, as long as your parents say that the doors to the front is always open to you whenever you are in trouble, that's all that really matters, and believe me, when my parents told me that as I went to university, I'm just glad I got all the help I can get. Yes, my parents may not be perfectionists, a little cruel at times, but as I got older, they got more lenient on me. I would gladly say they are good parents, despite other parents from my friends. **Shudders** Don't go there.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

LoneTenchi

LoneTenchi

Has come back to MT

No I'm not even close to being a perfectionist. I want to make my own mistakes which at times can be very hard. See my mother and grandmother aren't perfectionists either but they are very protective. My mother often tells me that when I go to college she's going to move close by so that I can live at home. Even though I tell her I don't want her to she insists saying that she just doesn't want hear it. *sigh* maybe it's because I'm an only child and she wouldn;t be able to bear it if something happened to me. Still I can't stand it when they try to control my life. I know they mean well but it gets so annoying. :sweat:

Signature

i would say do whatever your parents tell you to do. believe me, they would definitely NOT want to see you do the same thing that they did. they, in most cases, would know what's best and feeling miserable for a little bit is going to pay off. sometimes going through with your own routes is wrong since it's something that you probably havent tried before

LucyXlostangelwings

LucyXlostangelwings

Tomorrow's Way~

I see myself as a perfectionist. I always want to get everything perfect, and if I don't it feels like there's a hole somewhere in me.....personally, this "habit" is not something I want to have. I do not think that everything on this earth can be perfect. By being the perfectionist I am, people see me as a smart and tidy person. (*cough*) >.<

I'm afraid that, when I grow up and have kids of my own, I'll try and whip them into perfect little robot/goody-goods. Right now, I feel like I'm doing that to my younger siblings, so I have begun to correct myself. I believe that no one can be perfect.

As for my parents, well, my mother's ok...she wants me to just be me and she doesn't care whether I'm a good student/perfect child or not, just as long as I'm myself, that I can be an individual. :) But....as for my dad....well, he is the worst "perfectionist parent" ever. T_T He literally wants me to be a perfect daughter. Every little thing I do wrong, he would yell at me or critisize. Around him, I feel like I can't express myself at all. I'm always feeling scared of what he might say if I did something. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad, but there are times when I wish his expectations of me aren't so high.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Cagari

Cagari

Eh?

My parents.....nah. I don't think they are perfectionists. Well, my mom is a person who worries alot, but not a perfectionist. My dad teaches me alot of spiritual stuff, but he makes sure that I'm learning. They don't really bother me that much though. Me? I don't think I'm a perfectoinist, although I learn from my mistakes, but I do encourage other people to do the right things. (they don't listen most of the time....-_-) But my parents don't force me or anything; they let me live as I want, as long as I don't get into any trouble. They make sure that I'm ok though.....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/RebelSoulKaze/cagari.gif

artriki

artriki

gif dbz

When it comes to my art I want it to be flawless I never know who is going to see it. Sometimes I just get lazy and say I'm done and then come back and sharpen it up. It is the same with my poetry or raps I don't like to share them if they don't hit hard. In my life I let the rain fall thats just me and I can't help it. But I can help you and anyone that asks for help so for me things are not all that bat even when they are. I always want eveyone to be happy even if I dislike them. So in a sence I want you to be perfect because I know I am not.
Now if your talking about being a christian well thats a whole new topic. maybey I will come back and share the jesus perfection. I think you should go to school just out of your parents reach so they can help you but not be on top of you it will help[ you find you even if you think you are alrady you I have not met anyone that stayed the same after college. good luck and good life.

time can't be saved...only spent message from the TAO

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

If I was a perfectionist I probably wouldn't be a procrastinater and i wouldn't come up with essays and such right on the spot either....so i guess i don't qualify as a perfectionist ^_^

i guess my parents are perfectionists in a way, but all they expect from me is good grades [A's if possible and to be the best...?]

No way. if my children grew to be perfectionists i would be pretty sad. Everyone has to know that nothing in the world is perfect. If they believed that something wasn't good enough and started stressing over one small detail that is left out and they ahd to redo the whole thing, that is what i would never want to see happen to my children.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 42 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.