Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Strategy games? - Minitokyo

Strategy games?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Yamcha

Yamcha

Wandering Wolf

What's the general opinion of strategy games (ex. Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea, Tactics Ogre) here? I like turn-based games, but RTS ones are fun with friends too. In general it seems that they're catching speed slowly but surely here. Btw, this is my first real topic here so just making some conversation here. ^_^

<Signature here>

Fulgore

Fulgore

...insert title [here]...

I'm more into RTS games (especially WarCraft). They can be really fun when you're online. Or even offline for that matter. I really don't enjoy the turn-based style some games employ, but if the rest of the game is great then it's tolerable.

I'm glad to have been a part of this discussion.

Signature

Yamcha

Yamcha

Wandering Wolf

My main complaint with RTS games is the micro-managing aspect. I don't like thinking on my feet and deploying troops as fast as I can. I like turn-based games because I get to take my time and make a good move.

And well, I get pwned badly in RTS games. ^_^;

<Signature here>

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

each one is different, but in strategy timing IS superlative. is not just pure strategy, is more like real life. chances don't come often :\

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

turn based all the way :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

the only one i liked was the original front mission and i actually loved that game, one of my favs actually

did anyone catch La Pucelle Tactics and/or Front Mission 4?
would be nice to see some Final Fantasy 2 sometimes in the future =)

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

nothing beats a good ol past time of warcraft strategy style ^_^

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

I don't like these games, but surprisingly, when lent to by a friend, I crush the enemy quite fast. I guess I don't have the patience to play with the enemy and instead kill them asap. Therefore I don't enjoy it.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

raging_otter

Not In

Quote by FulgoreI'm more into RTS games (especially WarCraft). They can be really fun
when you're online.

yup i prefer online RTS too like wc3 and starcraft
playing RTS games with your friends is defintely more fun :)

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

I love Disgaea and La Pucelle, but I've always preferred turn-based RPG's over strategy.

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

In general I don't like stratagy games, too much build build build, then finally attack.... rebuild rebuild.... repeat... but I definatly like the rts's more

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - Albert Einstein

Yamcha

Yamcha

Wandering Wolf

RTS games are more about speed and blitzing bases than waiting it out to plan a strategy. Once you get down the right combinations and the order to do them it becomes more memorization oriented. Fast strategy isn't my forte though... -_-

i might go pick up La Pucelle later in the weekend.

<Signature here>

strategy games. Final fantasy. I suck at games like WC3 and SC .. and stuff like that. I can't build fast enough and i get my ... kicked by my brother..
especially in wc3.. it's so sad.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

Quote by raging_otter

Quote by FulgoreI'm more into RTS games (especially WarCraft). They can be really fun
when you're online.

yup i prefer online RTS too like wc3 and starcraft
playing RTS games with your friends is defintely more fun :)

true except war3...the computers on that game are so hard that they provide lots of entertainment trying to crush them >_<

kenzuke

kenzuke

Victimized

I like blizzard stlye games! XD

Quote by Yamchastrategy games (ex. Final Fantasy
Tactics, Disgaea, Tactics Ogre)

did you play Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth? =/

I like strategy games. Thats mainly because I like thinking type of games. ALthough some strategy games don't offer much "strategy". I like the multiplayer aspect. Playing against someone else is infinitely more fun than the AI

Yamcha

Yamcha

Wandering Wolf

Quote by leiche

Quote by Yamchastrategy games (ex. Final Fantasy
Tactics, Disgaea, Tactics Ogre)

did you play Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth? =/

No, I heard nothing but bad things about it. Maybe if I find it for a cheap price I'll try it out.

<Signature here>

Laser

AkaKori

I am a total Civilization freak ^_^ I can spend days on it with little food or sleep. My mates say I should've took a degree in Civ rules as i'm a veritable encyclopedia of Civ details. O.o

Machinae Supremacy - The origin of SiD-metal. Rock plus SiD sound chip (C64/Amiga/etc). Go to: www.machinaesupremacy.com
Machinae forums: http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com

Yamcha

Yamcha

Wandering Wolf

Heh. To anyone interested in turn-based games, Target is having a sale on La Pucelle for $20. I looked for it but they're all sold out in my area. ;_;

<Signature here>

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.