Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What makes a hero? - Minitokyo

What makes a hero?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Well many people have different opinions regarding this. For me its not necessarily dying for someone but is helping others no matter who they are or what they did, without any rewards or payment. I could be wrong you know, so, I want to know your opinions.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Hmm... Being a hero isn't necessary to die on a war or something. You have to be a simple person who makes people happy and help them with all you can.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

use your powers for the greater good than a tool of evil.

My husband is a hero. A decorated warrior in the usaf, He is a Tribal Ranger for a local tribe of Indians and works with search and rescue as a rescue climber.

He is a hero for a lot of reasons but moslty because he protects me and is always there when I need him. That was proven the night I was assaulted and almost raped in a parking lot. I walked to the car alone and I was grabbed, the next thing I know Ranger was there to protect me.

Lutherniel09

Lutherniel09

The Sinner

Courage!! The will to protect!! The heart to love!! Loyalty to the end!! Charity to the people!! w00t!!

Signature Image

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

Quote by az-chanFor me its notnecessarily dying for someone but is helping others no matter who they are or what they did, without any rewards or payment.

I agree with you. You don't have to die to become a hero. A hero is willing to help anybody.

sean392

Life is a Road to Nowhere...

Quote by AkaikenHmm... Being a hero isn't necessary to die on a war or something. You have to be a simple person who makes people happy and help them with all you can.

well said..... i second every word of this :D

Life have taught me, being nice will get you killed
being helpful will get people to take advantage of you
Call me evil, i will do whatever it takes, to bring everyone down to their knees.

ClockWorkDragon

ClockWorkDragon

King Of Fools

The eye of the beholder. Whatever anyone views as a hero.

I Don't Won't No Trouble

headaches4ever

headaches4ever

ruled by her cat

hmmm.... heroes...... well they all have their special qualities, but i do believe they need (1) superpowers of course! (2) heroes need to have courage and have a motive to save the helpless (3) I think they need to expierience something terrible before they become all hero like! well that is a good question......

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

I have a Lone Wolf Complex som I'm refraining to answer.... all I can say is it's best to be alone......

Signature

making people happy by being yourself. you don't have to save the world to be a hero.

Be yourself and have good carater, respect the others. :D

A hero is a paragon of virtue. He is a warrior (I use this term both literally and metaphorically) that stands up, and fights against what he sees as wrong, or unjust. And yes, while he doesn't have to die for what he believes in, he must no be afraid to do so. Most importantly, a hero must be selfless; doing what he does for the sole purpose few others will.

However, I do not believe a hero has to be a "good" man. The world is far to complex for absolutes. A hero may do acts, in the name of his cause, that others find deplorable.

At risk of going into a rant, and getting into some touchy topics, I'll end this here.

shijiroken

shijiroken

Angel that finds his "Heaven"

Quote by az-chanFor me its not necessarily dying for someone but is helping others no matter who they are or what they did, without any rewards or payment.

ofcourse.... I certainly agree with you... but to become a hero, one must have the feeling to be one and one must have the courage, strength and believes to do what is right... also, as long as you devoted all of the good works to Him( you know what I mean.. ) hmmm. what else?? one must have the dignity, a will to protect...( it was said already)...

Heaven

A hero must be unique. He must be the strongest force for his cause (he doesn't neccesarily have to fight for good, evil has heroes too). He must be the leader of his cause and must make a beneficial contribution to their cause.

Uniqueness is the most important quality of a hero though. I find it sickening when anyone says their parents are their heros.

"It's not the great who are strong, it's the strong who are great." - Albel Knox

Eh...a very subjective question.

Whether you are society's hero or just an individual's hero, you must meet the requirements. That is, you must retain all the values that the society/individual values.

For example, as some above have stated, a selfless person who makes others happy. Alright, nice guy, a hero, right? Sure, in their minds.

But what about for people with different mentalities? For example, a hero could be a person who destroys infidels for a radically religious cult. Or maybe it could be a person routs all of the Native Americans from "our" lands (Andrew Jackson, anyone? If I remember correctly, he was somewhat popular).

A hero is a hero only to a certain group or individual, and could be a tyrant or a complete loser to others.

A hero is somebody who wears a cape :)

Be Free and Masturbate

IcyFyre

IcyFyre

I love WoNdeRL@nD

a hero is someone who can make you feel happy when you are down....and saves and protects you from all the evil in the world. or someone who loves and cares for you very much and would die for you so that you could be safe from harm....a hero is not selfish in any way, caring, thoughtful, kind, generous, protective, loving, strong-minded, and a lot of other things.....thats what i think makes a hero....

to all of those people who kno and care for me.......farewell........
jk
~Roxy~

Signature
~*We come to love by seeing an imperfect person perfectly*~

someone who doens't neccesary have to be the most powerful but with lotsa wisdom :D

-teaego

I don't think there's right answer or a wrong answer.

And, as Mystfyre said, it's all about perspective. Like that famous quote, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Well, in this case, it's "Heroism is in the eye of the beholder."

As for my opinion...well, show me someone, their actions, and their true personality, and then I'll tell you if I think they're heroic or not...

"War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left."
- Anonymous

Member of nothing 'cause I'm too lazy to join.

redblitzkrieg

redblitzkrieg

Greatness, at any cost

I cannot answer this cuz im not a hero..
When it comes to programming, I only help people on their thesis/projects in exchange of money. If they cannot afford my price, then forget it.

But i hav a friend that is always willing to help anybody and since were good friends, i ended helping him to help other people.. that sucks..

â??Eye of twilight, give us sight.
Take our offer, give us might.
Make our power tears of night.â??

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

being a hero is just simply being there to help nd guide you all the way. its that it. when someone is willing to share his/her time with you, ready to commit and ready to save you. that's a hero for me.

A hero in my opinion can be anyone. Everyone has the ability in them to do something noble or admirable. You just have to develop that strong sense of rightous or justice.

RabienRose

RabienRose

Love ya!

I think THAT being A HERO IS JUST facing YOUR fears AND doing whats right :D

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.