Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Technicals or Concept? **for WALLS** - Minitokyo

Technicals or Concept? **for WALLS**

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Well, I was wondering, if you were to judge or see a wall, would you rather like a perfect wall in terms of its technical matter such as lighting, effects etc. or in terms of having a good concept. backed up by a really good.. erm.. concept. XD

well, we are safe to say that it can be the balance of the two. But it is time to be biased!

As a waller, i personally like a "technically perfect" wall better but as an audience, I'd love to see unique original and good concepts!

So, what's your say? :)

Be opinionated as possible. :) Thanks.

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

me too i like also technically perfect, technically neat. im not of an artist thing because im not a waller, but as an audience i prefer it that way. i prefer it neat and detailed as much as possible.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kenzuke

kenzuke

Victimized

In the first place, I think of the concept before walling anything...so yeah concept...
BUT, I'm someone who likes detail and all those technical stuff.... and I think many walls lack that thing being technically correct... I usualy go for technically perfect walls.... as a waller myself.. ^^

..but I noticed that most people just go for concept even if the wall has wrong lighting, bad quality, stuff..... OX

so maybe I'll just go for a balanced.... I'd still fight for quality though!! XD

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by angelrheame too i like also technically perfect, technically neat. im not of an
artist thing because im not a waller, but as an audience i prefer it
that way. i prefer it neat and detailed as much as possible.

i pretty much like neat works too. But ofcourse, there are several grunge works that are ok to be slightly "un-neat" but that doesn't necessarily mean that you should start spilling stuff all over the wall. @_@;

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Huh. I care for both. And I don't look exactly as those aspects. What matters is if you like it or not, that's all... there can be different reasons that lead you to like a wallpaper, personally I value both aspects but in the end I just look at the final result. The wallpaper has some minor flaws? I am not trashing it if I still like it and if it has a nice concept. The wallpaper is flawless but is "unoriginal"? I am not trashining it if I still like how everything has been executed. This is my own point of view, of course.

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by kenzuke..but I noticed that most people just go for concept even if the wall has wrong lighting, bad quality, stuff.....

yes i noticed this too. But i guess like what ShiNN said, it would still depend on your taste of whether you'd like it or not. :) much like when you see something on TV, You don't just say you like it because its technically nice.. I guess we all have the options to choose from. :)

Quote by angelrhea i prefer it neat and detailed as much as possible

I was just wondering, if there was a wallpaper that need not be too detailed, wouldn't that still be said as technically perfect?? i mean, if a wall was really meant to be uber simple to show a certain form of art (like in paintings........ you know those uber abstract paintings??). I guess it would still be dependent on the audience. i guess.

Quote by ShiNN84Huh. I care for both. And I don't look exactly as those aspects. What
matters is if you like it or not, that's all... there can be different
reasons that lead you to like a wallpaper, personally I value both
aspects but in the end I just look at the final result. The wallpaper
has some minor flaws? I am not trashing it if I still like it and if it
has a nice concept. The wallpaper is flawless but is "unoriginal"? I am
not trashining it if I still like how everything has been executed.
This is my own point of view, of course.

Thanks for participating in the thread! ^^ you have such a wise answer!!

Signature Image

asta

asta

I'll wait Forever...

Quote by angelrheame too i like also technically perfect, technically neat. im not of an
artist thing because im not a waller, but as an audience i prefer it
that way. i prefer it neat and detailed as much as possible.

mee too, though i'm a waller I dont know how to judge things but just like what angel rhea said I also prefer neat walls ^_^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kenzuke

kenzuke

Victimized

Yep, what matters is if you and people would like it... if it's supposed to be dirty, simple, detailed, or whatever..... as long as it fits its theme,.. well... then it's good for me... XD

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

technicality is better, though as a viewer i would like to see a nice concept cos it got boring if everybody do the 'typical'

Signature

ShiNN

ShiNN

O RLY?!

Quote by tarerentechnicality is better, though as a viewer i would like to see a nice concept cos it got boring if everybody do the 'typical'

lol, you should explain this to the majority of MT community, appearently they only fave the classic "cute girl+clouds+stars" trendwh0re concept =/. Seeing an abstract wallpaper or a tech one in the top faves almost sounds like an utopia. =_=

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I tend to enjoy more original concepts and weigh this more heavily; if a wallpaper has a unique (or at least not run-of-the-mill) concept, I'm willing to let some technical errors slide than if I saw a technically masterful image with a boring, bland, and overused concept, like the generic sceneric (and I will always complain about useless planets and moons, no matter how good they look on their own, if there is absolutely no purpose for them in an image except to fill up space or because everyone else puts moons and planets in their walls.)
Most of this stems from the fact that when I make a wallpaper I try to create something unique. I hate following trends; I'd rather forge my own path and who the hell cares if no one notices me. I take pride in the fact that others call my walls unique more so than the number of favs I receive, because for me, the concept has to be interesting first and foremost, and the only way it can be interesting is if it's different.

I think both are very important. The "techincal perfect" walls usually impress me a bit more though, since it shows the skills and dedication of the waller. Concept is also important as it shows the creativity of the waller but good concept that's not backed with good skills will ruin the wall. In my opinion anyway.

Signature Image

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by ShiNN84

Quote by tarerentechnicality is better, though as a viewer i would like
to see a nice concept cos it got boring if everybody do the
'typical'

lol, you should explain this to the majority of MT community,
appearently they only fave the classic "cute girl+clouds+stars"
trendwh0re concept =/. Seeing an abstract wallpaper or a tech one in
the top faves almost sounds like an utopia. =_=

yeah...

though i tried deviating from the typical idea already, seems everyone really likes to fav it. Not that I don't like it, infact I still do.. but sometimes it getting out of hand! OX

Signature Image

Eagle

Eagle

Full time sadomasochist

I like technically neat. it's technically the way to go :) lol

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

technically perfect....coz what matters hsould be your opinions....do you like it>>>>?
if you don't then it is not neat,,,,to your standard..

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

I like concept a whole lot more. It's all about showing other people the meaning of your wallie. Originality is something not seen in most wallpapers since most people tend to put in those cliche stuff (bishoujos, moons, stars, grass, etc).

Of course technicals must also be taken into consideration. Who would want to add a wallpaper with poorly extracted images etc to his/her favorites? :nya:

Latest wallpaper: I'm Still Waiting

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

i guess i go for concept more because if a wall is asthetically pleasing to me, then personally that's all that matters, and all the other technical things like lighting, placement, effects, etc doesn't have to be terribly perfect for me. i guess it's because i don't have the trained eye to spot those kinds of imperfections so i go with my feelings. and i usually prefer pretty scenic walls...and yes, those cutsie walls, too with the stars, grass, and mapled leaf trees...sorry... ^_^'

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

Ying

Ying

I'll Be Back!

I think a wallpaper have to have both to be good
cause what's the use in having a wall that technically look perfect if there's hundred af em?

Signature Image

Where there's Yin there's always Yang

Tantaga

Tantaga

Will Eat Your Children

Personally, I prefer a wall that has a balance of both aspects. If one were to weigh too heavily on one of the two, the wall would seem rather incomplete.

More on the subject though, I tend to think that original concepts are the key to truly great walls. As some of you have commented, many people at MT use the"cute girl in scene with bright grass & clouds" idea too much, leading to a lack in originality ... and a fav'ing spree that I find to be rediculous. There are some really great abstracts out there that deserve looking into ...

Generally speaking, if an artist takes the time to put out an original concept, they take the time to execute the design of the wall. Or so that would be in my case. Besides, as a waller grows in ability, they can refresh their previous concepts by re-doing them with their new skills. Although the artist may not get noticed immediately by using original concepts, with time their originality will show through and people will be drawn to their style ... might even start another trend XD .

Signature Image

lana

lana

Yume

Quote by ShiNN84Huh. I care for both. And I don't look exactly as those aspects. What
matters is if you like it or not, that's all... there can be different
reasons that lead you to like a wallpaper, personally I value both
aspects but in the end I just look at the final result. The wallpaper
has some minor flaws? I am not trashing it if I still like it and if it
has a nice concept. The wallpaper is flawless but is "unoriginal"? I am
not trashining it if I still like how everything has been executed.
This is my own point of view, of course.

Same here. Concept and technicality must work in harmony. And for the minor flaw thing, it's normal since this is what art is all about. We can say it's almost perfect, but not absolutely perfect.

Concept is a creation from the mind but the case for originality is very much needed. Of course, anything new and unique for sure leaves a striking first impression.

In terms of judging or deeper constructive critcism, quality and details are very significant factors on an astounding artwork. "Judging" is not an easy task, by the way. It's not as instant as just taking a glance or two, good judges narrow it all down. Organization, coordination, effects used, etc. This is where technicality comes in.

Quote by karaI think both are very important. The "techincal perfect" walls usually
impress me a bit more though, since it shows the skills and dedication
of the waller. Concept is also important as it shows the creativity of
the waller but good concept that's not backed with good skills will
ruin the wall. In my opinion anyway.

I also agree with kara said about having "good concept but not backed up with good skills ruins a wall." -A good concept is worthless if it ends up screwed just because he/she is not equipped with the right skills. It would just frustrate the artist because he won't be able to share that great idea with others.

But I don't mean being harsh to beginners for I'm not a waller myself. As usual, there's always an exemption to this category but I guess as time progresses, their abilities might enhance too if they really dedicate themselves to this field and with the help of trusted critics.

These two can't be separated. One needs the other to create true art. Well, this is just what I think. ;)

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

i'm more on the concept side, specially if the experience of the waller is to be considered. a lot of noobs might have good concepts, but still have no idea on how to do it in whatever program that they use. yu can be technically good but lack originality and creativity.i'm more impressed with unique walls even though it contains some flaws..

well like i dont make wallies cuz i cant well now, anyway i dont know much about wallie so sry but i love the job that u guys do its so kool great job all of u :)

I like both. It totally depends on the person making it. Like some of those tech and abstract ones are sooo awesome. It's just impossible for me to decide.

Signature

Balance! Well I say that technical perfect comes first and then the concept.

If you don't have an idea then what's there to do? If you just throw a wallpaper together because you just want to use a scan is a bad idea. Go outside, watch a movie or whatever to get an idea first.

Okay, the original concept is will be bad if you don't have the technical perfect, it's pretty much what brings the wallpaper together. The lighting and effects spruce up your wallpaper! If the moon is on the right and light is coming from the left then we got a problem xd

i like to see wallpapers with all those things, not just a background that's been filter whore and no idea where's it's going.

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.