Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FAVS? - Minitokyo

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Yo, guys I agree with all of the afforementioned.... Which is quite a bit to agree to. REAL critisism rocks- please NOTE that- okay I'll kill the capitals now..... I also thought about just adding a lot of people randomly to my FL, so I can get people to look at my stuff.
Butt-kissing sucks, well...er...butt! I think people are afraid to give an honest opinion, since they don't wanna be seen as nasty. I have almost NO time to do walls, I basically work ALL day (and it such a beautiful winter's day outside- hangs out of window to look at it- bug flies into eye-ow-vicious bug), and I am anal about not using scans but drawing my own stuff, so I have basically worked on one freking wall for almost two weeks now. There are some guys here that take only 1 hour- what up with that???? I wanna see new takes on my fav anime characters.

also if you do something from a popular anime rather than an original character you are more likely to get noticed.....

I think it's wise for me to keep my mouth shut...now..no, now...... now.....

zaira

zaira

call me tuna!

Quote by crewcifix

Quote by zaira

Quote by crewcifixyup. zai ish popular but i know deepinside that zaira
can unlock so much potential *nodds*
ok. nuff of mentioning ppl. On with the show ppl.

popular? i dunno that i'm popular, for me i'm just an ordinary girl who
makes a low qualitied *wondering if the spelling is right* wallies with
a paranoid personality :D

hehe.. i'm a paranoid person too. lol.
and no, don't look down on yourself with your walls. Trust me, you'll eventually get to make the right Kind of walls soon and who knows what instore for you. lol. :D

hehe crew-sama and moi are paranoid freaks!! hehe XD

Signature
soul-eater-shibusen sword-shana-lily tsubasa clampfans

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by zaira

Quote by crewcifix

Quote by zaira

Quote by crewcifixyup. zai ish popular but
i know deepinside that zaira
can unlock so much potential *nodds*
ok. nuff of mentioning ppl. On with the show ppl.

popular? i dunno that i'm popular, for me i'm just an ordinary girl who
makes a low qualitied *wondering if the spelling is right* wallies with
a paranoid personality :D

hehe.. i'm a paranoid person too. lol.
and no, don't look down on yourself with your walls. Trust me, you'll
eventually get to make the right Kind of walls soon and who knows what
instore for you. lol. :D

hehe crew-sama and moi are paranoid freaks!! hehe XD

grabeee!! freaks.. wag naman sana... ><

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Well, just a comment from me, there are also people getting faves from friends because they always faves the friends work and try to suck up to say that the frens' work is nice and all, and fav-ing every work the frens submit, one or the other some of the frens will waver and try to fave his work too (another advantage of huge frenlist, one out of I-dont-know-how-many-people will do it)

Signature

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

hehe... is this becoming a protest thread??

well anyway, its about time we have equality of rights don't u quite agree?

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

Athrun

Athrun

Flying Chain Chomp

Quote by crewcifixhehe... is this becoming a protest thread??

Eh~ I disagree for me. I think it's time I started updating and improving so I can hit 50 favs for once.

Also, I don't think things will change. :P Just deal with it. Unless there's a new rule, there's not gonna be much change.

Still buying pokemon cards?
My Ebay!
Don't miss out on very rare stuff! *Japanese Shiny Krookodile*, Full Art Ho-oh EX and Elesa deck sleeves! Very hard to find and very expensive from Japanese sellers! Get them while they're at a low cost! Ending very soon!

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by Athrun

Quote by crewcifixhehe... is this becoming a protest thread??

Eh~ I disagree for me. I think it's time I started updating and improving so I can hit 50 favs for once.

Also, I don't think things will change. :P Just deal with it. Unless there's a new rule, there's not gonna be much change.

lol. i guess so. But that's not the point of starting a thread.
A thread is started so atleast your voice gets heard. Even in simple terms. Whatever the outcome is, truly depends on everyone else.

The thread wasn't designed to function that way either but instead, to get insight from one another. :D

Signature Image

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

in my case, i only fav which i like or deserve only, even though he/she is my friend!
at least give some useful advise, not just only say "omg, awesome wall, thank for sharing +fav"

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by Tatsuyain my case, i only fav which i like or deserve only, even though he/she is my friend!
at least give some useful advise, not just only say "omg, awesome wall, thank for sharing +fav"

hehe. i remember you replying a tad bit earlier. lol.
and yes, i noticed how much you've been gving advices. lol

Signature Image

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Yeah, only gave to those who deserves it, and I always leave comment on those that I saw...

Signature

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

Quote by crewfixhehe. i remember you replying a tad bit earlier. lol.

i honestly glad hear about it, but i hope comment is not too harsh ^_^'

Signature

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by Tatsuya

Quote by crewfixhehe. i remember you replying a tad bit earlier. lol.

i honestly glad hear about it, but i hope comment is not too harsh ^_^'

hehe. they aren't harsh! *pets you* lol.

tame i say.. tame! XD

Signature Image

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

Quote by crewcifixhehe. they aren't harsh! *pets you* lol. tame i say.. tame! smiley

lol thank for your compliment, appreciate it a lot ^^

Signature

Maybe you guys should all draw HUGE Scary manga eyes on your characters, to hypnotise people into giving you favs- you know like "come into the light....."

Mindless adulation might be nice..think of te power...

Well... there's not much I can say that haven't been said already :D

Quite often I get pretty annoyed at how some pretty low quality walls hit the highlighted submissions just because the artist has heaps of friends.
I can understand how people add many others to their friendslist so their work would be noticed. There's nothing more annoying than working your butt off for hours, days or even weeks and then hardly anyone looks at your work. But with that said, the fav system is pretty flawed and is not doing what it's supposed to do. But there's really not much we can do about it. I whinge all the time to anyone who's willing to listen but that's not going to change anything >.>

I admit that sometimes I'm guilty of the 'omg +fav' crime XD But I try to make constructive comments though sometimes I just can't think of anything so it ends up being 'wow great!'. But what pisses me off is when I make good critical comments but they pay no attention at all. I mean most good wallers are always ready to listen, it's just some people.

On the topic of cute girls, starry/planet-y walls. It's not like I support them over other styles, but it seems the general audience of MT enjoy these kinds much more and they get more attention. If your work doesn't get the attention it deserves it does get very discouraging so I think many wallers had to adapt to this to avoid severe 'waller's depression' >_> I'd take up another style or wall guy scans any day but if you peek in the MT scan, the female scans is about 10 times bigger than the male scans... ontop of that male scan walls are so underrated here that it become to seem pointless.
Yeah and this obsession with ecchi is just... ugh. Browsing through the female scans section looking a for something to wall and seeing about 95% of them being ecchi/bordering on hentai really makes me sick.

Heh I said I have nothing to say, but will you look at that @_@ I talk too much >.< *shuts up*

Signature Image

kenzuke

kenzuke

Victimized

Yeah, to prevent that wallers depression I just had, I had to be more active so people would notice me more.. >_< ... I guess that's what I lacked.. XD

Ikorus

Ikorus

Silly Narcissist

Quote by kenzukeYeah, to prevent that wallers depression I just had, I had to be more active so people would notice me more.. &gt;_&lt; ... I guess that's what I lacked.. XD

I love getting faves too, but I don't get much. I don't know why, maybe it's really because of the quality of my work, maybe it's because I don't have 300 friends or something. XD Ahehehe.... I try to forget about it from time to time and try to build up my confidence. It's working. :) Because I know not everything in the world is fair. ;)

Anyway, hey Kenzuke, didn't you just start a new thread regarding a rating system? Will you push through with it? And I noticed you've gotten more active, huh? I saw some of your guestbook posts on gbs. LOL. I try to be more active too. I don't know if that's working though... ~_~

Quote by karaWell... there's not much I can say that haven't been said already :D
Quite often I get pretty annoyed at how some pretty low quality walls hit the highlighted submissions just because the artist has heaps of friends.
I can understand how people add many others to their friendslist so their work would be noticed. There's nothing more annoying than working your butt off for hours, days or even weeks and then hardly anyone looks at your work. But with that said, the fav system is pretty flawed and is not doing what it's supposed to do. But there's really not much we can do about it. I whinge all the time to anyone who's willing to listen but that's not going to change anything &gt;.&gt;
I admit that sometimes I'm guilty of the 'omg +fav' crime XD But I try to make constructive comments though sometimes I just can't think of anything so it ends up being 'wow great!'. But what pisses me off is when I make good critical comments but they pay no attention at all. I mean most good wallers are always ready to listen, it's just some people.
On the topic of cute girls, starry/planet-y walls. It's not like I support them over other styles, but it seems the general audience of MT enjoy these kinds much more and they get more attention. If your work doesn't get the attention it deserves it does get very discouraging so I think many wallers had to adapt to this to avoid severe 'waller's depression' &gt;_&gt; I'd take up another style or wall guy scans any day but if you peek in the MT scan, the female scans is about 10 times bigger than the male scans... ontop of that male scan walls are so underrated here that it become to seem pointless.
Yeah and this obsession with ecchi is just... ugh. Browsing through the female scans section looking a for something to wall and seeing about 95% of them being ecchi/bordering on hentai really makes me sick.
Heh I said I have nothing to say, but will you look at that @_@ I talk too much &gt;.&lt; *shuts up*

Kara, I agree with you completely! You said almost everything I was about to say. :nya: I guess most of us wallers are caught up in the same situation.

Signature
Latest wall: Archway to the Elysian Fields (an original abstract wallpaper)
I'll only dread one day at a time. - Charlie Brown

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

Quote by karawhen I make good critical comments but they pay no attention at all. I mean most good wallers are always ready to listen, it's just some people.

some member's don't like be commented upond, they like to be praise only!
even though it's not deserve!

Signature

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

woah!! this thread progressed so much!!

Signature Image

oi, but it's nice getting your head patted esp behind hard to reach places like your ears... aw that's the spot.....

But seriously what can be done to such a situation, I think last week there was a thread prettymuch like this

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

ah, everyone said so much, lol, and true too ^_^' well, i honestly think the reason why ppl fav, is explained above, to suck up ta ppl, ecchi-ness or cute girls, blah blah blah. but i think most of the favs is from noobs or ppl who continously juss write "omg, cute girl, etc etc! +fav!" they prolly will continue this tread w/o realizing they have to look at the bg, or if the quality of the scan is good or not as well as other stuff. they are prolly still new to the community ^^; lol, i hope i made sense @_@ im juss speaking from experience cuz now i fav things carefully ^^

Signature

lana

lana

Yume

Quote by kenzukeYeah, to prevent that wallers depression I just had, I had to be more
active so people would notice me more.. &gt;_&lt; ... I guess that's
what I lacked.. XD

Good luck!!! :) I think it's okay for you to undergo depression stuff but don't let those shallow people bury you down. lol, They're too stupid to notice the "real thing." :nya:

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by voodoooi, but it's nice getting your head patted esp behind hard to reach places like your ears... aw that's the spot.....

But seriously what can be done to such a situation, I think last week there was a thread prettymuch like this

lol. Really?? but this thread ain't closed so I guess its a bit different. Maybe because dis one deals more with ppls point of view.

I saw a thread quite earlier planning to have a new MT Rating System. Who knows, it might just come possible. :D

Signature Image

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by ShiNN84- A nice looking thumbnail: again, most of the people are too lazy to full view a wallpaper, you'll often see really well done wallpapers being ignored just becuase their thumbnail doesn't look "awesome". Bleh.

This is perhaps one of the stupidest ways to avoid a wallpaper. Just because a thumbnail doesn't look good doesn't mean that the wallpaper itself will not look good. Then again, most members are leechers and they like to go for the oh-so-sexy scans, the ones they know they'll get pleasure from. Grow up, people! Get girlfriends! Instead of trying to help your own self, which in turn is a bit selfish, try to help someone else improve and give them more confidence in what they do.

I am quite the critic when it comes to wallpapers. When I view a wallpaper, I try to scope out as much detail as possible before I get into a comment, but sometimes, depending on the wallpaper, I may not want to do anything. Even for my wallpapers, I know I receive some criticism in return, then in the end, I wonder if my wallpapers are just as bad as some of those that reached the top submissions. Favorites builds confidence, but however, it's a pretty bad system, and I'm sure that some members would benefit from a change.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 76 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.