Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Recommendations for a good scanner. - Minitokyo

Recommendations for a good scanner.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

TLTw804

TLTw804

TheLostTimberwolf

Im looking at getting a decent scanner, upgrading my current one, but i dont know whats good anymore, so im asking around to see what ppl have/use and like.
I currently have a canon N670U, it doesnt bring colors across very well. Also i find the platten a bit small.

Any help appreciated :)

Signature
One day I will find Myself, but when I do will I like what I have found?

zulu

zulu

- flails -

I have this epson all in one thing, it's a scanner and a printer......

I can only say don't get visioneer, that thing is horrid.

bleakreserve

bleakreserve

true reflections

:\ my friends an i just bought a 240 dollar scanner.. i heard the hp scanner/ inkjet combo is quite good

Love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image... otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. ~ Unknown

Signature Image

Epson are very good ;)

TLTw804

TLTw804

TheLostTimberwolf

kewl :) its good to see that some things dont change :) Epson and HP are still good quality for scanners/printers.

Thanks for the tips, always open for more advice :)

Signature

i'm using a fb330p and it's a flat-bed scanner. it does it's job pretty well, but most scanners that are flat basically suck in quality

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I have a Canon LiDe20 scanner, which is quite inexpensive (I bought it for $40 on sale; the next model up (30) generally runs about $50-$70, and I believe it's already up to model 80 or probably higher by now) and does all that I need with no more fluff. It's slow, but for magazines I generally scan at 300dpi, which serves its purpose for making wallpapers. If you want to use your scanner for photos and photo manips, you'll probably want a higher model since you'll need to scan at 600dpi and possibly 48bits of color (the 20 has a max of 32bits of color). The platen is a typical 9x12 and has an expandable "z-lid" if you're scanning thick books and is USB powered. If you look at the scans in my gallery, most of them (anything resembling recent) labeled 'personal scan' were done on this scanner, scanned at 300dpi and sized down to a more reasonable size (ie 3000pixels max width/height).

TLTw804

TLTw804

TheLostTimberwolf

Thanks Tama-Neko for the information, i think maybe i should do a bit of reading and research into scanning techniques, your scanner is the next generation after mine i think, so there might be hope still.
Im only planning on scanning images for walling and posting here, nothing to hi tech.

All information is helping alot thanks guys.

Signature

butterflikysses

butterflikysses

~Diamond Dust Drops~

yeah i have canon n i don't particuarly like it, but i would go with hp they seem 2 be the photo experts

Signature Image

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

HP Scanjet 3570c. No scanner can match it. Perfect resolution, color sensitiveness is top notch, scan light is perfectly white, drivers and bundled soft are very easy to use and configure.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.