Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New Gallery conditions - Minitokyo

New Gallery conditions

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 96 total items

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

(Myself and Nuri had to write this essay to Sheq (with help from Kev), and he told me to post it here. So enjoy the new rules. XP)
<br>
<br>          We, the gallery moderators of Minitokyo propose the following idea for improving Minitokyo and making it an elite, if not the most elite anime gallery site on the internet: based on the condition of the gallery, we think it is in need of improvement-It has gotten out of hand with the small dimensions and poor file and quality sizes. So we think it would be in the best interest of the private and public members of Minitokyo to increase both of these: the file dimensions and file size. Plus, we've also come up with a way to reduce the amount (if not completely eliminate) wallpaper sized scans. All of this will also help reduce the amount of spam scans, which will be presented in detail further on.
<br>
<br>          At the current setting of 800,000 pixels per scan, one can scan a standard 8.5" by 11" piece of paper at 100 DPI quality and it is good enough for Minitokyo (at 935,000 pixels). However, that is still too small for a decent wallpaper. The longest side of that image in pixels is only 1100, which is still smaller than the recommended 1600 wallpaper resolution size. This is also assuming that the 8.5" by 11" image is in perfect condition, crisp and with minor artifacts, that do not require smaller sizing for better quality. As a solution to this issue, we suggest that the minimum upload size for a scanned image for Minitokyo be 1,000,000 pixels. This pretty much ensures that people are uploading their own scans, or scans worthy enough for Minitokyo. This will allow for minor resizing adjustments and larger lines so extraction of the subject matter is cleaner.
<br>
<br>          Along with the increased file dimensions, there should be an increase in file size. This is mainly because, with the smaller resolution, people are taking small scans, increasing the dimensions to give god-awful quality that we can't really spot from thumbnails. But we can knock out two birds with one stone by simultaneously increasing the dimensions and file sizes. This would also eliminate the possibility of low quality because for low quality you need small file sizes, and with something possibly upward of 300kb-500kb minimum, we completely diminish that problem. Plus, as a double-header to the increased file size this makes sure that we either have high-quality scans, or scans that are on a rather large scale that can be lessened massively for use-age.
<br>
<br>          As aforementioned, we've designed a way to eradicate wallpaper dimensioned scans. If we completely deny the use of scans that are: 640x480, 800x600 (even if they're under 1,000,000px), 1024x786, 1152x864, 1280x960, 1280x1024, and 1600x1200, this will kill any chance of uploading a scan that was a wallpaper. Also, other resolutions such as widescreen, MAC wallpapers, and double-monitor wallpaper resolutions should be restricted as well. We have all seen our share of 1600x1200 and lesser scans that are indeed wallpapers just put up to increase user level.
<br>
<br>          Inclusive to all of the previously mentioned, it will help decrease scan spamming by putting temporary bans on those who violate this more than three times (a further, more outlined template can be designed if needed)-along with that, the increase in file size and dimension and the restriction of wallpaper-sized scans will significantly decrease the amount of useless scans. If noticed, most of the poorly angled scans are low-resolution and low-quality. No high-resolution and high-quality is ever unusable.
<br>
<br>          So, in conclusion, the gallery and advertising staff of Minitokyo all agree that it would be in the best interest of the site to increase the dimensions and file sizes of the scans that we bring to Minitokyo. Along with that to restrict any type of wallpaper dimensions from the scan upload. Which, in turn will minimize the amount of spam throughout the gallery.
<br>
<br>          Thank you,
<br><br>                    Minitokyo Staff.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

Woot! Good to see it up XD

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Cool. Ever since I found this site, I have been recommending it to my friends. Keep up the great work.

DaveTheInsane

DaveTheInsane

hou je bek

Well dang.... I guess its for the better and MT has entered a new age......

I KNOW YOU'RE HERE. YOU LEFT A TRAIL OF HEAD JUICE
manhunt

People LISTEN TO ME I CAN'T DRAW ALLTHAT WELL, AND HAVEEN'T SUBMITTED MY OWN DRAWING YET.

niXan

l337

Nice! MT is getting better all the time. ^^

w0rd

Noe

Papa Noe

Ok. it is good idea. :D

i agree in improving the quality of scan them.
At the moment many of low quality -_- have raised.

Signature Image
Administrador (Administrator) Hispanime. Un solo idioma, una sola pasion. Hispanime

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Hmm .. i agreee... WEEE higher quality :D :D :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

i agree...there are soooo many scans that are just blehhhhh...stricter rules would make this place a whooooole lot better...yay for MT XD

Lord-Satorious

Lord-Satorious

Knight of Avalon

Good plan, I hope it will be effective against ripping of internet artist artwork and low resolution images resized larger which results in a poor quality scan. Of course, nearly everything that could be uploaded has been uploaded, but we'll see what the next crop of scans will bring under these new guidelines.

Lord_Satorious
The World-Wide Gundam Informational Network
"The Nu Gundam isn't just for show!" - Capt. Amuro Ray, UC 0093

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

lol...since i prolly won't be able to find many scans under these new rules...time to just sit bak and enjoy the super duper HQ scans come in XD

dahl

dahl

The light angel

Excellent initiative. I agree completely.

Member of [Hispanime]

thats an awesome idea, still doing an amazing work! ^^

Good idea. That should remove most of the useless scans.

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

ohhhh nooooooo >_<

i was planning to spam it to reach lvl 35 -_-

my plans have been spoiled -_-

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

tiantito

tiantito

-[D]-

sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Producto de exportacion Colombiano / Colombian exportation product
Signature

divad

defiance

ow.. that's pretty good!

*praises Jinzhou*
we're not worthy!!!

scans here should be as better as in animepaper.. or even best..

never argue with an idiot, they only drag u down to thier level, then beat u with their experience.
alexa is for alexa. alexa is against no one. alexa is youth. alexa has no age. alexa sees everything. alexa judges nothing. alexa is innocent. alexa comes from the past. alexa is the future.

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I agree its a good idea, too many crappy scans. What about the existing scans? Will i recieve a visit from bot chii on my border line scans.

Signature

Foolish-ishness

Foolish-ishness

.:Obaka-san:.

Nice, I like these new rules. Too many low quality scans -.-

Signature Image

KenshinFFX

KenshinFFX

Jaded Hitokiri

Hmm... I have found ways to give the low quality scans new life but not having to do that will indeed be a rare treat....

As for existing scans that are on the borderline I would hope that they are not visted by bot chii.

Thanks again Jinzhou..

MT rocks!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

Amen. Total amen. This is really what we needed, props to you and Nuri-chan for finally getting this out. ^_^ I'm itching to delete some low-res scans. ^_^

dayriver

^_^

Good. ^_^

Signature

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

hurray for new rules!! ^_^ i've been seeing so much crap lately that itz not even funny XD

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mmm good way to save space for mt ^^;

mokkorri

www.freewebs.com/acrossanimez

hmm, what can i say but just obey the rules :)

Sigimage deleted because it is in violation of the guidelines for signature uploading

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 96 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.