Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New Gallery conditions - Minitokyo

New Gallery conditions

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 96 total items

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Does that mean that I will be able to upload my 22 MB scans? XD

PS: What is about game cgs? The cgs from Ever 17 e.g. are pretty and with a resolution of 1280x960 quite nice to work with, but of course they do have wallpaper resolution.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

phaerax

phaerax

devoted spammer/leecher

hmmm... i must get a better connection to dl all this moster-sized stuff that will be flooding my screen from now on.
is this new rule only for the scans section? so doujinshi are not affected?

it was i.... I SAVED YOU!

Admin of TYPE-MOON-Ouendan

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

Quote by ZdenekThis won't help. The only means would be to have the scans checked by a human. People will resize it up anyway. And you are taking away the small scans, which don't have to be necessarily unusable. And filtering away the wallpaper-sized scans... someone will shrink it 1 line and your scripts are screwed again. There's no way like this! The only way is to check IT manually!

Jesus, talk about a freakin' mood killer. -_-' It'll be more effect than the current settings that we have now-- wouldn't you say? And besides, the bigger the scans means you can still make them smaller to fit a wall. So if you have something, or say over 2000x2000px, you can decrease it to a fine size with a good quality. -_-' Man...

I'll get to everyone's question's later. I have to go to work now. I just wanted to respond to Zdenek because I felt it a tad inappropriate. ^_^

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

three or four days ago, I sent a message to biriwilg through aim to ask her why now most scans on Minitokyo are small than 1000x1000 pixels.

Now, I really like this new rule ! It will show us real scans !

I'm a newb, so just ignore me if what I'm asking is stupid.

Firstly, with this new gallery conditions. I have tons of scans that are not my own but scoured everywhere from the Net. Now, you said in the notification that these new specs should stop people submitting scans that aren't their own. Assuming that they meet the quality standards set in the latest notification, can I still submit them? Just checking, I'd hate to be banned for a stupid mistake when I've just got here.

Secondly, what would I do with an image like this? It's obviously below the requirements but it's still a very cute image. Is there anywhere on the site (forum or otherwise) I can post it as is?

Cool, thanks for your time.

ok

Signature
	ImageE:\Documents\Mes images\NARUTO\ban 1.gif

elsenrail

hmmm.... i must say..

nice

Signature

Not for me, but always for somebody else .....

i agree there are soooo many scans that are just stricter rules would make this place a whole lot better for MT

i think it is good to donĀ“t get the level down like other sides have done

Is a good idea, I agree.!!!!

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by dustinsome scans are definitely too grainy or they have been made of from smaller images to bigger ones. Of course the quality goes way down if people do that and image doesn't look nice.
Smaller scans suck, people can't made decent size wallpapers from them. Some people still have 800x600. 1024x768 resolutions, but when they get new pc, they get automatically bigger monitor with it and can use bigger resolutions. If we stay back and do nothing, this website will be fulled with poor resolution images and bad quality scans.
Just do it. :)

Not everybody gets a bigger monitor with a new PC. They still make lots of monitors with the 800x600 to 1024x768 resolution. I prefer the 1024x768 resoulution. How much bigger monitor do you need? Right now most sites are geared towards 1024x768 resolution(with the excepion of fan made walls).Those huge reses(1600x1200) monitors are in my opinion designed for games.

This is just my opinion, Im sure some will dissagree. :) :) XD XD

Signature

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

i am completely agree with this rule change, a lot of crap is stored in MT, ans most of the scans are unusable.
but anyhow i think there are ways of getting over this rule and continue to scan spamming, so Zdenek's idea is not that bad, some mod should chech the new scans once a while and since the upload amount will decrease it should not be that hard to do.

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

agree

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

Quote by ZdenekThis won't help. The only means would be to have the scans checked by a human. People will resize it up anyway. And you are taking away the small scans, which don't have to be necessarily unusable. And filtering away the wallpaper-sized scans... someone will shrink it 1 line and your scripts are screwed again. There's no way like this! The only way is to check IT manually!

ROFL....that would be the BEST method to get rid of the LQ stuff....BUT resources are always limited and as we all have a life to deal with, we (mods) cannot possibly be checking every scan submitted for quality XD XD that is slave labour i tell u....haha

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

suntiger

suntiger

.::Angel of Chaos::.

Quote by GundamZZROFL....that would be the BEST method to get rid of the LQ stuff....BUT resources are always limited and as we all have a life to deal with, we (mods) cannot possibly be checking every scan submitted for quality XD XD that is slave labour i tell u....haha

yeah but since your cutting back on the smaller scans, which means fewer scans will be submitted, making it easier to check them.

I'm not saying I hate the idea (because I already said I loved the idea, and I do) but the smaller images *were* in fact useful in ways. I know alot of people who create winamp skins or layouts from the smaller images, but even the bigger scans can be shrunk so I dont have a problem. Just saying those scans were useful to some people ^^;

I thought of that idea with the wallpapers too, but even if they do shrink it, the thumbnails will look like a wallpaper, thus making people want to click it and see. And I'm pretty definate that every waller here knows the resolution sizes, and their shrinked forms from experience. The only way they can pull this off is by actually cropping the image.. even then theres bound to be people finding the image familiar and reporting it.

As for the blown up images, people are taking a risk there if they proceed with it. Its now a new rule, isnt it? If they're caught breaking this rule, however so many times, they will get banned. And let me tell you... with all the members and page views here daily, there are so many possibilites of being spotted. I just dont see how someone will get away with it.

AnimeLover2004

AnimeLover2004

AnimeLover

I see that's what all the fuss about. Ok, let's do it properly boys and gals.

I love Miyama Yuna (SHE's MY WIFE!!!) and I love anime.

Thanks for the notification! :)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Vanman

Spike Spiegel Sports

no complaints, i'm all cheers to the idea.

jornada

Gio

Estoy deacuerdo con la idea.

Las mentes son como paracaidas, solo funcionan cuando est

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Onward, Upward

Answers the question of "IS THIS A SCAN OR A wallpaper!!?!?!!?!?"

Signature
"There are absolutely no unsolvable problems. Instead of the foolish ignorabimus, our answer is on the contrary: We must know, We shall know."
-David Hilbert

WOW if God said it, i'd have to be 100% behind him! I agree! LOL

Quote by Osirisi dont even know why people want to submit low qual scans...thats like saying its ok to submit noob walls XD XD *runs*

Couldn't have put it better. XD *runs and hides her own walls* >.>
Good call, MT staff! :)

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

OKEY dokey!!!! heh he ^^-

Magically Delicious, yo.

Well, that's great and all, but what about all the repeat submissions? I've noticed quite a lot of pictures over and over again, some are even in succession! I know it'd be very time consuming (and I spent quite a bit of time going through 800 pages of just one section of scans) but I think it lessens the quality of the site's selection if you have so many of the same picture. What can we do about that?

orale, one more bether place....just like home...

remember.... share dont' keep...

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 96 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.