Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Japanese Album Recommendations - Minitokyo

Japanese Album Recommendations

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Well, I created this thread simply because of my sole devotion and love for J-Pop, and J-Pop only. I have been listening from its original roots back in 1998, first featuring with Mai Kuraki, then Ayumi Hamasaki, and forwards.

After much collecting over the years, I just was dubbed J-Pop Master over many Japanese forums nowadays, and who could blame someone with that title when she has a collection of over 7, 000+ albums and singles, spanning 230+ Japanese Idol Icons in her own home, yes? **Giggles**

Well, this is for all those underlings who don't have a clue what album to buy. If you wish to pitch in and help, this is your chance.

===========================

How many albums do you originally own in your own household?
If you have any, do you recommend people buying any of them at all?
What is your favorite track, and better yet, what's your favorite album of all time?
Last, but not least, what attracts you to J-Pop? The lyrics? The style? The voice?

===========================

A classic tribute to Momusu!

http://img268.echo.cx/img268/5052/momusu5ke.jpg

**Pulls out her pocky stick**

Ahh! Well then, it's time we get down to business.

Everyone, show your albums!

For me, I recommend people buying Watashi, by good honorable Miss Jun Shibata!

Watashi means "I, Myself" in Japanese, and what more can you say to an appropriately fitted title? Clearly representing herself in a distant voyage, her songs are packed with sorrowful intake that represent herself, truly as a whole. It's beautifully crafted, one of the finest Japanese albums I ever purchased in my entire life!

http://img275.echo.cx/img275/8658/watashi8ee.jpg

I mean, when I first listened to it, my heart just melted. It was so heart-warming. The lyrics were beautifully crafted, and the mood - utterly sensational. Everything definitely blended in harmony and I urge those who really have a soft ear to listen to her entire track.

The best? That would be her introduction, as fitted appropriately in this title.

Okaerinasai! - Welcome Home.

Her long awaited album truly deserves a piece of history. It definitely is a miracle, and a masterpiece at its finest.

Let the J-Pop world soar!

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

It's an amazing album. . . I listened to it at Celessa's suggestion, and it was the only thing keeping me sane during the first week of my exams when I was scrambling to finish my three final papers.

*stamps the shinsengumi seal of approval*

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

25chai

25chai

Remorseful One

I've like to recommend the M-flo 2nd album Expo Expo, is a very nice album. I've bought it last year. Is pretty worth for the price. ^^

Priscilla, I Love You.
Signature
Temari's Sig credited to Rebel Soul Kaze Sama.

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

Well these aren't albums, but singles instead. I would like to reccomend High and Mighty Color's "Pride" single. I thought this song was pretty good. I would also reccomend Rie Fu's "Life is Like a Boat." This song is just amazing. They're really good. Try them.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

ArucardsMaster

Captin obvious

Well I don't know much about J-pop but I really likr Tsunami Bomb. That counts?

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
~Hellsing~

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I recently listened to Watashi over at a friend's. I must say, that was something. Been meaning to get my own copy. ^_^

And if it could keep shinsengumi sane during exams, then it must be good right? right?? lol

I also have some l'arc albums which I liked, but they're more jrock than jpop. lol

let's see, what else. I guess all my jpop cds are in my residence back in Japan. I wish I could carry them all over to the US where i'm staying right now. but noooooo, they just had to have a weight limit for you luggage. -_- *waaaaaaahhhhhh* *stumps feet*

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

I am a huge Yuki Kajiura junkie, having bought most of her CDs, and on the soundtrack realm I love Yoko Kanno as well.

From the pop perspective, I've listened to Hitomi, DAI, and DirEn Grey.

For some reason I still get hung up on the soundtracks, A LOT.

Ayumi Hamasaki - My Story

I could listen to that album like 24/7. but that goes for all her albums!! hehe :pacman:

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by EternalParadoxI recently listened to Watashi over at a friend's. I must say, that was
something. Been meaning to get my own copy. ^_^
And if it could keep shinsengumi sane during exams, then it must be
good right? right?? lol

lol - Actually I never realized how much it meant to Shinsengumi, as he had listened to that YUI single all day, I suppose. **Snickers**

But think about an entire album full of these songs. This took her nearly 14 months to complete, and it is way worth it. If it definitely kept Shinsengumi sane, it must be a miracle.

I'm pretty much thinking he'll like to hear it one more time as he goes on his way to work. This album is a treasure, believe me.

The music is fantastic! I love it to like - death, period. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

I reccomend Greeting from Nami Tamaki. The songs are great! I love this album! For those of you who don't know her, she sings some songs from Gundam Seed, one is Reason.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

wow. you seem to be a real fan of jpop. :) good for you! :nya:

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

randomspace

randomspace

Why are you here anyway?

Holy....well, it was to be expected.

I'm still saying Arai Akino has the best voice.
Thats why i like her, wonderful voice.

Anyway, i acknowledge your great collection.

Signature
"life is like an analogy"

Unoffically, but nearly verified, tallest person you'll ever meet. (on MT)

If you stare long enough, it will wink at you. (especially if you go crazy because your staring so long)

Ying

Ying

I'll Be Back!

Guh! I got nothing compared to your collection! O_O
But i blame it on the "hard to get facor"!
Maaya Sakamoto always been one of my favorite singers and Yoko Kanno!
I'll try to find the album you recommended it sure sounds great! ^_^

Signature Image

Where there's Yin there's always Yang

Drak

Drak

Dragon Child

Can't remember any ^_^'
I'm soo useless -_-

'This is the story about dragons, magic and people dreams' - Dragonblood.
Current chapter: 12

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I 'own' none but listen to a few albums. To be honest, J-Pop albums are the same as any other album really. A few good songs and some that are just fillers.

At present, I am listening to Masami Okui and the album 'ReBirth'.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

I would like to reccomend tackey & tsubsa, which is currently playing on my userpage ;)

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

I only own a few albums :( ...Japanese CD's are so hard to get. My favourite one would be See-Saw's Dream Fields...If you've liked anything from Yuki Kaijura you'd love this one, she works pretty well with vocalist Chiaki Ishikawa. I'd like to recommend Utada Hikaru's Single Collection too...I think it's a pretty good album to get if you're just starting to get into J-pop. Utada Hikaru's practically legendary and this album showcases her bests songs...My, that was lenghty. Excuse me :)

My two cents:
Pizzicato Five-Bossa Nova 2001
Shonen Knife-Pretty Little Baka Guy

I recommend ZONE - E~ Complete A-side singles

Be Free and Masturbate

miyano

watashi no uta

oO? man i really wanted to try celessa's recommendation..jun shibata-watashi. but i can't find the song >_<.. too bad :( can anyone send it to me? XP ^_^'
anyway my recommendations...(am i supposed to recommend anyway ^_^')are tanaka rie-fields of hope,younha-houki boshi,sowelu-last forever..ayumi hamasaki,boa,mikuni shimokawa,and maaya sakamoto :D

mdntdragon

mdntdragon

Dark Dragon---Ruler of the night

personally I don't own any j-pop albums ,but I've listened to Ayumi and Boa and if I had the opportunity I would buy every album they put out . For me ,I was drawn to the voice. I am american and cant understand much of the lyrics,but the melodious flow and emotion that is put into each song is breathtaking. I would sure love to hear more of such talent. It beats the hell out of the modern "alternative " rock music we're subjected to here.

On leathern wings and with fiery breath, I descend upon you!

I would recommend:
"Deep River" by Utada Hikaru (I think this is her best album)
Hajime Chitose
Do As Infinity
Hitomi
B'z (If you like J-ROCK)
Hitomi Yaida
Ayumi Hamasaki (She's such a great singer!)

Lakail

Jedi Master

I'd easily recommend The Pillows. After hearing the FLCL OST, I was enthralled by their music.

my friend just introduced me to Deen, Mr. Children, and Spitz. I'm in love with them, but i think they're kind of old... hehe, that's ok. they still have great songs.

"SING like no one's listening, DANCE like no one's watching, LOVE like you've never been hurt."

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.