Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 hey look! another hate/love thread! - Minitokyo

hey look! another hate/love thread!

page 1 of 1 19 total items

VagrantDreamer

VagrantDreamer

Daydreaming ...

Alright i just wanted your opinions here ...
whats the opposite of love?
hate?
or indifference?

personally, i believe its indifference. reason why? well with love, one has immence emotion in play, with the mind and soul active and responsive. with love, one can not only feel alive but rejuvenated. yet, with hate, it also has the same qualities as love, hate also requires great emotion and makes you feel alive ....

however, with indifference, no emotion is felt, life is hollow and meaningless, it is bleak, colorless, and worst of all ... no emotion.

emotion and feeling 2 great differences between love/hate and indifference ... with love and hate there is emotion in play, with indifference ... well lets just say your better off dead ...

so what are your opinions? do tell, i'd like to hear your side ...

evol. love spelled backwards.

j/k

i think it's hate because i use it so much.

I also think it is indifference.
This is a nice topic for a thread^.^

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

I'd say it is indifference, cause love and hate are actually similar feelings (I think this was also mentioned in Kare Kano).

Quote by VagrantDreamer
(...) indifference ... well lets just say your better off dead ...

So I'm better off dead? o.O
I totally disagree...

I second the "indifference" opinion. Hate itself may have sprung from love itself (a reaction to it) and could be considered a part of the chain of love. Indifference is truly not loving and hence its opposite.

Regards.

I personally think that hate is the opposite of love. As an example lets say you love someone, you would obviously want them to feel love for you, but if they did not would you rather them hate you or feel indifferent? I personally would rather them be indiferrent than hate me and in my oppinion that puts hate farther away from love than indeferrence is.

WWLAOS

DOMiT

Puppies. Puppies are the opposite of love. Because kitties are love, and puppies are the opposite of kitties. It's quite simple, really. (to all you dog people out there...it really was just a joke, don't get your knickers in a twist.)

Well, I hate commenting since you already stated that indifference is the opposite of love, and I suppose I'd have to agree with you. So, would that make nihilism the ultimate expression of the "opposite of love?" Next time I see a nihilist, I'm going to point and shout, "It's the anti-love! Run for your lives!"

Either that, or Darth Vader is the opposite of love. Seriously, did you see that acting? That boy can't act "romance" (or much else) to save his life. Not that Portman was any better.

I really have nothing else to add.

You see this kind of thing all the time...it invariably ends with eating people. - Dr. Dale L. Reuss

YoKoBaNdiT

YoKoBaNdiT

waurenai yo

LOL!!!!

Quote by WWLAOSPuppies. Puppies are the opposite of love. Because kitties are love, and puppies are the opposite of kitties. It's quite simple, really. (to all you dog people out there...it really was just a joke, don't get your knickers in a twist.)

Well, I hate commenting since you already stated that indifference is the opposite of love, and I suppose I'd have to agree with you. So, would that make nihilism the ultimate expression of the "opposite of love?" Next time I see a nihilist, I'm going to point and shout, "It's the anti-love! Run for your lives!"

Either that, or Darth Vader is the opposite of love. Seriously, did you see that acting? That boy can't act "romance" (or much else) to save his life. Not that Portman was any better.

I really have nothing else to add.

ummm XD hahaha very nice and i agree to some degree @_@ heh, i would also say indifference because i lose interest in someone fast.....my curse >_<

'Signature Image'

Samika

Samika

Homonculous

The opposite of love is indifference, as is the opposite of hate. Hate/love are intense emotions, and thus the opposite would be the absence of emtion. :D I love logic.

"If I'm as pure and straight as you say... It's because you're at the end of my path." ~ Parfait Tic
"The hardest thing to endure, is to live in a world without out you in it." ~ Autumn in My Heart
"In my heart, there is an equation... 'Someone my friend likes=Some one that has nothing to do with me.' Thats why."- By the Lotus Leaves

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

*nodnod* Very interesting idea. I've never thought about it like that before. I agree with you that the opposite is indifference. It's worse to feel nothing at all than to hate someone, because like you said, with hate, at least you are still feeling.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

inuyasha-hanyou7

inuyasha-hanyou7

~Dark Demon~

Love and hate are very similar, so I would have to say indifference. :nerd:

Quote by SamikaThe opposite of love is indifference, as is the opposite of hate.
Hate/love are intense emotions, and thus the opposite would be the
absence of emtion. :D I love logic.

*nods head* i agree the opposit of luv is indiffernce

yes,i agree too..it's indifference!
i think that in love there isn't most bad things as indifference..

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

Quote by lilm

Quote by SamikaThe opposite of love is indifference, as is the opposite of hate.
Hate/love are intense emotions, and thus the opposite would be the
absence of emtion. :D I love logic.

*nods head* i agree the opposit of luv is indiffernce

I agree also with them. I think the opposite of love/hate is indifference.

artriki

artriki

gif dbz

love is love love love is love. love is tricky like chess you want to be nice but not the good guy that finishes last. You want to be mean but not the guy that beats on his girl. The last one is bla to me. So it is all about Taoism or ballance the ying and the yang one is man one is woman. So you should have a healthy ballance of love and hate. Not really hate but dislike hate is so strong it sounds like death. You don't wanna be a punk so you gotta have some fight in you and in turn the ladies will love you for it. Why do good girls like bad guys hmmm sounds like a topic!

time can't be saved...only spent message from the TAO

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

hmm...i've never thought of it that way before...indifference...i guess that's true, because you usually hate someone you once loved.

i think hate is the opisite because they r both emotions if u r inderent there is no emotion involved so how can it be the opsite of an emotion maybe it is simply the opisite to emotion itself

Signature Image

Well first i thought that it was hate, but after looking at the opinions got me to think that maybe it was indeference.
But im pretty sure that is hate, there is a thin line between hate and love, a person can easily go from love to hate and viceversa, thats why it cannot be indiference.
One can change and so can the others, but if you're indiferent with someone that means that it cannot (maybe) be loved by you.
Maybe some people don't understand me and say that it doesn't make any sense, but i am pretty sure that this is how it works.

mmm..i think the opposite of love is indifference cos ummm...yeah. well love is ometimes mistaken as hate as well. love and hate is both an obsession about some1 so they are very similar. yeah..definately indiference. i think that is the feeling i have towards every1..

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.