Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The End of X - Minitokyo

Tagged under X

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

X has been on hold this long because Kadokawa refuses to publish it.
*shock*
An article a friend sent me says it all on a livejournal.com discussion:
At http://www.livejournal.com/users/chibiyuuto/28266.html#cutid1
"The awful Truth behind X's pause

I officially hate kadokawa... No, it's not Mokona's disease (gosh, there are people who believed that? Yeah), it's not Ohkawa's lack of imagination (who came up with this should be burned in hell), no it's not Tsubasa and XXXHOLiC (poor kiddos *hugs Tsubasa/holic charas*)... it really is what we feared the most: Problems with Kadokawa

It's official. I was surfing on the internet and I found this blessed page, which is totally dedicated to X's pause.
With the gently help of Sakura-chan and babelfish XD we managed to translate the most important parts and we can say for sure that.

CLAMP gave a long interview on Puff Magazine later on July 2004 (about a year we could have the truth! ;_;) where they were asked about the pause on the serialization.

Ohkawa answered that the magazine is not accepting the end because of it's content. Apparently, is a bad end, aka, sad, bloody, with gruesome (or is it too happy/sweety? I really doubt).

And this is not the first time they "fight" with kadokawa, according to the interview, they also were asked to change Wish's ending. And CLAMP changed it (;_;), and in a hurry to follow the deadline.

Even though the war is set, Ohkawa made clear that they DO plan to publish the end, that even though the serialization stopped, it doesn't mean they'll never do it again."

I give full credit to Yuuto here on Minitokyo for this find. What do you think will happen?
Please post!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

RabienRose

RabienRose

Love ya!

Omg i never thought someone would bring this up! I was so mad because i thought that X was dicountinued! But i guess itll really never finish now that all that stuff happened! So i guess its really true that they wouldnt let them publish it because of the content? Thats so stupid! What about all the fans that love X? Theyll never get to see then end? And about Wish too i cant believe they made them change the ending! I guess itll never finish.

lacusklein83

lacusklein83

Songstress of Peace

You know, that really isn't fair! I mean, come on. Look at how the movie and TV series ended! The movie especially. Good God, everyone died in that! It's not fair. I really wanted to know what happens to everybody...

Signature Image
Banner courtsy of Duklyon Cafe

Lana3007

Lana3007

strange little girl

Oh my god! So that's why they stopped it! That is so unfair! How dare publishers argue with authors over the content of their work! That's so ridiculous! I do hope they resolve this somehow! X is really popular, they can't just not release the end at all!

who knows...as long as it gets fixed fast...

queenakasha

queenakasha

Distraught Fledgling

*fumes* DIE, Kadokawa, die~~~!!!! *stabs relentlessly*

How dare they do that to clamp? *huggles apapa-tachi*

I'm behind clamp all the way. They should end X the way they want it to end. It's a shame what happened with Wish... but they should not stand for that kind of crap treatment again. Darn them... T-T *sobs*

Signature

Cover her eyes; mine eyes dazzle; she died young.

Shrine Of Those Who Must Be Kept

Oriya

Oriya

example@www.com

I got another question, can CLAMP publish end of X in some other magazin? X is so popular that if CLAMP publish X in, I don't now' so crap magazin, with good marketing job before that, it would be bought in one day! everyone crave for X end. the real one (but series end was qouit good, I do not mean it's 'bad end' but you know what [I hope so])

Signature

i first thought that they will published the ending of X later! it's just not fair! i just cant stand kadokawa! they'll just stupid to refuse publishing X...

T i m e F L Y S ~ b y

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

They refused to publish because of societal problems: a serial killer, earthquakes... it was too painful for people to read about it too. But Clamp could indeed publish it elsewhere, or release direct to tankoubon form. I have no clue why they're not.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!

Oriya

Oriya

example@www.com

I know this is out of theme, but what do You tobiast mean by CLAMP CHANGED WISH'S END?!

Signature

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Eeep, I don't invent the info! Don't shoot the messenger! But in many articles, Clamp says that Wish is their least well done series and if they could redo it, they would do so. I don't know much about the changing of the end of Wish, but I know Clamp aren't particularly happy with that series.

Join the groups!

Oriya

Oriya

example@www.com

i'm not going to kill You, don't warry. it was just O.O for me. well it was quite surprising that Wish has a Happy Ending since it's CLAM's work.

merged: 11-08-2006 ~ 06:37pm
but Kohaku has screwed up, couse new born Kudou is going to die young just like his previous reinkarnation

Signature

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

I have to admit, I have a very hard time believing any such info regarding the matter, even what's stated here. When the manga was already so bloody and gory (especially at the BEGINNING), why would it suddenly become an issue right at the end of the series? I have to admit, I'm more suspicious that this is probably a bunch of BS covering something more likely in the world of business like, say perhaps money. Why would Kadowaka continue to hold the series in this state over the content when so many people are screaming "we don't care, give it to us anyways" and have a lot of their readers hate them for it? It seems more likely someone wasn't paying up what they should and Kadowaka got ticked off.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

gosh, make me mad read all that you wrote ;_;

Quote by ArtificialRaindropI have to admit, I have a very hard time believing any such info regarding the matter, even what's stated here. When the manga was already so bloody and gory (especially at the BEGINNING), why would it suddenly become an issue right at the end of the series? I have to admit, I'm more suspicious that this is probably a bunch of BS covering something more likely in the world of business like, say perhaps money. Why would Kadowaka continue to hold the series in this state over the content when so many people are screaming "we don't care, give it to us anyways" and have a lot of their readers hate them for it? It seems more likely someone wasn't paying up what they should and Kadowaka got ticked off.

Pretty much agreed.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.