Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is there a difference between ethics and morality? - Minitokyo

Is there a difference between ethics and morality?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

ghost945

ghost945

Otaku

i was asked a while back, but not sure how they are different... please enlighten me. thanx

ethics is the study of morals

raging_otter

Not In

Ethics is rules set by society, which according to them you cannot do certain things
Morals is set by yourself, whether you feel like killing some1 ... :hmpf:

Quote by b4byfac3ethics is the study of morals

Signature

of course. no 2 words in englsh mean the exact same. Read above

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

Well morals are quite emotionally rooted. While ethics incorporates that, but it's quite scientific and involves analysing a case on all the evidence and viewpoints.
For example imagine a person on life support, they're a vegetable, you can make up the details. It can be 'morally wrong' to pull the plug yet an ethics committee may decide it is 'ethical' to end the patients life.

Signature Image

Yea...Morals are developed on your own, Ethics are pushed upon you by society.

"Insert clever quote here."

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by raging_otterEthics is rules set by society, which according to them you cannot do certain things

What raging_otter said. Ethic is something set by society, while morals are individual. Of course ppl from the same society may very welll have the same morals :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

morals is something you come to set and realize as you grow...ethics is an ideal that multiple people have come to agree...to me, they're the same thing :b

ghost945

ghost945

Otaku

thank you all for contributing. really appreciated your thoughts. thanx

Quote by raging_otterEthics is rules set by society, which according to them you cannot do certain things

Actually, it's the other way around. Ethics are individually-set coda governing actions in relation to personal views irrelevant of where those personal views stem from. Morals are usually shared ethics in the public sense and governing how they effect others, as opposed to how ethics govern oneself.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.