Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should I? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 19 total items

lacusklein83

lacusklein83

Songstress of Peace

Okay, I made the subject like that because that's the basic question here. You see, I've met someone that I'm reluctantly becoming very close to. Recently, I met a guy who shares a lot of my same interests and apparently wants to be good friends with me. The reason I'm not so sure about this is because I've been burned so many times before by people I trusted. I really don't keep any close friends now. So should I open up and try to trust him?

I'm asking here because I can get an unbiased opinion. It's just easier when people who aren't right there answer.

Signature Image
Banner courtsy of Duklyon Cafe

SpaceKitten

SpaceKitten

Falling brightly...

Your fear is understandable, but if you never open up again, you'll always be alone. :( Trust me, I know. I've been there before.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

RabienRose

RabienRose

Love ya!

Hmm well i know how you feel. But maybe you should try to open up to him a little at first and then as you become better friends you can open up more and more. Belive me you need to trust people or your gonna be alone and thats not fun! :(

I think U should give it a try.
I've been burned before too... but how can U any relationship work, if U let nobody in?...
I know it is a risk, and U gotta know, U may get burned again, but may also gain a beautiful friend.
remember, love itself, is a risk
goof luck ^_^
un abrazo

lana

lana

Yume

Same here. Most especially when I was in grade school, there were many of them who ruined my life. Something like they befriend you but actually they'll do evil things to you.

I can always be a little naive, and I do trust people often. But what do I get in return? Betrayal... they left me alone, took things for granted and they judged me. I also had a screwed past and I ended up being a cold person. I always feared interactions and I became anti-social.

However, I realized that the world isn't that too cruel and there's still good flock left. Recently, I had new friends and I'm happy now that I met them because they're unlike those screwed minds before. Because of them, I am no longer afraid and alone and now I'm able to put up a smile on my face always and fortunately, build up trust once more.

But you have to be careful. It's your decision if you want to open up and trust him. Time is the right thing for this. You don't have to rush if you don't want to be burned again.

Anyways, I hope that that guy is sincere with his intentions. We might have been hurt before but we can learn from it. You migh consider giving him a chance. Good luck! :)

Masaru-San

Masaru-San

Mayor of Hardcoretown.

I agree. Open up. If he told you himself he wants to be good firends with you, it probably means he wants to be more or something.

Take a look toward the sky, Halvdane. We shall fill the air with spears to turn black this christian sun.

butterflikysses

butterflikysses

~Diamond Dust Drops~

i can relate 2 u in many ways...alls i say is that if it were me i would guard my heart but also become good friends with him but be careful on what u say n do

Signature Image

Tirdaelyn

Tirdaelyn

What Becomes of Snow?

I can understand, in opening up you do make yourself vulnerable. But the fact is that if you don't open yourself, you will spend a long time quite alone. Being open with another person does indeed mean you might get burned, but it is a chance that has to be taken. Not everyone will burn you.
And what happens if you keep yourself closed off, and the right one slips away... you should not rush things, take your time, but at the same time, don't take too much time. Don't let an opportunity slip by...

Signature
Ava/sig both made by Kuai.

animehouse

I MISS YOU CUPCAKE...

if you never try youll never know

That's a pretty f***ing good milkshake. I don't know if it's worth five dollars but it's pretty f***ing good.
-pulp fiction

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

Believe me I've been there... I think that you should give it a shot... I've been burned by so many ppl and yet there are a few that stick by me at ll times... You'll never know until give it a try. :D

Why do you kill the joy of death?

Quote by sjolleyBelieve me I've been there... I think that you should give it a shot...
I've been burned by so many ppl and yet there are a few that stick by
me at ll times... You'll never know until give it a try. :D

I agree, you'll regret it every night for a long time if you don't give it a try

Signature Image

masterjesse89

masterjesse89

Master of ALL Things Spiffy

I agree with everybody. If you are scared of being hurt start out slow. But don't shut him out. You do that and you could lose your chance to get a really spiffy freind. got with what your heart is telling you.... *does that sound corny?* OX

Once I desire something... I cannot undesire it.
I cannot even try to resist. I will desire it until I have it.
But there is no end
No matter how much I take. I still want.

cardmage

cardmage

After you

True friends are never easy to come by. Those who come by easily would never be true friends. But if you never gave anyone the chance to get close to you, then you'll be lonely forever. I've had friends with whom I was rather reluctant to start out with but eventually became very very close to me. They know I'm willing to sacrifice a lot for them and vice versa. I'd say give him a try...

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

SakiKotetsu

SakiKotetsu

your humble servant, O.G.

you should definitely give it a try, never give up on people. I'm not saying to go forthward completely optimistic, but at least give him a chance. you always have to try your hardest to find the god qualities in people, no matter how hard they might be to see.

the Love within the Love
the Sin within the Sin

lacusklein83

lacusklein83

Songstress of Peace

Thanks everybody for the replies so far. I think I am giving it a try. After all, like you all said, who knows? Besides, I really don't like being alone all the time. I just got in recently today actually. I had a half day at work and agreed to meet my new friend afterwards just to hang out and work on some artwork. He's an artist too and he's going to help me out in some areas. Wish me luck and thanks again!

Signature Image
Banner courtsy of Duklyon Cafe

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

Please be careful, LK, I do not want to say to you go on and trust him because I cannot assure you of the end of this, but remember that being locekd insiede yourself won't protect you from being hurt, but keeping life away from you... maybe with him you can be happy... who knows? To take a chance may not be too bad...

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

i understand why you are afraid to trust again.. but don't be a hermit, don't seclude yourself from the wonderful things around you.meetng new people is one of the most amazing thing anyone can do.my advice to you is that just don't trust too much that easily. get to know him very well,as in very well, before you can open up to him.

don't hold yourself back because of the traumas of the past.learn then live and let go..

ElectricPhantasm

ElectricPhantasm

Nice to meet you .!.. (>_<) ..!.

Quote by lacusklein83Thanks everybody for the replies so far. I think I am giving it a try.
After all, like you all said, who knows? Besides, I really don't like
being alone all the time. I just got in recently today actually. I had
a half day at work and agreed to meet my new friend afterwards just to
hang out and work on some artwork. He's an artist too and he's going to
help me out in some areas. Wish me luck and thanks again!

Good for you, I think you made the right choice. Remember, take it slow, there's no need to rush things. I wish you luck! >_<

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.