Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I am Pro-LIFE - Minitokyo

I am Pro-LIFE

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 75 total items

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

like EternalParadox said. ^^ there's a thread on abortion already..

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/20573/

search search search ^^

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by unicorn2006like EternalParadox said. ^^ there's a thread on abortion already..

search search search ^^

lol. but this ain't about abortion. XD More of being Pro-Life.
Besides, the thread is a gift to the Christian Fellowship groupie. :)

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote by crewcifix

Quote by unicorn2006like EternalParadox said. ^^ there's a thread on abortion already..

search search search ^^

lol. but this ain't about abortion. XD More of being Pro-Life.
Besides, the thread is a gift to the Christian Fellowship groupie. :)

But all discussion in here is on abortion. :( Please don't make duplicate threads to clutter up the forum. There is a perfectly good thread on abortion in which members discuss all the exact same arguments as in this thread. :) And half of the people in the Abortion thread is Pro-Life. :)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by EternalParadox

Quote by crewcifix

Quote by unicorn2006like EternalParadox said. ^^
there's a thread on abortion already..
search search search ^^

lol. but this ain't about abortion. XD More of being Pro-Life. Besides,
the thread is a gift to the Christian Fellowship groupie. :)

But all discussion in here is on abortion. :( Please don't make
duplicate threads to clutter up the forum. There is a perfectly good
thread on abortion in which members discuss all the exact same
arguments as in this thread. :) And half of the people in the Abortion
thread is Pro-Life. :)

okies. :)
i tried searching using the keywords "prolife" though. :) so i didn't get a result. XD
Maybe i should have used abortion too.. but it sounds so cruel ><

anyway, glad to hear more Pro-Life ppl! XD

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

I am for abortion definitely. I live in a 3rd world country and i've lost count of the girls that get knocked up by their boyfriends and then dumped. We also have a very high occurence of rape. And rapists don't use condoms- duh. I feel i am going to scream if I hear another baby-child rape story.

i hate the idea of abortion. I hate it. But every womanhas a right to safe abortion on demand for whatever the reason. A lot of the black comunities here still believes that children = wealth and the husbands refuses to use condoms, feeling it would lessen their manhood, so if you have child number 8 after having 7 already and both you and your husband is unemployed, living in a shack in someone's backyard, your only income being your gran's pension grant what choices do you have. There are more babies waiting for adoptions than there are homes for.

My MAIN point is: no-one likes abortion. It's a neccessary evil.

It's cool and great being pro-life, but my main beef with the idea/movement is after you have covinced the mother to bring a child into the world that she didn't want, you must be willing to accept the responsiblity of caring or finding care for that child. Don't force children into the world and then abandon them to a miserable life.

Crap I must stop now I am getting red in the face.....

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

pro-life all the wayyy -- i think even if a woman gets raped -- she can use it as a testimony of her faith and strength and trust in the Lord. I think that it can also be a testimony to encourage other women to overcome that experience in their lives [if it happened to them]. it is sad -- but i think it can be used in a positive way! ^_^
and for those who don't get raped but chose to have intercourse and conceive -- i believe in take responsibility for ur actions --that's just the way it is -- and if you're not ready to have a child -- use protection -- tie your tubes -- but don't be stupid and not think about wat can happen -- i think abortion is a selfish act -- but that's just my thoughts ^_^
I've had 3 women i know of that have had miscarriages -- they've become devistated and you know
okay enough blah blah blah blah from me lol ^_^ [me and my unfinished thoughts]

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I don't want to play god... I always believe in a way that everyone has a right to live. But depending on the case it self... I don't blame people for taking the other path. I am torn not to know what I would do because having a son of my own made me think differently if he never existed.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

okay i'm pro life, but not in the way you guys take it.... giles said that bacterias are form of life that need to be eradicated, just because they cause harm to us humans. i agree that vaccination is a great thing, and it has helped mankind get out of the infectious diseases for while. but well seems like life didn't give up ne? hail to the multi-resistant bacterias !! ^_^
so the point is, you can kill something if you deem it might cause damage to humans.... okay then i'll follow you on that. kill all murderers. taking one life is bad, i agree. taking the murderer's life is worse to me, revenge shouldn't be a motive. and btw why not eradicate all the ppl who have aids, since they're potential "mass killing weapons" uh?
i hope this has made your point clear. we cannot stand in-between.
problem is that bacterias are helpfull, they are part of the ecosystem, and killing them or the viruses or the mosquitos that caries them will somehow have repercussion on mankind...

okay as i said before, the human embryon is only a bunch of cells up to 2 weeks. think of it as extracting brain tumoral cells. :) anyway abortion limit is what? 3 months (in france). that's a bit too much i guess, but that's only in rare cases.
that ain't a good image, but the act of raising a child ain't easy task neither. so i guess that ppl who feel they ain't prepared should go for abortion. let god decide at the end, if he's there, and not playing somewhere else ^_^ (sorry no harm meant, but i think this discussion goes down to the point of "god gave us life, let it be sanctified* against "can't the parents decide on their own?").
the thing to do to prevent abortion is wear a freaking condom, but then there's still ppl who'd go "die, die all of ya, don't wear condoms". and get aids, syphillis etc.... and then abort ne?

you know what? the body sometimes decide on its own to abort, in case there are problems with the future baby, making him/her unadapted to life. hey it's still a baby, let it live you shamefull body !!.
sorry i got hot headed on this one, but with the current situation of the world, i don't think that we can afford too much pro-life nonsense. take into account that we'll have to feed them, and bread isn't gonna fall from the sky, and pure clean water from the oil pits of irak.

gomen if i offended ppl, life is indeed sacred, but those living are more important than those "who could live"...... i'm more concerned about meself and the children starving in africa, the prostitution of young ones everywhere. :sweat:

tenchigirl15

tenchigirl15

Life, Live Love.

Im pro life ;) I think every one inclouding unborn children should live their lives ahead instead of murdering them that they did nothing wrong. >.<

Signature Image

if it rains.... it pours :( -Dan Skelden

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

someone said on this thread that we don't have the right to choose who is to live or not. then if that applies in negative (abortion is suppressing one's life..... but i think it's still okay, since the free will exists), then it should also exist in positive in those ppl's mind.
by that i mean that the ppl who get their child via science, because of infertility, aren't right are they, since they make the choice that "this one spermatozoid and this one ovocyte" are to become one and live. that is deciding and not letting hazard (or god if you want) do as he please.

on the other end of the rope, i'm totally against what we call in france "acharnement therapeutique", which is the docs trying by all means to keep someone alive, even if it's a comatose state, and saying that with the help of science or with luck that person can still regain consciousness. or denying someone will to die if he can't enjoy life (like we had a case in france, a guy around 29 or smthing, who could only express himself by moving his thumb. the only thing he could do, otherwise he was totally dependant of the needles that brought nutritive elements to him..... the doc and his mother decide for euthanasia. and they're sued !! wtf, he did express his will to die)

zaira

zaira

call me tuna!

um...... dunno hehe just want to write something here hehe! ^_^'

Signature
soul-eater-shibusen sword-shana-lily tsubasa clampfans

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

i am pro-choice because i believe in the womens' right to choose and have control over her own body. i support abortion but just less of it through education and other options like adoption if the woman does not want to keep her baby. i just don't think it's right to force a woman against her will to keep her baby after weighing all of her options. although i do agree that many in society have taken abortion too frivolously and an easy alternative for their mistakes or accidents...the school curriculum should advocate abstinence more than having protected sex as it is not 100% safe and the emotional effects of sex is tremendous and not to be taken lightly. i understand and respect those who are pro-life, but i still prefer that the woman should have the right to control her own body.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

gilesaquil

gilesaquil

honora medicum

Hm...there really isn't any single simple way of looking at these things... ^^

About what Anj said, the "acharnement therapeutique", I guess it would depend on the situation...I agree that if the person wouldn't be able to live (like if all that were supporting him were purely artificial means, like in the example given), then to let that person die wouldn't be a sin...not even for the Church. If, however, there was a chance (and not simply false hope or a 'someday' thing...I mean a true chance in the present), then the person shouldn't just be let to die.

Y'see? Being "pro-life" isn't always siding with the "let them live" side...it depends on the situation, and this is one of those situations. Remember knowledge and free will, but also remember conscience, divine and natural laws...also human laws, for that matter.

But still, I'm definitely against death penalty. Murderers shouldn't be murdered. We'd be bringing ourselves down to their level...then somebody'd have to kill us...then them...then on and on...a spiral of death. Nasty. It also isn't logical...

Anyways, like mentioned, there isn't any single, simple way of looking at these things. ^^ Just do what you think is the right thing...that your conscience would be clear and you can live without any guilt...that you won't look back on what happened and be full of regret. ^^

Good day again to you all. Sorry if I sound too...catechetic...it's just the way I am. ^^

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

I'm pro-life, personally. I must agree with crewcifix on this one; I don't like abortion, and I think it's wrong.

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

I'm against abortions, but if you would have been raped, then I think it's ok to do abortions.
But that is only what I think...

Signature
Member of: ~Make a friend~ ~Serenity~ ~Japanese~ ~FinalFantasyFans~
I'll see you all around, people! :D

Salmarnez

Salmarnez

xiao zhang gui

I don't consider myself as one to 'deny' abortion. But I do encourage NOT to take that action. Even if the fetus/child was not 'planned', that doesn't mean it does not have right to live a full, and fruitful life. :hmpf:

But of course. That is also just one's own opinion.

skysong

skysong

~SMS~

Quote by CLAMPchicI'm pro-life, personally. I must agree with crewcifix on this one; I don't like abortion, and I think it's wrong.

yeah, i'm with you there Kel. tho, i admit it is hard to decide what to do in the extreme cases like rape victims or if the mother would die if the baby lived....

Signature

I'm against abortion and then again I'm okay with it. Of course it really depends on the situation. If the girl is just fooling around and screws her life up then it's wrong to get an abortion since the child has the right to a life. And again if the girl was raped then you wouldn't want a baby that would be hated by the mother like whatthebleh said. Really depends on the situation.

Signature Image

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

me as a christian, sorting to abortion is really bad. even if its a product of rape and harrassment. its part of life and i guess its your destiny to bear that child. its not the baby's fault and every living creature must have the equal chance to live and mingle with other living creatures. so no to abortion.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

lana

lana

Yume

Quote by Anjhurinsomeone said on this thread that we don't have the right to choose who is to live or not. then if that applies in negative (abortion is suppressing one's life..... but i think it's still okay, since the free will exists), then it should also exist in positive in those ppl's mind.
by that i mean that the ppl who get their child via science, because of infertility, aren't right are they, since they make the choice that "this one spermatozoid and this one ovocyte" are to become one and live. that is deciding and not letting hazard (or god if you want) do as he please.
on the other end of the rope, i'm totally against what we call in france "acharnement therapeutique", which is the docs trying by all means to keep someone alive, even if it's a comatose state, and saying that with the help of science or with luck that person can still regain consciousness. or denying someone will to die if he can't enjoy life (like we had a case in france, a guy around 29 or smthing, who could only express himself by moving his thumb. the only thing he could do, otherwise he was totally dependant of the needles that brought nutritive elements to him..... the doc and his mother decide for euthanasia. and they're sued !! wtf, he did express his will to die)

???

Truly, those people who sued the doctor and the mother were so unreasonable because they just don't know what it feels like to be in the shoes of the patient's relatives. They even weren't there when it happened... o_0

i don't know why there are some people who are against euthanasia although it's pretty obvious there won't be any chance for the dying patient. Yeah, my religion teacher says that this is totally wrong but for me, I think it's not. This is only option left if it's the patient's last request. We sure don't want our beloved to suffer for all his/her life, right?

Quote by gilesaquil
Murderers shouldn't be murdered. We'd be bringing ourselves down to their level...then somebody'd have to kill us...then them...then on and on...a spiral of death. Nasty. It also isn't logical...

I wasn't planning on posting in this thread, because I would probably piss everyone off with my radically different viewpoint. However, you mentioned the death penalty, probably in response to a post I didn't see, but that is irrevelent.

The phrase "Murderers shouldn't be Murdered" is flawed when used against the death penalty. Murder is the unlawful killing of someone. As in, taking away a person's right to life (and in doing so infringing on their right to property - thats theft as well!). A murderer forfeits an indefinite amount of rights, to be determined by the judge/jurers/etc.
Because their right to life may be taken away, causing them to not own a right to life, they cannot be murdered, but only killed.

Also, this vicious cycle of killing the people who kill murderers using the death penalty falls apart because of the above explanation. They did not murder - they killed. A murderer can be thought of as less than human. Cool, huh?

I seriously doubt that means anything to you. And I might have explained it a bit awkwardly, but I hope you at least understand the logic behind it.

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Quote by Mystfyre
Also, this vicious cycle of killing the people who kill murderers using
the death penalty falls apart because of the above explanation. They
did not murder - they killed. A murderer can be thought of as less than
human. Cool, huh?

definitely not cool..... ahah proud french guy against death penalty. if you think that death is the worst punition in the world, i'd say definitely no. a human right is to live, but if you bind a human to a place where there's no social contacts or interaction, he'll go crazy after a few months / years. so jail is really worst than death i'd say. well maybe not anymore, since now you have to respect the murderer right to have social interactions etc... which is kinda contradictory to a punishment ^_^
i get your point of view, but i don't think it's the thing to do.

Jail may be worse (if it jail was jail anymore), however that murderer is now living at the taxpayers expense. So, that murderer should then have to work in order to pay for every living expense he creates. That would be just fine to me.

But that leads us to the question: Which of the three basic human rights is the most valuable? Property, Liberty, or Life? Of course, Property would be it, because you own both Liberty and Life (called self-ownership people), so its down to simply Liberty and Life. Of course, if you take away someone's Life, then you take away his/her Liberty as well, so Liberty<Life. Therefore, taking away Life is a greater punishment than taking away Liberty.

Anyway, by your viewpoint, instead of killing someone, we should..drive them insane? Thats more inhumane, I would think. It could even be thought as a form of torture.

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

thank you to everyone so far who had been participating in the thread. =D

Signature Image

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 75 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.