Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I am Pro-LIFE - Minitokyo

I am Pro-LIFE

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 75 total items

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

OK, this is how I'm going to look at this

Pro Choice all the way!!!

Reason behind this:

Simple, rape does happen, it's not fair to force a woman to give birth to a child that's a product of rape. Not to mention there are many forms of rape...it's not always, stranger kidnaps and rapes helpless victim. It's also, b/f pressures g/f into having sex even though she doesn't fully want to. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is rape as well. If you don't think rape is a good reason for abortion, put yourself in that position!!! I had a friend who was almost raped come running to me at a party in tears, her cloths half ripped off...she was a wreck and refused to go out for several months afterwards and thats ALMOST being raped!!! Now imagine if she had been raped and had a child...think of the torment she'd be in every time she looked at her own child! You honestly believe she could have looked it straight in the face without those memories coming back to haunt her?!?!?!

Yes rape doesn't always happen, and there are many instances where the act was willing but there is another side to this. If many of you haven't noticed, children today are acting a lot older than they are at a much younger age. 14yr olds are having sex, now can a 14yr old provide for a child? No! They can't provide anything, financially, emotionally...nothing. They are kids themselves for crying out loud! So now it falls to the 14yrs old's parents to raise the child...is it fair to force them to raise a child that they didn't ask for? I think not, they didn't plan for it, they didn't even produce the child.

Population problems...I don't buy into this arguement really. It's lame as far as I'm concerned. The reason I don't buy into this is due to...actually not going to open up that can of worms for now.

Pure and simple, you can't force things onto people just because of a moral belief. I'm going to hit a rough note with many of you, but religion (Though a good idea at it's base) causes many social problems. Not because that's what they are attempting to do, but because there is so much friction between a religious sect and those outside of it. Many wars in the past can be traced back to the church. Not trying to offend anyone or anything...if you want to discuss in more depth let me know, I'm more than willing to.

And for all you religious people out there, I hold no ill will towards religion. I respect everyone and their beliefs, I just don't follow things blindly. I guess I'm not capable of blind faith...

Something else I noticed...a lot of the pro life people out there are just stating that...want to back that up a bit with some infor? I just want to understand your side better...

Signature

Hmm, for some reason I can't view all of Page 3. That sucks.

Although I agree with your ideal, I don't think you would be correct in saying that all 14 yr olds are emotionally ready for a child. I know many very mature 14 yr olds...

You can blame abortion on the decrease in crime that was predicted for the 1990s in the US though. :D

Finally, yes you can force moral beliefs. Even believing in things like right to life is a moral belief - the very things laws are made of. What of those people who have no problem with murder? We are forcing that on them.

I guess I'm sort of playing Devil's Advocate now. Hehehe...

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

There is no 14yr old that emotionally ready sorry....they don't know anything about the real world and what it will do to you. If you believe otherwise...then I don't know what to say to you. I honestly can't believe that someone would suggest a 14yr old is emotionally stable enough to raise a child. It would just be "the blind leading the blind" as the old saying goes

Signature

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I am pro-death. I am for the death penalty, the military, guns, self defense up to and including lethal force when need be, pro hunting, and pro meat. However, I am anti-babykilling. I object to being pidgeonholed as "pro-life" just for opposing the murder of innocent unborn children.

I am invincible!

Tengu

Tengu

Fine... I'll do it...

Few weeks ago there was this woman in the news. She was pregnant but she hide the fact by pretending just being fat. So when the time came she gave birth in her bathroom and dumped the baby like a piece of garbage. The baby stayed alive about two hours before dying in a trash can. She got caught when she called help for her own bleeding. Now THAT is sick. So I guess in an extreme situation like this where the woman is going to kill the baby anyway... I guess abortion would be the best option for the baby.

Some see unwanted baby as a propblem and abortion as a solution. I think it is not the baby's fault of having such stupid parents who sleep with everyone who they happen to run into. So if someone should be "aborted" that would be the parents.

In case of rape... Well, rapes are always done by males so the authority to make a decision should be given to the females.

Day by day life goes by and before you know it you have grown old...

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

no, adoption would be the best option for the baby.

And since when is a rape baby any less human than any other baby? the baby didn't choose to be a rape baby.

I am invincible!

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by TenguFew weeks ago there was this woman in the news. She was pregnant but
she hide the fact by pretending just being fat. So when the time came
she gave birth in her bathroom and dumped the baby like a piece of
garbage. She got caught when she called help for her own bleeding. Now
THAT is sick. So I guess in an extreme situation like this where the
woman is going to kill the baby anyway... I guess abortion would be the
best option for the baby.

And on another note: since when is a rape baby any less human than any other baby? the baby didn't choose to be a rape baby.

I am invincible!

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by BorisGrishenkoI am pro-death. I am for the death penalty, the military, guns, self
defense up to and including lethal force when need be, pro hunting, and
pro meat. However, I am anti-babykilling. I object to being
pidgeonholed as "pro-life" just for opposing the murder of innocent
unborn children.

Yes. Kill everyone who opposes... even if it's me.

Si crewcifix = banal.... you're gonna be saint if you keep this up.... j/k

I say no to abortion because I love babies. Abortion is the worst fate a child could have nad should never be even thought of by parents.

Signature

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

You want to end the idea of abortion...then remove the stupid people's ability to procreate. Plain and simple, chop it off, sew it up...just don't let them have the ability to produce children. Since that in and of itself is probably against your morals and nearly impossible to do...leave abortion alone.

As to the idea of adoption...you realize how many children remain in an orphange for the span of their childhood lives? You really think that's fair for them yet again? There is no love in an orphange...there is a place to live. How would you like to know that your parents didn't want you and gave you away? And to know that the people raising you don't love you...they are doing this because it's their job? Yes there are going to be a few who do care, but the majority of people in the work force don't really like their job that much...I think the pain and sufferring that the child endure for survival is much worse than never knowing it even existed. A fetal baby (Within the first trimester) doesn't have any idea of self. Fetal is the key word here people...it's still just a clump of cells.

Now if you want to tell me a clump of cells has a knowledge of self...then does an ameba or a plant? You have no problems killing a full grown plant which has a more complex cell make up than a fetus does...not to mention the plant has actually lived where as the fetus has not.

Signature

Quote by ShagmarThere is no 14yr old that emotionally ready sorry....they don't know anything about the real world and what it will do to you. If you believe otherwise...then I don't know what to say to you. I honestly can't believe that someone would suggest a 14yr old is emotionally stable enough to raise a child. It would just be "the blind leading the blind" as the old saying goes

Long ago (okay maybe not THAT long) women had children when they were as young as 12. What makes them emotionally unstable today? Hah..I can't believe I'm arguing for the impregnation of 14 yr. olds. XD

Anyway, you guys suggest adoption. But I think you miss the point. The woman carries an unwanted parasite in her for about 9 months. Whether or not she was willing to hax sex is irrevelent. That parasite is invading her right to not have a parasite in her body, and she may use whatever force necessary to get rid of that parasite, including fatal force. Its like suggesting that someone must keep a leech on his/her body until the leech can survive without the body (never going to happen but I didn't say this was a perfect analogy ^^v) after swimming in leech-infested waters because he/she knew of the risks. If you treat the parasite as a human, the arguement still holds water because the woman would still be allowed to use fatal force to get rid of the human who was invading her body without her consent.

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by jakulitoYes. Kill everyone who opposes... even if it's me.

Si crewcifix = banal.... you're gonna be saint if you keep this up.... j/k

I say no to abortion because I love babies. Abortion is the worst fate a child could have nad should never be even thought of by parents.

lmao. Being saint? XD I think it would take more than that... XP

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Quote by ShagmarYou want to end the idea of abortion...then remove the stupid people's
ability to procreate. Plain and simple, chop it off, sew it up...just
don't let them have the ability to produce children. Since that in and
of itself is probably against your morals and nearly impossible to
do...leave abortion alone.
As to the idea of adoption...you realize how many children remain in an
orphange for the span of their childhood lives? You really think that's
fair for them yet again? There is no love in an orphange...there is a
place to live. How would you like to know that your parents didn't want
you and gave you away? And to know that the people raising you don't
love you...they are doing this because it's their job? Yes there are
going to be a few who do care, but the majority of people in the work
force don't really like their job that much...I think the pain and
sufferring that the child endure for survival is much worse than never
knowing it even existed. A fetal baby (Within the first trimester)
doesn't have any idea of self. Fetal is the key word here people...it's
still just a clump of cells. Now if you want to tell me a clump of
cells has a knowledge of self...then does an ameba or a plant? You have
no problems killing a full grown plant which has a more complex cell
make up than a fetus does...not to mention the plant has actually lived
where as the fetus has not.

Things are either living, dead, or nonbiological matter. If you properly define life, then the fetus is living. Dead things do not grow, nor get bigger by multiplying the number of cells its made of.
We are all 'clumps of cells'. I dont see how an 9 month old clump of cells and a 3 month old clump of cells have different rights.
Killing plants is something we need to do to 100% of the time to survive. Killing children is 99% of the time, not.
You cannot determine the future for someone else. You dont know how children are going to live once they're born. They might have loving parents, they might have a hard childhood, but most importantly they have the right to live it. You're saying you're sparing someone a hard childhood by killing them before they have to deal with it. Did you consider that you might be 'sparing' a family an adoptive child? Or you might be 'sparing' that child a good life once they grow up? When children are put in orphanages, they are at least given the choice to live. And not all orphanages are loveless cold homes as you describe. Our family runs and orphanage in India where abandoned children are taken care of. They're loved, and they are going to school, and are given the opportunity to make something of themselves. Once out of the orphanage, these people have lives that would have been stolen from them if they had been aborted.

You can see them here: http://sangitacharitabletrust.com/
Those children are what happen when you dont abort. They grow up to be people.

Consider this. How many adoptive children commit suicide? If the numbers were somewhere near 100% then maybe there would be some reason to use 'a bad life' as the reason to abort them before they have a chance to live it, but since the numbers are much closer to around 1 or 2 percent, 98 percent of these non aborted children do have reasons to live, and if asked would give them to you. I dont think anyone has the right to decide whether someone will have a good enough reason to live in the future.

If I am ever considered in the least pro-choice it will be because I support the childs right to live and choose how to live.

Quote by Mystfyre
Long ago (okay maybe not THAT long) women had children when they were
as young as 12. What makes them emotionally unstable today? Hah..I
can't believe I'm arguing for the impregnation of 14 yr. olds. XD
Anyway, you guys suggest adoption. But I think you miss the point. The
woman carries an unwanted parasite in her for about 9 months.
Whether or not she was willing to hax sex is irrevelent. That parasite
is invading her right to not have a parasite in her body, and she may
use whatever force necessary to get rid of that parasite, including
fatal force. Its like suggesting that someone must keep a leech on
his/her body until the leech can survive without the body (never going
to happen but I didn't say this was a perfect analogy ^^v) after
swimming in leech-infested waters because he/she knew of the risks. If
you treat the parasite as a human, the arguement still holds water
because the woman would still be allowed to use fatal force to get rid
of the human who was invading her body without her consent.

A human fetus and a leech are different things. Parasites are detrimental to health. Thats what makes them parasitical. Biologically, there is nothing that a fetus does to harm a mother. The mother's body is in fact made to be able to carry and give birth to babies. We even have a special organ for it. We dont have a special organ that was made solely to devote itself to feed leeches. And leeches are something nobody wants hanging off their body. Someone's opinon of how to describe a certain thing does not change what it is.

You've changed the word to parasite, but the fact that it is still a forming human child has not changed. You were a 'parasite' once but you werent aborted because your mother wanted to give you a chance at life. Because even though you were just forming you had full potential to become who you are today. I dont believe that babies concieved by rape have any less right to life than we did when we were concieved. They dont have any less potential than we did to become good people. We werent any 'better' or 'more deserving' of life than they are at conception.

If we claim the right to live ourselves, and the right to choose to live, then we should have that same compassion for unborn children too. Just because they dont have a voice yet, does not mean we can take it away. There are so many places that will take your baby for free if you cant take care of it., rape or not. I dont see any reason short of medical complications worthy of killing a child. The greatest reasons I see present other than medical complications, is sheer laziness or social convenience.

I most definetly do not want abortion as a means of birth control. If you're not ready to have kids, have your tubes tied. Its cheaper than an abortion, and its reversible. And if you do concieve a child by rape, then bringing it to term and handing it over to an adoption agency, or just your hospital, will leave you a hero, instead of a murderer.

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Quote by SuniraYou cannot determine the future for someone else. You dont know how children are going to live once they're born. They might have loving parents, they might have a hard childhood, but most importantly they have the right to live it.

very true. That's the case with everybody. We can never really determine one's future. Furthermore, in real life people, not because you're in an orphange makes you all broken and etc. It's only the media hype that gets people have such stereotypical views. In my opinion, such views should actually be disensembled and changed.

Quote by SuniraConsider this. How many adoptive children commit suicide? If the numbers were somewhere near 100% then maybe there would be some reason to use 'a bad life' as the reason to abort them before they have a chance to live it, but since the numbers are much closer to around 1 or 2 percent, 98 percent of these non aborted children do have reasons to live, and if asked would give them to you. I dont think anyone has the right to decide whether someone will have a good enough reason to live in the future.

a very good point. It's only *ehem* worthless people who think they have nothing else to do in life have to wallow up to this. I know so because I've seen so. But honestly speaking, once they found out that life was more valueable that what they expected, they became much much more successful today.

Take into consideration the number of people to who had been involved in such inccidents and yet fought the battle of life. Giving into abortion only seems to partake in one's weakness and when you give in to that, there's nothing else to be considered. You're only getting your self-esteem even lower. Regrets always come in the end people. Just remember that.

You might be thinking right now that its the right choice. I thought so too once. But alot of things in life cannot be measured by reason alone. There's more to life out there and that's experience. Be open minded. Try not to enclose one's self and really give it a thought or two.

Of course, everyone's opinions is respected in this thread. So respect mine.

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

hm, abortion, intresting topic, kill one life or risk the life of another, either way its not a good end, plus theres another intresting look for pro-life ppl, more ppl = less food and space which can equal more lives soon to be lost or life quality worsens to where ppl would want death, so to preserve life may mean to take it but thats an intresting viewpoint i heard on the radio recently, our ancestors who created all these guidelines and the bible and such books, probably never imanged a world like this with abortion and stuff, and the limited amount of reasources, thats why for me, its hard to support something thats a bit outdated but oh well, everyone is free to have whatever opinion they like as long as its not harmful or offensive to others

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

helmet02

Helmet Rule

birth control through SELF control abortion should only be offered to rape victimsnot people who just wanna screw everything that moves without protection and then kill the baby if they get pregnant. jeez people, is it so hard to keep your pants on?

Whatever helmet says is true so believe it or else... nothing happens. so obey foolish mortals!!

Quote by Sunira

Quote by ShagmarYou want to end the idea of abortion...then remove the stupid people's
ability to procreate. Plain and simple, chop it off, sew it up...just
don't let them have the ability to produce children. Since that in and
of itself is probably against your morals and nearly impossible to
do...leave abortion alone.
As to the idea of adoption...you realize how many children remain in an
orphange for the span of their childhood lives? You really think that's
fair for them yet again? There is no love in an orphange...there is a
place to live. How would you like to know that your parents didn't want
you and gave you away? And to know that the people raising you don't
love you...they are doing this because it's their job? Yes there are
going to be a few who do care, but the majority of people in the work
force don't really like their job that much...I think the pain and
sufferring that the child endure for survival is much worse than never
knowing it even existed. A fetal baby (Within the first trimester)
doesn't have any idea of self. Fetal is the key word here people...it's
still just a clump of cells. Now if you want to tell me a clump of
cells has a knowledge of self...then does an ameba or a plant? You have
no problems killing a full grown plant which has a more complex cell
make up than a fetus does...not to mention the plant has actually lived
where as the fetus has not.

Things are either living, dead, or nonbiological matter. If you properly define life, then the fetus is living. Dead things do not grow, nor get bigger by multiplying the number of cells its made of.
We are all 'clumps of cells'. I dont see how an 9 month old clump of cells and a 3 month old clump of cells have different rights.
Killing plants is something we need to do to 100% of the time to survive. Killing children is 99% of the time, not.
You cannot determine the future for someone else. You dont know how children are going to live once they're born. They might have loving parents, they might have a hard childhood, but most importantly they have the right to live it. You're saying you're sparing someone a hard childhood by killing them before they have to deal with it. Did you consider that you might be 'sparing' a family an adoptive child? Or you might be 'sparing' that child a good life once they grow up? When children are put in orphanages, they are at least given the choice to live. And not all orphanages are loveless cold homes as you describe. Our family runs and orphanage in India where abandoned children are taken care of. They're loved, and they are going to school, and are given the opportunity to make something of themselves. Once out of the orphanage, these people have lives that would have been stolen from them if they had been aborted.
You can see them here: http://sangitacharitabletrust.com/
Those children are what happen when you dont abort. They grow up to be people.
Consider this. How many adoptive children commit suicide? If the numbers were somewhere near 100% then maybe there would be some reason to use 'a bad life' as the reason to abort them before they have a chance to live it, but since the numbers are much closer to around 1 or 2 percent, 98 percent of these non aborted children do have reasons to live, and if asked would give them to you. I dont think anyone has the right to decide whether someone will have a good enough reason to live in the future.
If I am ever considered in the least pro-choice it will be because I support the childs right to live and choose how to live.

Quote by Mystfyre
Long ago (okay maybe not THAT long) women had children when they were
as young as 12. What makes them emotionally unstable today? Hah..I
can't believe I'm arguing for the impregnation of 14 yr. olds. XD
Anyway, you guys suggest adoption. But I think you miss the point. The
woman carries an unwanted parasite in her for about 9 months.
Whether or not she was willing to hax sex is irrevelent. That parasite
is invading her right to not have a parasite in her body, and she may
use whatever force necessary to get rid of that parasite, including
fatal force. Its like suggesting that someone must keep a leech on
his/her body until the leech can survive without the body (never going
to happen but I didn't say this was a perfect analogy ^^v) after
swimming in leech-infested waters because he/she knew of the risks. If
you treat the parasite as a human, the arguement still holds water
because the woman would still be allowed to use fatal force to get rid
of the human who was invading her body without her consent.

A human fetus and a leech are different things. Parasites are detrimental to health. Thats what makes them parasitical. Biologically, there is nothing that a fetus does to harm a mother. The mother's body is in fact made to be able to carry and give birth to babies. We even have a special organ for it. We dont have a special organ that was made solely to devote itself to feed leeches. And leeches are something nobody wants hanging off their body. Someone's opinon of how to describe a certain thing does not change what it is.
You've changed the word to parasite, but the fact that it is still a forming human child has not changed. You were a 'parasite' once but you werent aborted because your mother wanted to give you a chance at life. Because even though you were just forming you had full potential to become who you are today. I dont believe that babies concieved by rape have any less right to life than we did when we were concieved. They dont have any less potential than we did to become good people. We werent any 'better' or 'more deserving' of life than they are at conception.
If we claim the right to live ourselves, and the right to choose to live, then we should have that same compassion for unborn children too. Just because they dont have a voice yet, does not mean we can take it away. There are so many places that will take your baby for free if you cant take care of it., rape or not. I dont see any reason short of medical complications worthy of killing a child. The greatest reasons I see present other than medical complications, is sheer laziness or social convenience.
I most definetly do not want abortion as a means of birth control. If you're not ready to have kids, have your tubes tied. Its cheaper than an abortion, and its reversible. And if you do concieve a child by rape, then bringing it to term and handing it over to an adoption agency, or just your hospital, will leave you a hero, instead of a murderer.

Note I said my analogy wasn't perfect. Dismantling it was a waste of time on your part.

And here I go to waste my time XD. I'm a bit rusty on this, so bear with me.

The parasite attacks the mother. It tricks the body into thinking it belongs there, otherwise the mother's body would kill it. You are right that the mother's body is equipped to grow a baby though. Doesn't change the fact that the zygote is a parasite, though, your opinion on it doesn't change the fact that it is a parasite. And fetuses can be quite detrimental to a woman's health. It causes odd behavioral patterns, pain, discomfort, etc., and can lead to death. But that doesn't matter, does it? No one gives a damn about the woman, only the parasite.

It may grow to be a human, but that does not mean the woman should be enslaved to do so. You are indeed correct; I was once a parasite. Since I'm still dependant, somewhat, on my parents, I am still a sort of parasite.

Everyone's right to life is equal. No one is more deserving of it than another. However, you cannot gain your right to life at the expense of a right of another. By invading a woman's body for nine months, causing misery and pain (especially if the parasite is unwanted), the parasite is invading on something called "liberty" and "property". You know, two of the three basic rights of a human being. While keeping this baby to term may be the mother's desire, other women might not want to go through excruciating pain and discomfort because other people want her to be a breeding machine. Why is everyone so quick to make the rights of a few cells greater than the rights of a human being?

And even if I do concede that these few cells are a human being (which I do not, but this is for arguement's sake), why do you feel that it is alright for one human being to enslave another to live?

By your arguements, I think any form of birth control is bad for you.

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Quote by Mystfire
Note I said my analogy wasn't perfect. Dismantling it was a waste of time on your part.

Let me apologise for retorting to what I mistook for support for an arguement. I assumed you made that analogy for a reason but I guess I was wrong.

Quote by MystFire
And here I go to waste my time smiley. I'm a bit rusty on this, so bear with me.
The parasite attacks the mother. It tricks the body into thinking it belongs there, otherwise the mother's body would kill it. You are right that the mother's body is equipped to grow a baby though. Doesn't change the fact that the zygote is a parasite, though, your opinion on it doesn't change the fact that it is a parasite. And fetuses can be quite detrimental to a woman's health. It causes odd behavioral patterns, pain, discomfort, etc., and can lead to death. But that doesn't matter, does it? No one gives a damn about the woman, only the parasite.

Indeed, I never disagreed to it causing pain and discomfort, but the key arguement is not whether this pregnancy is 'convenient' enough for the mother, but is about the value of the life. And I still disagree with the 'parasite' arguement. It has a negative connotation and most parents wouldnt call their 8 month old son a parasite by any means.

Quote by MystFire
It may grow to be a human, but that does not mean the woman should be enslaved to do so. You are indeed correct; I was once a parasite. Since I'm still dependant, somewhat, on my parents, I am still a sort of parasite.

Being still 'sort of' a parasite, does that give your parents the right to terminate your existance? You drain their money, their time, you get into arguements with them, cause them emotional discomfort now and then, and if they chose to terminate your life now, what right have you to stop them? You are the parasite, and you have no say? I find that unfair. Some things are valued, like human life, even at some cost. You know you have a say in your future, regardless of the fact that you are a drain. I think we should give children the right to live also.

Quote by Mystfyre
Everyone's right to life is equal. No one is more deserving of it than another. However, you cannot gain your right to life at the expense of a right of another.

The mother's life is scarcely in danger. Nobody is taking away her right to live. With your arguement, discomfort is something that can be traded for the right to live. I find that a very unequal tradeoff. I included medical emergencies as a situation in which I believe people have the right to choose. Medical emergencies, however, make the far minority of reasons for abortion.

Quote by Mystfyre
By invading a woman's body for nine months, causing misery and pain (especially if the parasite is unwanted), the parasite is invading on something called "liberty" and "property". You know, two of the three basic rights of a human being. While keeping this baby to term may be the mother's desire, other women might not want to go through excruciating pain and discomfort because other people want her to be a breeding machine. Why is everyone so quick to make the rights of a few cells greater than the rights of a human being?

That is the key arguement here. What about the liberty and property of the child? Those few cells are a developing human being! If you label a human being that hasnt reached maturation as inferior to a developed human being, then you MUST include small children too. Or anyone who hasnt reached full growth. If you extend the rights to liberty and property only to those developed into mature humans, then abortion should be extended to anyone immature. I disagree with that arguement, I know few people would support killing 5 year olds just because they're not physically and mentally developed enough to defend their right to live. Until then, its true, we all are a 'mass of cells' that is still growing bigger, developing more functions. That is what living things do. Just because a woman doesnt want it doesnt suddenly make the zygote, or embryo or whatever stage the baby is in suddenly less human. And human life is worth that 9 months of discomfort. It all comes back to convenience. I dont think we should trade human life for convenience. This isnt a soup can, this is a living, growing, developing human. Stating an earlier arguement by somene else, Its not an organ because organs dont grow into new people. Anyway, if she didnt want to be a 'breeding machine' she shouldnt be doing what leads to breeding. As for the rape issue, I covered that in the previous arguement.

Quote by Mystfyre
And even if I do concede that these few cells are a human being (which I do not, but this is for arguement's sake), why do you feel that it is alright for one human being to enslave another to live?

Im sure you think its completely unfair that you're living. /sarcasm. Very few people consider the right to live something that they're 'enlsaved' with. Most people have a purpose to their lives and are pursuing it. And if they feel that they're 'enslaved' with life, there is always suicide but I covered that already. I believe that the need to live should be handed over to the person who is going to do the living. If that takes discomfort then fine. Human life is worth that.

Quote by MystfyreBy your arguements, I think any form of birth control is bad for you.

How so? Tube tying is an outpatient procedure. And if 'discomfort' is such a major factor in the decision of abortion, then having your tubes tied isnt NEARLY as uncomfortable and isnt anywhere as close to painful as an abortion.

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

wow.. this thread has grown really long.

p.s. there's a thread for abortion already and my bad, i started a new ones so yeah.. maybe you guys can all talk it out there seeing that there are more evidences and stuff around. :)

eitherway,thanks for the constant participation. :)

Signature Image

Tengu

Tengu

Fine... I'll do it...

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by TenguFew weeks ago there was this woman in the news. She was pregnant but
she hide the fact by pretending just being fat. So when the time came
she gave birth in her bathroom and dumped the baby like a piece of
garbage. She got caught when she called help for her own bleeding. Now
THAT is sick. So I guess in an extreme situation like this where the
woman is going to kill the baby anyway... I guess abortion would be the
best option for the baby.

And on another note: since when is a rape baby any less human than any other baby? the baby didn't choose to be a rape baby.

When I said "dumped like a peace of garbage" I meaned it literally. The baby was thrown in a trash can where she managed to stay alive about two hours. When she was found there was nothing to do exept bury the body. I think it's pretty sad to be born only to live two hours in a trash can. Besides it's pretty useless to adopt a dead baby don't u think?

Day by day life goes by and before you know it you have grown old...

Quote by SuniraThat is the key arguement here. What about the liberty and property of the child? Those few cells are a developing human being! If you label a human being that hasnt reached maturation as inferior to a developed human being, then you MUST include small children too. Or anyone who hasnt reached full growth. If you extend the rights to liberty and property only to those developed into mature humans, then abortion should be extended to anyone immature. I disagree with that arguement, I know few people would support killing 5 year olds just because they're not physically and mentally developed enough to defend their right to live. Until then, its true, we all are a 'mass of cells' that is still growing bigger, developing more functions. That is what living things do. Just because a woman doesnt want it doesnt suddenly make the zygote, or embryo or whatever stage the baby is in suddenly less human. And human life is worth that 9 months of discomfort. It all comes back to convenience. I dont think we should trade human life for convenience. This isnt a soup can, this is a living, growing, developing human. Stating an earlier arguement by somene else, Its not an organ because organs dont grow into new people. Anyway, if she didnt want to be a 'breeding machine' she shouldnt be doing what leads to breeding. As for the rape issue, I covered that in the previous arguement.

hmm, its hard to take one side on this arguement, on one hand, it makes sense that the life of the person who is already developed and you know will live may have greater value than the growing mass of cells that has yet to be born, even if sucessful, withtout taking the life of its mother. However, on the other hand, you're taking away the rights on an organism that has the potential to be born and maybe it wouldn't want to die. These ideas can clash if you think, ok chances are, the baby won't want to die, but also, it probably won't want to risk its mother's life, i mean, if you could save you life, would you risk the life of your mom? Hard to answer, but then again , everything should be given a chance to live, circumstancially in a way. Its hard to ask a pro-life person who's relatives have been hurt or killed in somethinng like the Holocaust, saying "if you had the chance, would you prevent's Hitler's birth?" On the circumstance, some may say yes because to save one life is to lose millions and that wouldn't be worth it in their eyes. Theres no way to compare or measure life, so this arguement will go on forever till theres a 100% way of pregnancy with no death AND a 100% chance of a decent life for the child as well. People may argue against this, saying "if that came true, then people could have all the sex they want and just give up their kids?" but thats not where the issue lies, it lies in education of the people to know better. Im not pro life or anti-life or anything thats on one side or the other, im just being logical in a sense, this arguement is going to go no where because you can't put a value on rights and you can't put women's rights against infant rights, for me, I value the decision of the healthy person that is already alive and whom i consider moral enough to make a decision of abortion, more important than the childs, but only in that circumstance. Pregnancy is risky, even if the chance is low, so is surgery but people still die from that, you can't force someone to risk their life and you can force someone to take away life, so now we have a problem don't we ^^

btw, i really dislike how sometimes, the ones making the most arguement for or against it are people who do not have to suffer the pain or pregnancy or who cannot have children anymore, yes we care and want to make a difference, but the real decision lies within the hands oh healty women with the ablitiy to still have children.

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

chrno

chrno

sometimes it hurts..

For me....the thingie with the church is and ever was a lie. I'm sorry to all of you who believe in it but I don't. For me...there isn't a god and why shouldn't be absorbtion allowed? I think it is some kind of silly, ...., to forbid it for the people who are strict Christians...

[ it's getting worse and worse and worse.... ]

Moderator of [ Celestia ] and [ German-Members ] | Member of [ Ilvalthia ] and [ Hispanime ]

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Quote by heinketupBecoming impregnated by a rapist rarely happens. Just because it MAY happen, doesn't give everybody the right to kill babies left and right. How many abortions are because of rapists...not many, if at all, the majority of abortions are just because the baby inconviniences them. Pro-Life is the way to go.

Most abortions preformed due to rape are preformed shortly after the rape via medicine and that's why those numbers don't generally figure into the stats. The medicine is usually given before it is even possible to tell if the woman has become pregnant.

I'm against abortion because I don't like people who place a child's needs above their own. That being said, in addition to outlawing it, we need better access to birth control, better education for teenagers about birth control, and to change the laws regarding teenage mothers (namely that a girl who is underaged but becomes pregnant can more or less be legally abandoned by her parents which pretty much dooms both mother and child).

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Quote by Chopstickz The baby won't want to die, but also, it
probably won't want to risk its mother's life, i mean, if you could
save you life, would you risk the life of your mom?

If both are most likely going to come out alive then I see no reason for an abortion. If the mother has a great risk of death, then she can choose how to have her baby or not to have it at all.

Quote by chopstickz
Hard to answer, but then again , everything should be given a chance to live,
circumstancially in a way. Its hard to ask a pro-life person who's
relatives have been hurt or killed in somethinng like Holocaust, saying
"if you had the chance, would you prevent's Hitler's birth?" On the
circumstance, many may say yes because to save one life is to lose
millions and that wouldn't be worth it in their eyes.

Its just that there isnt any way to determine the baby's future. Its pointless to think about going back in time, and fixing what you cannot fix. Hitler, however, had no right to take the life of others away and thats what made him infamous.

Quote by chopstickz
Theres no way to
compare or measure life, so this arguement will go on forever till
theres a 100% way of pregnancy with no death AND a 100% chance of a
decent life for the child as well.

Medicine now is well developed and can predict with great accuracy the outcome of certian situation, such as the process of birth. We can only equate one life to another, the child is no less important than the parent. And sure this arguement may go on forever but in a world that is everchanging, the fight for rights has always spawned change and that is what protestors are aiming for: change. Maybe not 100% change but we cannot ever expect a Utopia. However, that does not mean we shouldnt debate about doing what we believe is correct.

Quote by chopstickz
People may argue against this,
saying "if that came true, then people could have all the sex they want
and just give up their kids?" but thats not where the issue lies, it
lies in education of the people to know better., but only in the
circumstance, pregnancy is risky, even if the chance is low, so is
surgery but people still die from that, you can't force someone to risk
their life and you can force someone to take away life, so now we have
a problem don't we ^^

Abortion would be used by some people as a form of birth control..an option open to anyone. And the issue lies in education, sure, but how many people do you know who dont know that sex leads to a chance of impregnation? Most people want an escape from the responsibility of the results of having sex. Like I said before, I dont see anything short of lack of foresight that prevents people from getting good birth control. Like in my previous thread, tube tying is 100 percent effective and is reversible not to mention a lot cheaper and less painful than an abortion. If people are willing to go through the monetary loss and physical pain of an abortion, not to mention the emotional trauma, then they have the time, money, and ability to have that simple procedure done. And only one gender would have to do it. I believe its less than an hours procedure for males and only a slightly longer one for females.

Quote by chopstickz
Im not pro life or
anti-life or anything thats on one side or the other, im just being
logical in a sense, this arguement is going to go no where because you
can't put a value on rights and you can't put women's rights against
infant rights, for me, i value the decision on the healthy and person
that is already alive and whom i consider moral enough to make a
decision of abortion more important that the childs

Thats what I meant, if we kept by your standards we should be able to abort small children too. No five year old is moral enough to make any sort of decision determining the future of their lives at that age. And fetuses are in most cases healthy and alive. By all biological standards they are living things that are growing. Its not right to take away the right to live of someone who isnt developed enough to understand or defend their right to live.

Quote by SuniraThats what I meant, if we kept by your standards we should be able to abort small children too. No five year old is moral enough to make any sort of decision determining the future of their lives at that age. And fetuses are in most cases healthy and alive. By all biological standards they are living things that are growing. Its not right to take away the right to live of someone who isnt developed enough to understand or defend their right to live.

well of course you can't do that, but you have to draw a line, you know that a 5yr olds can grow up and make that decison later on in life, so can a growing mass of cell's but their chance is slightly less, and comparing living children to cells that have potential to grow isn't really right, it doesn't make your arguement right or anything or anyone's wrong, thats a different moral idea, deciding maturity on age.

as for other stuff you said, wisely put but theres no point in arguing for or against it, isn't like
that well change or help anything, more drama in this world is that last thing we would need, we need perfection to make everything right and obviously, that won't be happening anytime soon, im just glad that you choose a more well put and logical arguement to reply to rather than one of those ill put, short and meaningless statements from other people that really don't give much imput and are one sided, no point in argueing with them...

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 75 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.