Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Those three-submissions-at-once-posters... - Minitokyo

Those three-submissions-at-once-posters...

page 1 of 1 7 total items

I think this problem concerns many MT artists;
I noticed that some people tend to spam the recent-submissions-gallery. Personally I am sad when a submission I want other people to see and comment disappears very fastly from the recent entries and goes into the wide world of MT server. And that all because someone thinks she/he has to submit three or four works at once - mostly those are only modified versions of one wallpaper (character or colour changes). That's not fair because they are flooding the recent entries gallery and pushing other submissions away just because they want to spam.
Is it legal according to the MT policies that someone may submit several works at once?

I got only one comment on my doujinshi pics, I figured people just didn't care. But I suppose the flooding of pics could play a factor. (Nah I just really suck ;_;) You would think spamming like that would be against the rules... but then again, I don't know exactly how it can be stopped unless there was someone watching the submissions galleries like 24/7 around the clock... no life.. o_O

XianPu

XianPu

Ni Hao

The problem with that though is that those people want a comment on their works as badly as you do. So they subsequently flood the ever living crap out of a particular area fishing for comments. I feel your pain on this though as I've had my fair share of walls dissapear forever into my user gallery with nary a comment on them because of A)ripped wallpapers B)flooded galleries (what you're talking about). All I can ever do is just sigh and hope someone browses my gallery and notices my wallpaper(s), and leaves a comment, or adds it to their favorites.

I dunno how legal it is though, what you're talking about, that is.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

i know what you mean, when i submit, i get only 1 to 3 comments.....and a copple of favs
and when i find someone's work on the frount page, i comment on their work (dosent matter what it is)...fav it and go to their site to look at more then do the same thing.....
i wish i had more comments, but i think i habve to work hard to get knowned.....so other members can go through your site and browse....

It's not illegal if it's their own work, but to avoid this sort of thing, they had to limit the number of submissions. Like if you're under level 10, you're only allowed to upload 3 things per day. After 10 is up to 6 and past some other one, I don't recall the number. I don't understand why people upload the exact same thing though... I've seen the same wallpaper submitted like 3 times >.> I don't understand why. Personally, I think this just makes more work for mods since they have to sort through people's work.

i limited my own uploads after having numerous of them deleted. It doesn't feel good to get stuff deleted so I judge my work before I think about submitting. But I understand what you mean. After an hour or so, your work is already lost in the depths cuz of the sheer number of submissions in a day ^^;; Unless it's really really good, it's hard to get comments on your work.

Nemontine89

Nemontine89

~Stoner~

Quote by mikareUnless it's really really good, it's hard to get comments on your work.

Not if you have lots of friends :hmpf:

Anywho, yeah, I know what you mean about people flooding the galleries. I don't think it's against any rules tho but it is really annoying to see three wallpapers of the same thing just color changes.

Signature
	Image Woof? XD

Quote by harakiriI think this problem concerns many MT artists;
I noticed that some people tend to spam the recent-submissions-gallery. Personally I am sad when a submission I want other people to see and comment disappears very fastly from the recent entries and goes into the wide world of MT server. And that all because someone thinks she/he has to submit three or four works at once - mostly those are only modified versions of one wallpaper (character or colour changes). That's not fair because they are flooding the recent entries gallery and pushing other submissions away just because they want to spam.
Is it legal according to the MT policies that someone may submit several works at once?

I have to agree with harakiri.

It's understandable that people would like feedback on their work, regardless of their level of skill. And I for one would gladly comment. However submiting multiple pieces of poor work is justing wasting other people's time, and taking up the time you should be using to improve your own skills. Useless.

If you can manage to submit 3 to 4 pieces at a time, they should be all high quality. Otherwise you are just plain spamming. Good work takes up to 20 hours to complete, and artists like harakiri would spend a lot of time planning and Cging their subs. A few hour long doodles are not as deserving of views.

Personally, I never submit any work I don't think deserves to be scanned. So far since I've joined MT, it has to be about at least 12 A4 and A3 drawings that take around three hours or so to finish. They remain in my folio.

Thus, by all means post. But limit it to your very best.

- This Free Life Crisis -

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.